Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 10th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 07:41 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Same here in Florida. The weather looks pretty dodgy today too. Not raining yet, but I'm expecting it too from the looks of the sky.
What part of Florida? I'm in Miami.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 10th, 2018

Where they live is for them to say, but I live not too far from you, Relic; I'm in PBC, and that day the weather SUCKED! It poured before I went to work; thank god it ended by the time I headed out.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 10th, 2018

Well... damn!

The Blue Jays just swept the Orioles, erasing nearly a whole month of mediocre baseball in one feel sweep. Now they have the chance to come very strongly to an achievable series in Tampa against the Devil Rays (I refuse to call them Rays) and maybe turn things around and jump back into contention.

Tsu is happy.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 11th, 2018

(Jun 10th, 2018, 06:36 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Where they live is for them to say, but I live not too far from you, Relic; I'm in PBC, and that day the weather SUCKED! It poured before I went to work; thank god it ended by the time I headed out.

No joke, every day we've had these ridiculous heavy thunderstorms coming through. Severe Weather.  Hmph

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 11th, 2018

(Jun 10th, 2018, 05:09 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Jun 9th, 2018, 07:41 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Same here in Florida. The weather looks pretty dodgy today too. Not raining yet, but I'm expecting it too from the looks of the sky.
What part of Florida? I'm in Miami.
We're in the Delray Beach area. So not far from Miami, I think it's maybe about over an hours drive? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 11th, 2018

(Jun 11th, 2018, 03:16 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Jun 10th, 2018, 06:36 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

No joke, every day we've had these ridiculous heavy thunderstorms coming through. Severe Weather.  Hmph

Augh I am jealous

RE: Universal Chat Thread - queenzelda - Jun 11th, 2018

We get tornadoe's every March over by here. One year there was like 5 mini tornado's on the map in some area's. It was kinda scary. D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 11th, 2018

(Jun 11th, 2018, 10:16 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
We get tornadoe's every March over by here. One year there was like 5 mini tornado's on the map in some area's. It was kinda scary. D:

I have a friend who lives in Oklahoma, the OKC area, thank God not Moore (which seems to get hit by a tornado more then any other place).

It has been over 20 years since my area got any storms of note, The 1998 Southern Great Lakes Derecho
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/misc/AbtDerechos/casepages/may30-311998page.htm

Although back in 2010 the counties around mine were going crazy one night with a bunch of tornado warnings (if it looks light for Michigan, its because a radar indicated tornado does not necessary mean there is one, just that the meteorologists/fancy program sees a tornado signature in the radar returns, but YOU STILL NEED TO SEEK SHELTER).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_outbreak_of_June_5%E2%80%936,_2010#June_5_event

It got so bad the Local Forecast Office killed the Text to Speech feed and just had a person read the warnings.
Honestly I only recall this event because I was recovering from foot surgery (all summer) and thinking "Shit if it happens here WTF am I suppose to do?!"

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 12th, 2018

One of the reasons I could never see myself living in the Midwest. The tornadoes get HUGE.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 12th, 2018

(Jun 12th, 2018, 05:32 PM)Relic Wrote:
One of the reasons I could never see myself living in the Midwest. The tornadoes get HUGE.
Depends on midwest state, Michigan for example the last strong tornadoes to hit the state were in the 50s and 60s.
Oklahoma especially central (unless Normand, I swear that city has like anti tornado missles or something) you best live underground.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 12th, 2018

From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 12th, 2018

(Jun 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM)Relic Wrote:
From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

Texas "Cheats" because of its absurd size. I couldn't find an actual source but according to wiki Oklahoma has had the most F/EF 5 Tornado then any other state.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 13th, 2018

I think I'm happy where I'm at, lmao.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Hotspot - Jun 13th, 2018

Speaking of Florida, I never realized how big it was.. until my friend Victor, left me and our friend Donna and & moved to Florida. He was supposed to live in Orlando, but then he ended up moving to Port Richey instead. Like when I looked at Florida on the map, to see where he was. I was like holy crap, Florida is giantic!

He was only there for a year, and then got a job offer in Kentucky. Now he works, and has a house in Kentucky, and he's doing factory work right now. He doesn't want to leave, but my friend Donna and I are like, come back! We miss you! lol (Although, ironically, I'd love to move to California, or somewhere warm someday. )
Now, he's stuck with his bossy friend Toby, who's parents just kind of made her live with him, because they were done with her. We don't like her, she can't sit with us.
She's crazy, she can fit a whole wine bottle down her breasts, and she has sticky fingers...

Meanwhile, Victor is a crossdresser, and most people think he's a girl, with or without feminine clothing. But he unfortunately, has to dress in masculine clothing, due to the homophobic people around. (I think this was both Florida, and Kentucky) That diva's personality is larger than the sun, so can't be an easy task for him to dress down, so to speak.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - aerodynamik - Jun 13th, 2018

Good morning everyone !