Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 19th, 2018

Yeah, that was a hell of a day.

Btw, I do wanna mention that the people in the holding area (before they could officially admit me to the psych ward) were really mean! After I got my actual room, things evolved into just boring.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 19th, 2018

This is how I picture any of those situations:

Credit to the cricket for finding the clip.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Sep 19th, 2018

I don't eat fast food often, but for those of you who do .. Taco Bell just brought back the Beefy Crunch Frito Burrito.  ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Sep 19th, 2018

"A riot shield? For little ol' me? Aw, you shouldn't have."

@Maniak: As much as that bad day and week went, is that a detail you look back at and laugh at at least? XD

I have yet to eat any kind of burrito. Only Wraps really. Similar, but not the proper thing.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 19th, 2018

I do laugh at it, but only because I completely neglected to mention such a significant detail. It's one thing that I got put in handcuffs; the fact that I upset the cops to the point that they thought they needed a goddamn bulletproof shield is a whole 'nother thing.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Sep 19th, 2018

(Sep 19th, 2018, 07:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

@Maniak: As much as that bad day and week went, is that a detail you look back at and laugh at at least? XD

I have yet to eat any kind of burrito. Only Wraps really. Similar, but not the proper thing.

Never had a authentic burrito of any kind?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 19th, 2018

(Sep 19th, 2018, 09:52 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Sep 19th, 2018, 07:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Never had a authentic burrito of any kind?

<insert joke about British "food" here>

But really considering even in Michigan, its hard to get actual Mexican food (sans at lease the Mexican Town area in Detroit). It would not surprise me its extremely hard to across the pond.

Besides they have curry Whistle

But speaking of Burrito's the sushi kiosk at one of my local grocery stores is now doing Sushi burritos.... o_O

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Sep 20th, 2018

That would explain that, haha. I live in Florida but never really thought about not getting burritos elsewhere.
A sushi/thai place I goto here, makes sushi burritos. They are fantastic.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - fantanoice - Sep 20th, 2018

Yarg I can't stand burritos. Who the hell puts rice in a wrap? You're putting plain in plain. Sometimes you get polenta is well which is another awful-tasting version of plain. End them and have tacos or nachos instead.

Also that sounds intense, Maniak. Are you doing better now? I had to Google riot shield and now I know the name of those rectangle shields. ROFL

In other news, I got my license. ^_^ I can finally stop being the weird friend who doesn't drive well into her 20s. Also I stopped being a whiney baby and sent the email to my old boss to maybe get my job back. Fingers crossed for that I guess.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 20th, 2018

(Sep 20th, 2018, 02:31 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
Yarg I can't stand burritos. Who the hell puts rice in a wrap? You're putting plain in plain. Sometimes you get polenta is well which is another awful-tasting version of plain. End them and have tacos or nachos instead.

Also that sounds intense, Maniak. Are you doing better now? I had to Google riot shield and now I know the name of those rectangle shields. ROFL

In other news, I got my license. ^_^ I can finally stop being the weird friend who doesn't drive well into her 20s. Also I stopped being a whiney baby and sent the email to my old boss to maybe get my job back. Fingers crossed for that I guess.

The trick is to flavor the rice, like say using some Cilantro-Lime Rice Wink
I have never seen polenta on a burrito, looking it up, seems to be some what like what you would use for a tamale (but different).

Good luck with trying to get your old job back.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Sep 20th, 2018

Hey if it makes you feel any better I'm still that weird friend.   ROFL

Mainly because my attempts at driving are kinda sporadic so it either I have to be in the mood to keep pushing myself to practice everyday...and then I gotta schedule my test appointment. Which is a pain in the butt. v.v

They only do it like Tuesday and Thursday here and it can't rain and of course the twos day I'm at college.  ROFL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Sep 20th, 2018

Doing okay, I guess. I'm still existentially frustrated, but that's merely because I'm stuck living with my parents and -- NO! No; I'm not gonna be stuck here the next week writing and erasing my explanation. I'll just say that it's a long, frustrating tale, and not try to spend 5 hours on it all, trying to justify myself when it's not gonna bloody f***ing work.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Sep 20th, 2018

(Sep 20th, 2018, 09:29 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Doing okay, I guess. I'm still existentially frustrated, but that's merely because I'm stuck living with my parents and -- NO! No; I'm not gonna be stuck here the next week writing and erasing my explanation. I'll just say that it's a long, frustrating tale, and not try to spend 5 hours on it all, trying to justify myself when it's not gonna bloody f***ing work.

I feel at lease some of your pain with the parents thing. Yay shitty economy thats been fucking over late GenX and beyond!

Also if you ever need to or want to talk/rant what ever feel free to PM me.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Sep 21st, 2018

(Sep 17th, 2018, 07:14 PM)Yuri Wrote:
PS: Please save me I have to take public speaking and I am bad at public speaking!
I have public speaking classes currently, personally I enjoy them. My teacher advised those who struggle to just repeat their speech aloud at least three times from memory. Also, never write a speech word for word and try to remember it. That will not end well. At best try to fully compose an introduction and a conclusion, and the parts between just utilise bullet points to know what to cover but try to do it as if you were bringing them up in conversation. Makes it easier than trying to remember the entire thing word for word and getting stuck if you forget the exact wording you wrote down. Wink

(Sep 18th, 2018, 08:55 PM)Relic Wrote:
Afternoon folks, haven't been on here in awhile. Smile
Nice to see you back Relic! Been up to anything interesting in your absence?

@Maniak: I fail to see why a riot shield was brought in. I made it very clear on the phone that you had no access to weapons or had malicious intent towards others. Just that you hadn't been heard from and that those concerned just wanted someone to check what was going on. Anyone would think I tried swatting you judging from how the police reacted. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Relic - Sep 21st, 2018

Nothing crazy, just living life I suppose. A couple of work trips across the country.