Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 7th, 2018

I don't really see it as a question of if we will more of a question of when will we get it that long again?

I think we are going to have to give it a few years. The old UCT had a few years behind it. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 7th, 2018

Depends. UCT on UG had 8 years behind it. UDT on EGF (pre-UG board) had more than that in just under two years. So it could go either way really. XD

Nice to see that the server is holding up nicely. I was worried it would be screaming at me this morning. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 7th, 2018

*Sighs*.

So, I left the match between the Blue Jays and Yankees on the 9th inning, because they were tied and I needed to go to bed.

When I woke up today, I found out they lost 0-3 in the 13th inning... and I just wanna break things.

There really should be a rule saying that, if you kept the Yankees off the board for nine innings, you ought to win. It was clear the Jays' bullpen was gonna fall apart after such an ordeal.

And they are super stubborn into not calling literally the best hitter on all of baseball from the minors to help.

Ugh!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 7th, 2018

I'm sorry Tsu that your team lost. Sad They'll get them next year!

@Moony: Didn't UDT on EGF also have the benefit of everyone just using that topic for chatting over the other forums? XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 8th, 2018

Hehe. Thanks, Yuri *hugs*.

At a certain point, I'm kind of embarrassed to even get this worked up over the performance of a team literally a world away from me... but the other half of me is like "BLUE JAYS! WOOOOO!" Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 8th, 2018

Hey there nothing wrong with getting passionate about something you love. Grin

Just remember by doing this you agree to take full responsibility for your actions!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 8th, 2018

(Jun 7th, 2018, 11:44 PM)Yuri Wrote:
@Moony: Didn't UDT on EGF also have the benefit of everyone just using that topic for chatting over the other forums? XD
At times, yes. It probably also benefited from being used by kids all in school and having a stupid amount of free time on their hands to be on the board all day. Tongue

(Jun 8th, 2018, 03:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 7th, 2018, 11:44 PM)Yuri Wrote:
At times, yes. It probably also benefited from being used by kids all in school and having a stupid amount of free time on their hands to be on the board all day. Tongue
I totally was busy like all the time! I am still so very busy!  Glare

I probably will be busier during the fall right now, I kinda got nothing to do. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 8th, 2018

(Jun 8th, 2018, 05:05 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Hey there nothing wrong with getting passionate about something you love. Grin

Just remember by doing this you agree to take full responsibility for your actions!

^^!

Not sure I fully follow the second part, but I'll try my best to not to actually break anything xD

Back ontopic: I'm very Canadian when it comes to sports... I love all Canadian teams passionately. That said, I feel a thunderous round of applause is owed to the valiant Las Vegas Golden Knights, who have made us all realize just how broken NHL is and how badly-rated some players are.

They made it to the Stanley Cup finals on their first season and with players mostly discarded by other teams.

Keep it up, dudes! And I hope you make it back next year! (But not by eliminating Les Habs Tongue).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 8th, 2018

I wouldn't really say that the players that Vegas got were exactly terrible. They weren't wanted by the teams they were on previously, but that could have been for a few reasons other than they were bad players.

Their goaltender for example. I'm sure the Penguins didn't want him because he was bad, they just felt that the other kid they kept had more of a promising future than he did. They had to pick between the veteran or the future. I'm sure that was the case with a lot of teams.

I'd say their names, but honestly I greatly dislike hockey and I barely pay attention to the NHL at all.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 8th, 2018

When I was a kid I was always told "Work hard it will pay off" So I worked hard, I had to work harder then my peers due to issues I don't want to disclose. My childhood memories are just working on homework and being stressed out at school even in elementary school. Since 5th grade my goal was to get a PhD.
In high school things were going okay, some stress (well a lot) but I was in the top 25 of my class and I was excelling academically.

Then College started off okay but I was working my ass off and so stressed out I ended up with a mental break down then I am pretty sure the stress gave me cancer.

Since then everything has been shit, I had a job that I hated then I had a friend since elementary school die, at his funeral I met some one who told me about an IT job opening and I applied and got the job, I thought things were going to get better for me. Today just shy of 1.5 years at the IT job I got fired for no real reason.

Once again despite working my ass off and doing everything to the best of my ability I am back at square one.

(Jun 8th, 2018, 10:43 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
When I was a kid I was always told "Work hard it will pay off" So I worked hard, I had to work harder then my peers due to issues I don't want to disclose. My childhood memories are just working on homework and being stressed out at school even in elementary school.  Since 5th grade my goal was to get a PhD.
In high school things were going okay, some stress (well a lot) but I was in the top 25 of my class and I was excelling academically.

Then College started off okay but I was working my ass off and so stressed out I ended up with a mental break down  then I am pretty sure the stress gave me cancer.

Since then everything has been shit, I had a job that I hated then I had a friend since elementary school die, at his funeral I met some one who told me about an IT job opening and I applied and got the job, I thought things were going to get better for me. Today just shy of 1.5 years at the IT job I got fired for no real reason.

Once again despite working my ass off and doing everything to the best of my ability I am back at square one.
Okay PM first things first, fuck your boss! Whoever they happen to be fuck them! I bet it just some bullshit to save money.  Hmph  I'm really sorry PM this must be stressful as hell. Sad

I know things have been shitty right now, but you've hung in there this long I'm sure things will eventually turn around and you should be able to find another job that much better than that shitty place. >.<

I'm here for you if you feel like you need to vent anymore. Life can be pretty shitty! 

[Image: e0ce3beb341e0cd5b5034c6a2e3e520f.jpg]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 9th, 2018

@Dragon Lord: I actually agree with you on the goalie, however... most of the other guys were really given away. Like that guy, whose name I cannot remember right now, who got distinctly hot this season, shooting and scoring like crazy... his original team gave Vegas two draft picks and him in exchange for taking him and not their rising talents.

@PM: I'm terribly sorry to hear that, dude. I know it probably won't amount to much, but feel free to PM me if you'd like to vent some more... I know from experience how much of a game changer that could be on these situations.

And F your boss, indeed.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 9th, 2018

Thanks everyone.

Tsu your signature
Quote:When leaves have fallen
And skies turned to grey.

Triggered a memory form my High School choir days, in our Winter show. It was called "All the World is Winter" If you google it and come across the choir sites that sell the music they bill it as "a winter choral that makes no mention of the holidays, consider this wonderfully descriptive piece. Depicting the stark beauty of winter" but it doesn't depict the stark "beauty" of winter, its depressive,
lyrics include
"How hard it is to remember, the warmth of Spring in December, when all the world is winter (all the world is winter) and snow..."
"Shadows lengthen in to night roses no longer bloom"

https://choralmusic.com/school_best.htm
https://choralmusic.com/audio/alltheworld.mp3

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 9th, 2018

Good morning!