Universal Gaming
Splatoon (Series) - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Splatoon (Series) (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Pages: 1 2 3

Splatoon (Series) - Karo - Jun 6th, 2018

I figured I would be the one to remake this as the resident Splatoon fan.

Come here to talk about Splatoon 1 & 2 because lets face it Splatoon 1 is kinda dead and it all about Splatoon 2.

July 31st will be getting access to the octoexpansion and I am excited for it!

Has any of you picked it up lately? Smile

coughthetwolovebirbsoftheforumimlookingatyoucough

RE: Splatoon - Karo - Jun 9th, 2018

So I'm pretty sure no one else own it yet, but I'm still going to post this here. Currently for the Splatoon World Tournament at E3 they are releasing an in-game T-shirt for the event.

To get it simply look into your new feed for the the Splatoon official news channel on there and find the announcement for the shirt and click Gear up! I already got mine. Smile

RE: Splatoon - Mr EliteL - Jun 12th, 2018

Just switched on Nintendo, and at the Splatoon World Championships, this was announced:

The Octo Expansion will be available starting tomorrow evening in the US, and 14th in Japan. Other areas is between these two dates. Didn't catch which days though. Also, amiibos for Octoling Girl, Boy and Squid have been made. Release is planned for this year.

[Image: splatoon-2-octoling-amiibo-1-656x369.jpg]

RE: Splatoon - Karo - Jun 12th, 2018

:O All of your E3 sins Nintendo have now been forgiven...but we better get AC next time. <.<

RE: Splatoon - Moonface - Jul 29th, 2019

I came across this cool thing on Twitter where someone made a whole project for a Splatoon 3 concept and wanted to share it with everyone! Grin

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1155016572693557248

RE: Splatoon (Series) - Karo - Aug 13th, 2019

Honestly their ideas look so good I wish that Nintendo would hire them for Spaltoon 3! XD

RE: Splatoon (Series) - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2019

(Aug 13th, 2019, 01:30 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Honestly their ideas look so good I wish that Nintendo would hire them for Spaltoon 3! XD
I think it's good enough that you could fool someone into thinking it's legitimate if they didn't know any better. Even the logo design fits perfectly.

I also like how they have a backstory to everything. I haven't read it all yet, but it goes so in-depth that you may as well be reading an official concept art book. The Reef Barrier special is also ingenious and something I'd love to see actually become a thing (although I'd like to see all of this be a thing).

RE: Splatoon (Series) - WR91 - Oct 1st, 2020

This game series has intrigued me quite a bit as I've never actually played any of them.

I kinda wish they would have remade the first one for the Switch instead of jumping right into a second one.

RE: Splatoon (Series) - Moonface - Oct 10th, 2020

(Oct 1st, 2020, 08:15 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I kinda wish they would have remade the first one for the Switch instead of jumping right into a second one.
As far as I'm aware there is nothing the first game has that wasn't in the second, except maybe for some of the maps. Plus all the content drops for the original Splatoon had finished two years before Splatoon 2 released, and the last event in the original game was used to develop the second game.

RE: Splatoon (Series) - Moonface - Feb 17th, 2021

Splatoon 3 Announced
A new entry in the Splatoon series has been announced during today's Nintendo Direct, and will be releasing in 2022.

RE: Splatoon (Series) | Splatoon 3 Announced - Mr EliteL - Feb 18th, 2021

That was starting to look like a Splatoon adventure game at the beginning there. Wonder what the little companion does alongside the player, I take it it's a new feature or something. Maybe in the hub area as I didn't see anything in the 4v4 gameplay. Was the crab that looked like a weapon to set up, but obviously not the little guy. Or perhaps there will be a single player mode with it included.

RE: Splatoon (Series) | Splatoon 3 Announced - Moonface - Feb 18th, 2021

I expect there will be a single player mode, which I assume is the big reason to need to make a sequel. New maps and weapons feel like they could just be added as DLC, but on the other hand that relies on people buying them to keep matches balanced and not split the player pool apart across old and new maps. But I do hope there's a good amount of stuff added that feels like it would have to be in a sequel because Splatoon 2 couldn't work with it even if added for free.

I should really play Splatoon 2 though. Got a copy of it ages ago and I haven't even opened the case. XD

RE: Splatoon (Series) | Splatoon 3 Announced - Karo - Mar 6th, 2021

I was really shocked to hear that this was announced and this is the first time I watched the trailer and my current thoughts are, I love the new hairstyles and its cute and what does the little buddy do? I'm looking forward to seeing what they add to this mode and I hope they make the new story mode kinda similiar to the Octoling expansion that was really fun!

RE: Splatoon (Series) | Splatoon 3 Announced - Moonface - Mar 6th, 2021

I think for single player that buddy will be used to allow for co-op play. What it could do in mutiplayer though I have no idea.

RE: Splatoon (Series) | Splatoon 3 Announced - Karo - Mar 6th, 2021

That sounds actually really neat I would love to see that!

But does the buddy have anything to spray ink with though?