Universal Gaming
Octopath Traveler - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Octopath Traveler (/showthread.php?tid=32)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Octopath Traveler - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2018

(Aug 11th, 2018, 10:03 AM)King Atem Wrote:
And here I am on Therion's chapter 3... Woman you are way to far ahead of me. How many endings have you seen besides Primrose's since I'm sure you've been playing even after the above post.
Lets see.. I've beaten chapter 4 for: Tressa, & H'aanit respectively. You get end art for everyone who's ending you beat.

(Aug 11th, 2018, 06:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How many characters can you have in battle? Was curious seeing Queen's earlier post about not using Therion in battle. Just to say, I didn't expect all of them before reading that. XD

So to keep conversation going, how often do you guys swap out/change your line up for fights?
4 charters max in battle.

Like Yami I'll swap out when I'm on a character's story. I'm going to have to lvl up Therion something fierce to get to his ending thou. Meh

RE: Octopath Traveler - King Atem - Aug 12th, 2018

(Aug 12th, 2018, 12:19 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm going to have to lvl up Therion something fierce to get to his ending thou. Meh
Why's that? Are you stuck on a boss or something?

RE: Octopath Traveler - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2018

Just to get an idea, what level were you at when you finished Chapter 4?

RE: Octopath Traveler - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2018

(Aug 12th, 2018, 02:33 AM)King Atem Wrote:
(Aug 12th, 2018, 12:19 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm going to have to lvl up Therion something fierce to get to his ending thou. Meh
Why's that? Are you stuck on a boss or something?
Well the higher his lvl the easier it is for him to steal. I need to get above 8% for stealing stuff, in order to get further in his story.

(Aug 12th, 2018, 03:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Just to get an idea, what level were you at when you finished Chapter 4?
For Primrose everyone was at lvl 48. For Tressa & I had the rest of the group at lvl 49. I also equipped Tressa & H'annit with a HP & SP restoring bangle (I forget their names) when one of them were on my party. The equipped items helped a lot.

RE: Octopath Traveler - King Atem - Aug 14th, 2018

@queen: Have you tried taking on Ophilia's chapter 4 boss on yet? I did first time & it wasn't pretty. D:

RE: Octopath Traveler - queenzelda - Aug 14th, 2018

(Aug 14th, 2018, 08:57 PM)King Atem Wrote:
@queen: Have you tried taking on Ophilia's chapter 4 boss on yet? I did first time & it wasn't pretty. D:
Yup. I'm telling you now, it's just as hard to defeat Cyrus's chapter 4 boss as well. D:

I'm on Olberic's chapter 4 atmo. ;3

RE: Octopath Traveler - Chloe - Aug 16th, 2018

Wow, I'm barely on Teressa's chapter 2 atmo. I've just been focusing on her story & when I beat her story then I'll do everyone else's one at a time. I'll probably go through Ophilia's story when I finish with Teressa's. :]

RE: Octopath Traveler - Moonface - Aug 17th, 2018

(Aug 16th, 2018, 08:00 PM)chloe Wrote:
Wow, I'm barely on Teressa's chapter 2 atmo. I've just been focusin gon her story & when I beat her story then I'll do everyone else's one at a time. I'll probably go through Ophilia's story when I finish with Teressa's. :]
That was my initial approach to the game, where I'd focus on one characters story at a time and finish it entirely before doing the next. Only problem with that is there's probably going to be very little to break up the level grind to do the next chapter for your first character, and then everyone else's stories are going to likely end up being very easy because you'll be doing their second, third, and fourth chapters with a party most likely tailored to defeating a fourth chapter due to having done so for Tressa's story.

By all means go for it, but I think it might make the game a drag at first and then an unchallenging breeze for the remaining bulk of it.

RE: Octopath Traveler - Moonface - Sep 1st, 2018

Started playing this again recently and beat Chapter 2 for both Haanit and Ophelia. Just need to do Olberic and Alfyn and then I'm going to start on everyone's third chapters.

I also think that Ophelia, Cyrus, Therion and Olberic are the best four to always have make up your party. Alfyn, Tressa and Primrose feel way too useless most of the time. Haanit is OK but I prefer Olberic over her.

RE: Octopath Traveler - queenzelda - Sep 1st, 2018

Personally, I like Alfyn, Primrose, Olberic & Ophilia myself. The others feel more useless to me, but my guess it's who you get first that will be better suited in battle.

I enjoy Cyrus because he has many elemental attacks and can help you detect weaknesses without trial and error, which makes it easier for me to plan a strategy early on.

Primrose I'd like more if her dark elemental attacks were stronger. More often than not the damage she can do is barely helpful compared to other characters.

RE: Octopath Traveler - queenzelda - Sep 1st, 2018

You know that you can turn her into a mage, besides being a dancer once you get that job. Cause she can do the same thing, same as Cyrus. Besides, the only Cyrus I've ever liked is the one in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Tongue

Good point. I don't have all the jobs yet though so I can't do that. As base characters though I still like the four I mentioned most.

RE: Octopath Traveler - Chloe - Sep 2nd, 2018

My favorites are Teressa, Opheilia, Cyrus & Olberic.

RE: Octopath Traveler - Moonface - Sep 24th, 2018

Finished Chapter 4 for Ophilia last night, and just need to do the last chapters for everyone else.