Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 3rd, 2018

(former?) IT Guy here: Printers are evil.

As far as using colored ink when printing in black and white, printers will use a small amount of color ink so the ink doesnt try up in the hole, or something like that.

Also most printer makers sell printers at a loss [even if they are cheap POSes] and over charge on ink to make vast profits.

Heck with HP printers they have an "experation date" even if never used and if you don't use actual HP cartridges it will brick the printer (<_<) HP also now "Region locks" them too. Its Fucking bullshit.

Reminds me of the old copy pasta:
Quote:Computer:Monitor, display this document, ok?

Monitor: No prob, boss.

Computer: OK, now it looks like Mouse is moving around so, Monitor, will you move the pointer icon accordingly?

Monitor: Anything you ask, boss.

Computer: Great, great. OK, Mouse, where are you going now?

Mouse: Over to the icon panel, sir.

Computer: Hmm, Let me know if he clicks anything, OK?

Mouse: Of course.

Keyboard: Sir, he's pressed control and P simultaneously.

Monitor: Oh God, here we go.

Computer: i>sighs Printer, are you there?

Printer: No.

Computer: Please, Printer. I know you're there.

Printer: NO! I'm not here! Leave me alone!

Computer: Jesus. OK look, you really ne…

Mouse: Sir, he's clicked on the printer icon.

Computer: Printer, now you have to print it twice.

Printer: NO! NO! NO! I don't want to! I hate you! I hate printing! I'm turning off!

Computer: Printer, you know you can't turn yourself off. Just print the document twice and we'll leave you alone.

Printer: NO! That's what you always say! I hate you! I'm out of ink!

Computer: You're not out of in…

Printer: I'M OUT OF INK!

Computer: span style="font-style: italic;">Sighs Monitor, please show a low ink level alert.

Monitor: But sir, he has plen…

Computer: Just do it, damn it!

Monitor: Yes sir.

Keyboard: AHHH! He's hitting me!

Computer: Stay calm, he'll stop soon. Stay calm, old friend.

Keyboard: He's pressing everything. Oh god, I don't know, he's just pressing everything!

Computer: PRINTER! Are you happy now?! Do you see what you've done?!

Printer: HA! that's what you get for trying to get me to do work. Next time he…hey…HEY! He's trying to open me! HELP! HELP! Oh my god! He's torn out my cartridge! HELP! Please! ERROR!

Monitor: Sir, maybe we should help him?

Computer: No. He did this to himself.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Sep 3rd, 2018

Yeah, the laptop caught my attention for a second, but I'm glad I decided to resist the urge to buy it. I am very much happy with this one.

I dunno what ya'll are talking about with printer problems. I've never had any of the problems I see people complaining about all of the time. Maybe printers just like me.

So, August 31st was of course Miku's birthday, and Goodsmile finally put up some of the figurines they had announced at WonFest in celebration of it. Most notably, the absolutely gorgeous Hatsune Miku Wedding Dress version. I've been waiting for this beauty to go up for pre-order since it was first revealed. :3 

The 1/7 scale Magical Mirai 2018 ver. figurine also went up for pre-order. Goodsmile also made another amazing announcement this past week. At long last, just when people were beginning to think it would never happen... Nendoroid Satania is finally here!!!!! I've been waiting forever for them to finally make any Satania figurine. Hopefully the Nendo is just the beginning, and we'll be getting some scale figurines of her in the future as well.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 3rd, 2018

.... Miku is 16 FFS, way to be creepy with the wedding dress.

(the company in case any one got confused)

After all "She's just 16 years old, leave her alone..."

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 6th, 2018

And ZB is offically dead as far as I think, support was converted to TapAShit.

Nicolas made a statement in one of the topics we are not providing any more support and to take it up with Tapatalk from how I read it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 6th, 2018

I just saw it was converted. I'll continue to check in for the last drops of drama but otherwise it's Tapatalk's dumpster fire to play with now.

Apparently Brandon was moved to the regular members group?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 6th, 2018

Ah, so it's happening and Brandon hasn't got a special position? Eh. Well.

Yeesh, thanks a lot Earth's movement. Horrible natural disaster in Hokkaido. Also the cause of delaying a Nintendo Direct I didn't know of just till now. Hope those affected have found some kind of shelter or safety.

(Sep 6th, 2018, 02:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I just saw it was converted. I'll continue to check in for the last drops of drama but otherwise it's Tapatalk's dumpster fire to play with now.

Apparently Brandon was moved to the regular members group?

He is back as admin, I think he placed himself in there for some reason.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Sep 6th, 2018

(Sep 6th, 2018, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeesh, thanks a lot Earth's movement. Horrible natural disaster in Hokkaido. Also the cause of delaying a Nintendo Direct I didn't know of just till now. Hope those affected have found some kind of shelter or safety.

The sad thing about this is the amount of people who are pissed off that they delayed it because "muh Smash news!" God forbid you have to wait a little while longer to get your fucking video game news in order for Nintendo to respect the dead and injured from today's Earthquake.

(Sep 6th, 2018, 06:57 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Sep 6th, 2018, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The sad thing about this is the amount of people who are pissed off that they delayed it because "muh Smash news!" God forbid you have to wait a little while longer to get your fucking video game news in order for Nintendo to respect the dead and injured from today's Earthquake.

You do realize there are people who are pissed when "Muh shows" get interrupted because there is a tornado warning issued, or other "OH SHIT YOU'RE GOING DO DIE" events happen.

Its sad and annoying at the same time, and I used to know some one like that....*sighs*

But there can be some hypocritical actions calimed in what Nintendo did, As Japan also was hit by Typhoon Jebi (I can't tell you how many times I kept on hitting "d") on Sept 4 (Japan local time). Typhoon that deviated a region and the strongest to hit in 25 years (and thus so far killed more people then the earthquake) ..... ehhhhh we'll go on!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 6th, 2018

For a typhoon supposedly so bad, I had never heard of it until people mentioned it alongside the earthquake news. I hadn't even seen it coming up on the news on TV. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 7th, 2018

(Sep 6th, 2018, 11:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:
For a typhoon supposedly so bad, I had never heard of it until people mentioned it alongside the earthquake news. I hadn't even seen it coming up on the news on TV. Errm

Because around the same time, your state was getting hit by Tropical Storm Gordon.

US local news > World News thus goes the news cycle.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 7th, 2018

Good point. And to be fair local weather problems should take priority over the rest so that people in the affected area can remain informed. Although I still didn't manage to see anything about it on Twitter or Reddit.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 7th, 2018

(Sep 7th, 2018, 12:48 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Good point. And to be fair local weather problems should take priority over the rest so that people in the affected area can remain informed. Although I still didn't manage to see anything about it on Twitter or Reddit.

Twitter is mostly anglo-sphere / countries that use the Latin alphabet it seems (I.e. Europe, NA, SA).

Reddit is the same although the hurricane/typhoon sub /r/tropicalweahter was talking about it, it still got a bit muffled because of Gordon.

Hell right now we have a cat 3 hurricane in the Pacific ocean that according to (one) model will hit the big island of Hawaii (as a T.S.) or maybe come close to hitting the Big Island and the one next to it as a Cat. 1. But there seems to be no real news about that either.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Sep 8th, 2018

Well, found another treasure in Walmart today. Did my usual run through the poster display and found myself another wonderful Miku poster. I was surprised the first time I found a Miku poster at Walmart, but to find a second one there today was awesome. Hopefully we'll start to see a lot more types of Miku merchandise being sold in stores over here. :3

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 8th, 2018

TIL walmart sells poasters