Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 17th, 2018

(Jul 17th, 2018, 10:37 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
The only thing the tablet will be used for is general web browsing and playing Star Ocean: Anamnesis, since my phone can't really run the game all that well. Nothing too intense. Maybe the occasional video/stream watching, but probably not all that often. That'll still be mainly on the laptop and desktop (when I eventually get one).

For $98, I don't mind seeing how that one performs. It's got really good reviews, and is the highest rated one on Amazon (for laptop/tablet combination), so it apparently does something right.

Word of caution, Google marked my Asus Zenpad (which either has 1 or 2 gigs of RAM I forget) as not compatible with the game, now since app devs and google are not being transparent on system requirements and why it isn't compatible (Android version not current enough? Not enough RAM? the SoC/GPU not powerful enough? No one is telling me) So I would not be surprised if this device doesn't work for that game, but at this point who knows.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 17th, 2018

On the off-chance that the tablet doesn't run the game, it'll still be useful for general internet browsing. Especially when I want to look something up for a game, but I don't want to interrupt watching a video or stream. Either way, for only $98, I don't see how I can really go wrong.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 17th, 2018

(Jul 17th, 2018, 11:08 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
On the off-chance that the tablet doesn't run the game, it'll still be useful for general internet browsing. Especially when I want to look something up for a game, but I don't want to interrupt watching a video or stream. Either way, for only $98, I don't see how I can really go wrong.

I just wanted to make sure you knew that, I believe in the informed consumer like today my mom drove me nuts, we needed a new microwave and her first reaction was just to take a picture of the cheapest one (<1.0 Cubic inch, and 700 watts, both are too low for the needs of my house) and see if she could go some where else and price compare that, I had to explain to her what our needs where despite her using the microwave a lot... and had to read her reviews of them...*sighs* then she just wanted to get one because "it was a good brand when we got one over 30 years ago.." and she knows things are not made like they were 30 years ago... *sighs*

if I asked her what she was looking for this was her list:
not-white
microwaves things

*sighs*

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jul 18th, 2018

Moms and technology are natural enemies, my friend.

At least she has you to help her pick the right one Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jul 18th, 2018

(Jul 18th, 2018, 03:27 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Moms and technology are natural enemies, my friend.

At least she has you to help her pick the right one Smile

Funny story about that...

My dad texts my mom that ends up with a "dont worry about it..."

turns out he got one I rejected over reviews but at lease it fits the requirements for wattage and space..

Huh.

Also, All-Star game was AMAZING! And Toronto's JA Happ got the save.

(Jul 18th, 2018, 07:41 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Huh.

Also, All-Star game was AMAZING! And Toronto's JA Happ got the save.

yeah welcome to my family....

Next topic: Every family get together the conversation over the meal will deal with illness/disease/death/dead people

Next Next topic: As a kid my grandmother would take me and my brother to cemeteries....and often if I go up to the farm she takes me to one...(at lease that one has family in it..)
Last time I drove with her to the farm she said "This time no cemeteries!" Due to road construction totally messing up were we were going we needed to stop somewhere to gather our surroundings and she pulled in to a bloody cemetery to do that. Glare

Eh, all families have their quirks. Yours sound interesting at the very least.

(Jul 18th, 2018, 04:45 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Eh, all families have their quirks. Yours sound interesting at the very least.

In all the wrong ways Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 18th, 2018

I do not welcome anyone to my family. If there was a choice.

Ah, work this week. Monday was crap, even though I was there for 5 hours, everything still goes to shit. Mondays are usually like that, but this one was far worse for my department and store. Wasting time wasting that day's date (loose) bananas just because someone was in who might pick up on it, yet all the bananas were actually fine. My section leader did that, and she was very annoyed. Had fun an hour by myself because of that as other colleagues were on break or gone home. Produce stock goes down quick. (I wanted to make a funny analogy, but nope) For whatever reason the Frozen backup went down, so every section leader in that day (bar mine) was wasting everything. Today, made lots of negative counts on stock, since some had way too high inventory for some reason. Also bizarrely there was five of my colleagues in at 6AM.

Anyway, yeah. Good you made it back fine, DL. Yeah, you gotta try and do another trip some time, perhaps not by air though. XD

I hope following days are better, EL Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jul 18th, 2018

(Jul 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
For whatever reason the Frozen backup went down, so every section leader in that day (bar mine) was wasting everything.
The backup going down should not create a problem with the stock unless it lasted for more than a day. If stock went bad within the day someone left the door open too much.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jul 18th, 2018

I wasn't aware of what the problem was. I was wondering why there was so many people down there for so long, I should've asked how it happened. XD From what I saw, lots of boxes were caved in and soggy. Perhaps nights never closed it properly and was left for a few hours. I'll ask Friday.

Thanks, Tsu. I swear I don't know which one to call you right now. XD

Whichever is fine Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jul 18th, 2018

(Jul 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I do not welcome anyone to my family. If there was a choice.

Ah, work this week. Monday was crap, even though I was there for 5 hours, everything still goes to shit. Mondays are usually like that, but this one was far worse for my department and store. Wasting time wasting that day's date (loose) bananas just because someone was in who might pick up on it, yet all the bananas were actually fine. My section leader did that, and she was very annoyed. Had fun an hour by myself because of that as other colleagues were on break or gone home. Produce stock goes down quick. (I wanted to make a funny analogy, but nope) For whatever reason the Frozen backup went down, so every section leader in that day (bar mine) was wasting everything. Today, made lots of negative counts on stock, since some had way too high inventory for some reason. Also bizarrely there was five of my colleagues in at 6AM.

Anyway, yeah. Good you made it back fine, DL. Yeah, you gotta try and do another trip some time, perhaps not by air though. XD

Doing a road trip would actually be a lot of fun. Though I'd have to find a way to Monocle's that avoids driving in NYC, because fuuuuuuuuck that.