Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 13th, 2018

(Jun 12th, 2018, 10:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jun 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM)Relic Wrote:
From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

Texas "Cheats" because of its absurd size. I couldn't find an actual source but according to wiki Oklahoma has had the most F/EF 5 Tornado then any other state.

Technically, if you include EF 0s and 1s, Florida has the largest number of tornados per sq. mi. Who'd've thunk that weather that makes hurricanes can also make tornadoes?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 13th, 2018

(Jun 13th, 2018, 08:16 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Good morning everyone !
Good morning aero! What are you up to today? Smile

*sigh* I think I'm going to need to go to Broward to deal with my admission. For some reason the stuff I provided them is invalid and then proceeded to tell me to send through things that was what I sent that they marked invalid. I also mentioned being married removes the need to be in the country for 12 months and yet the person on the end of the line kept refusing to acknowledge that and kept bringing up getting an employment letter despite the fact I told her I am not employed. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 13th, 2018

Sounds like your having a wonderful day Moon, atleast it isn't raining.  Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 13th, 2018

(Jun 13th, 2018, 04:47 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Jun 12th, 2018, 10:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jun 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM)Relic Wrote:
From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

Texas "Cheats" because of its absurd size. I couldn't find an actual source but according to wiki Oklahoma has had the most F/EF 5 Tornado then any other state.

Technically, if you include EF 0s and 1s, Florida has the largest number of tornados per sq. mi. Who'd've thunk that weather that makes hurricanes can also make tornadoes?

Well a tornado is kind of like a mini cycone IMO.

But I was doing total number of, not per sq. mile, which I feel is a better indicator. I assume if waterspouts (proper tornadic water spouts*, where the tornado just was over water and never hit land)were included in the tornado count Florida would win flat out.

(Jun 13th, 2018, 06:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 13th, 2018, 08:16 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Good morning everyone !
Good morning aero! What are you up to today? Smile

*sigh* I think I'm going to need to go to Broward to deal with my admission. For some reason the stuff I provided them is invalid and then proceeded to tell me to send through things that was what I sent that they marked invalid. I also mentioned being married removes the need to be in the country for 12 months and yet the person on the end of the line kept refusing to acknowledge that and kept bringing up getting an employment letter despite the fact I told her I am not employed. Rolleyes

Damn foreigner tryin' to take away an 'Murican job. LEAN TO SPEAK ENG......oh wait...LEARN TO USE PROPER 'MURICAN ENGLISH /s Tongue

(Honestly though Fuck H1B visas its being abused by companies who want to pay shit wages for God tier job requirements /IT rant)

You might want to seek some legal consoling with a lawyer who specializes in such cases. Or you might be able to utilize this: https://www.local10.com/consumer/leave-it-to-layron/free-legal-aid-part-of-new-services-at-broward-county-courthouse

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Nightingale - Jun 14th, 2018

Night, everyone.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 14th, 2018

So I just saw the Nerd^3's video on Just Cause 4.... Damn it I want it now...damn it Not having a job.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Jun 14th, 2018

Damn I didn't even know they were releasing another Just Cause.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Hotspot - Jun 14th, 2018

I feel like it's important to listen to Tina Turner sometimes. I just find this to be a feel good song. 

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jun 14th, 2018

(Jun 13th, 2018, 07:54 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
But I was doing total number of, not per sq. mile, which I feel is a better indicator. I assume if waterspouts (proper tornadic water spouts*, where the tornado just was over water and never hit land)were included in the tornado count Florida would win flat out.

Actually, I checked that same article, and it says Oklahoma wins on strong tornadoes per unit area, and EF 0 tornadoes aren't waterspouts. Tornadoes are defined by their potential damage-causing capability, not their point of origin, so EF 0 tornadoes are really really weak. It's just that an absolute crapton happen to spawn right over the middle of Florida.

Oh, Sony Vegas. Taking 50 minutes to render 30 minutes of video. If you weren't bought in a bundle of other crap for about 20 bucks, I wouldn't use you. Then again, I don't think there's anything that'll take the garbage file sizes that I'm using HAHA!

(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:52 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Jun 13th, 2018, 07:54 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Actually, I checked that same article, and it says Oklahoma wins on strong tornadoes per unit area, and EF 0 tornadoes aren't waterspouts. Tornadoes are defined by their potential damage-causing capability, not their point of origin, so EF 0 tornadoes are really really weak. It's just that an absolute crapton happen to spawn right over the middle of Florida.

1) The EF Scale is not on "potential damage-causing" its actual damage causing, if it was potential El Reno 2013 would have been an EF-5 as a DOW unit capture wind speeds that were in excess of 295 mph, but the damage created was only equal to an EF3. There was a shit storm over this in the weather community because before El Reno the EF scale was touted as a more empirical scale that took wind speed in to account and the types of trees and buildings in that area. Before it a tornado took out a town it would have been rated F5 due to complete destruction, even if the town was a shanty town of poorly constructed buildings, where the same tornado may have been an EF3 in a town that was mostly concrete buildings. But then with El Reno you had a ground level radar unit measuring ground speeds of a tornado, one that would empirically be rated EF5 due to its wind speeds (note the research group that did this often is contracted by the NWS), and the NWS going "naaahhh lets use less empirical damage"

2) Water spouts (of tornadic origin) are not classified as tornadoes if they do not hit land (I disagree with this, but that is how it is). Waterspouts can be created by different things which is why I included the qualifier "Tornadic origin". As soon as a Tornado hits water it is a waterspout too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout#tornadic

2.5) Non-Tornadic water spouts also tend to at most reach EF0 in terms of strength, again why I used the "tornadic origin" thing.

(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:32 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I feel like it's important to listen to Tina Turner sometimes. I just find this to be a feel good song. 

that....that...hair...Good lord what type of drugs were people on in the 80s?!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - King Atem - Jun 14th, 2018

pm Wrote:
that....that...hair...Good lord what type of drugs were people on in the 80s?!
All of them I imagine. xD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 14th, 2018

I don't think they were on any drugs in the 80's. Rather, they were still recovering from all of the drug use in the 70's. :^)

(Jun 14th, 2018, 04:09 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't think they were on any drugs in the 80's. Rather, they were still recovering from all of the drug use in the 70's. :^)

Actually, the 80s were just the 60s but with harder drugs. (70s was mostly pot, 60s was psychotics, and 80s were:
(Volume WARNING) https://puu.sh/rUYXN/b4e47f1e8e.mp3 )

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 14th, 2018

And this is why no one can make jokes in this topic any more.

(Jun 14th, 2018, 06:39 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
And this is why no one can make jokes in this topic any more.

I was responding to your jest in jest! That was the whole point of me linking the audio file Sad