Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 13th, 2018

Yes, I arrived safely. Can't say I really enjoyed the flight, but I made it through it. Now just need to survive the return flight home on Monday. Then I think I'm done with flying for a few years... or for good. That sounds better.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 13th, 2018

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:34 AM)Moonface Wrote:
You've never seen those before? They do burgers too, and their packaging always shows more than what you get. For example, burgers with lettuce and onions in them but they only have the burger.

I've had their burgers a few times, but only as a snack during my evening break at my prior workplace. I'd normally find a few of them in the reduced section due to their sell by date being close.

I have only seen stuff belonging to the more reasonable level of the lazy food market (i.e tinned sausages and beans, some forms of chicken, instant soups...) never anything like a hotdog, burger, bacon roll or any of the things they apparently make.

That's interesting.

I'm not sure I'd pay a whole pound for it, though. Another review I saw showed you could get sausages and mashed potato for 89p...

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:35 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:23 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Oh man:

[Image: Photo-04-12-2017-08-14-51-1024x906.jpg]

(Image credit: Chris Ashton / StudentMunch).

That's just goregous... a microwavable hot-dog? How can you be this lazy? xD

And I bet it sells really well, too xD

and yet the first thing I saw was Ketchup/catsup on it. BURN IT TO, IT IS AN ABOMINATION TO HOTDOGS

Ketchup rules!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 13th, 2018

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:41 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:34 AM)Moonface Wrote:
You've never seen those before? They do burgers too, and their packaging always shows more than what you get. For example, burgers with lettuce and onions in them but they only have the burger.

I've had their burgers a few times, but only as a snack during my evening break at my prior workplace. I'd normally find a few of them in the reduced section due to their sell by date being close.

I have only seen stuff belonging to the more reasonable level of the lazy food market (i.e tinned sausages and beans, some forms of chicken, instant soups...) never anything like a hotdog, burger, bacon roll or any of the things they apparently make.

That's interesting.

I'm not sure I'd pay a whole pound for it, though. Another review I saw showed you could get sausages and mashed potato for 89p...

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:35 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:23 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Oh man:

[Image: Photo-04-12-2017-08-14-51-1024x906.jpg]

(Image credit: Chris Ashton / StudentMunch).

That's just goregous... a microwavable hot-dog? How can you be this lazy? xD

And I bet it sells really well, too xD

and yet the first thing I saw was Ketchup/catsup on it. BURN IT TO, IT IS AN ABOMINATION TO HOTDOGS

Ketchup rules!

I was going to show you that the US Hotdog and Sausage Association saids that ketchup on hotdogs is a no-no for any adult, but then I saw this:
Quote:Do: Eat hot dogs on buns with your hands. Utensils should not touch hot dogs on buns

Bitches never have seen a proper Coney Dog (Detroit Style, where it came from despite the name) then so much no bean chilli on it you can't really use your hands (and the steam bum..)
Damn now I want some Coney Dogs...

I have a distaste for Ketchup after I had some that went bad (or was just a really bad batch) at a school cafeteria back in primary school
Only on hotdogs though since that is what I had it on that day, fries and burgers yes please.

(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:40 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Yes, I arrived safely. Can't say I really enjoyed the flight, but I made it through it. Now just need to survive the return flight home on Monday. Then I think I'm done with flying for a few years... or for good. That sounds better.

I think Monocle has other plans for you...

Quote:...US Hotdog and Sausage Association...

Aaaaand that's a real thing.

What else could I say, really? It was nice meeting ya, world, but I don't wanna be near you any longer Tongue

(Jul 13th, 2018, 01:10 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

What else could I say, really? It was nice meeting ya, world, but I don't wanna be near you any longer Tongue

...That is what got you?! I am envious I been wanting to go to go to mars for years now to get off this damn rock filled with idiots.

Pro Life Tip kids: Don't study Political Philosophy and Political Science in college.

(Jul 13th, 2018, 02:26 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

...That is what got you?! I am envious I been wanting to go to go to mars for years now to get off this damn rock filled with idiots.

Pro Life Tip kids: Don't study Political Philosophy and Political Science in college.

It was just the last straw Wink

I'm your run-of-the-mill pinless grenade Grin

Or don't discuss politics at all. That also works Wink

(Jul 13th, 2018, 02:33 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2018, 02:26 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

It was just the last straw Wink

I'm your run-of-the-mill pinless grenade Grin

Or don't discuss politics at all. That also works Wink

But you see, as some one who has a background in PoliSci I can tell you how screwed up the fact that the DNC chose Queen Hillary before the primaries (hell the DNC was running ads endorsing Hillary before the primaries were even over in violation of their own rules) was. "Oh hey this guy Bernie is polling better then Trump and Hillary is dead last...what do?"

"TELL EVERYONE ITS HER TURN!"

Dispite the fact that the Clintons... are a tarnished name in US politics by a lot of people including moderates and their fellow liberals/democrats.

Also never mind the fact that rarely if ever a Presidential Canadate is ever (sersiously) considered again if they lose an election, and Hillary lost to a black (in supposed "racist America") newbie to the political system the first time, despite her "years of experience."

Then she lost to an orange baffoon who can't keep a stable roster of staffers.

And yet there is talk of "HILLARY 2020"
The DNC is talking about taking a 2 time disgraced presidential candidate who couldn't win term limited presidential elections, is now expected to run and win ("because its her turn") a (hypothetical [dear God please no to this and HRC running]) president running for his second term.

It the history of the US it only happened 5 times, chances are not on Hillary's side even if this would have been her first run.

But no if I didn't have the knowledge I do from my background in Poli Sci I could just go on being ignorant and blissful on these facts on how the DNC is fucking up.

Man, I absolutely hate having to play older Windows 95/98 games on modern PCs.

I haven't played Claw! in some twenty years or so and now it just slugs on my mind-blowingly powerful PC (from the requirements' perspective).

Worse yet, I downloaded a version that claimed to be fit for modern OSs and it just wouldn't run because it says it is missing some dlls. Great freaking optimization, guys.

(Jul 13th, 2018, 07:34 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

I haven't played Claw! in some twenty years or so and now it just slugs on my mind-blowingly powerful PC (from the requirements' perspective).

Worse yet, I downloaded a version that claimed to be fit for modern OSs and it just wouldn't run because it says it is missing some dlls. Great freaking optimization, guys.

CD or DVD release? Whistle

(Jul 13th, 2018, 07:40 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

I have the CD release (I didn't even know there was a DVD one).

Fixed, though... forcing Windowed mode FTW!

(Jul 13th, 2018, 07:43 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

The DVD release contains higher(720x480 IIRC) res cut scenes and looks more like a cartoon then the combined cartoon+pixel art of the CD version. There might be other differences but I am not sure.

(Jul 13th, 2018, 07:47 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2018, 07:43 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

The DVD release contains higher(720x480 IIRC) res cut scenes and looks more like a cartoon then the combined cartoon+pixel art of the CD version. There might be other differences but I am not sure.

Thanks for the info and for trying your hand at it, dude.

I'm happy I get to play that now Grin

But seriously, Windows is a monster. Pandemonium! used to run perfectly -and I expect still does- but things like Need for Speed 3 would randomly crash my old PC. Get it together, MS.

I did nothing.

As far as programs there are multiple issues from some games being programmed to run on CPU clock speed (although we still see shit like this toady like if FO4 goes above 60FPS..) to using old/undocumented windodows system calls (or DOS), to old/outdated graphic layers (like say DX5 etc) and many other issues.

Quote:I did nothing.

That's what you think Wink

Quote:As far as programs there are multiple issues from some games being programmed to run on CPU clock speed (although we still see shit like this toady like if FO4 goes above 60FPS..) to using old/undocumented windodows system calls (or DOS), to old/outdated graphic layers (like say DX5 etc) and many other issues.

Bottom line: You may be screwed regardless on a modern OS.

(Jul 13th, 2018, 10:16 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Quote:I did nothing.

That's what you think Wink
That is my story and I am sticking to it! I didn't do nothing!

Quote:
Quote:As far as programs there are multiple issues from some games being programmed to run on CPU clock speed (although we still see shit like this toady like if FO4 goes above 60FPS..) to using old/undocumented windodows system calls (or DOS), to old/outdated graphic layers (like say DX5 etc) and many other issues.

Bottom line: You may be screwed regardless on a modern OS.

Well the CPU thing was more like "You're screwed if you upgrade your 300MHz CPU to a 500MHz CPU" back in the day or in the case of me:
"Fallout 4 becomes unplayable if you go from your old GPU to the 1070" (but turns out you just need to turn on Vsycn so its locked at 60 <_<)