Universal Gaming
E3 2018 - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: E3 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=4)

Pages: 1 2

E3 2018 - Moonface - Jun 6th, 2018

E3 2018
JUNE 9TH — JUNE 11TH

Conference Schedule:

EAJune 9th | 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET / 7:00pm BST
MicrosoftJune 10th | 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET / 9:00pm BST
BethesdaJune 10th | 6:30pm PT / 9:30pm ET / 2:30am BST
Devolver DigitalJune 10th | 8:00pm PT / 11:00pm ET / 4:00am BST
Square EnixJune 11th | 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET / 6:00pm BST
UbisoftJune 11th | 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET / 9:00pm BST
PC Gaming ShowJune 11th | 3:00pm PT / 6:00pm PT / 11:00pm BST
SonyJune 11th | 6:00pm PT / 9:00pm ET / 2:00am BST
NintendoJune 12th | 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET / 5:00pm BST

It's not long until E3, so what is everyone looking forward to seeing during the event?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Sony and Nintendo have to show, although I'm cautious with the former because of how they seem focused on only four games more than the rest and whether their conference is going to feel dragged out by keeping those games on stage too long.

RE: E3 2018 - Karo - Jun 7th, 2018

So I'm kinda surprised nobody has posted in this, yet with it being so close.

This E3 my eyes are mostly going to be on Nintendo in hopes for some franchises I love to get more info on.

Confirmed games I'm hoping for more info on it:
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Dragon Age
  • Fire Emblem 
  • SMT V
  • Pokemon 2019
Games I'm hoping to be announced
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • Pikimin 4

That all I can think of so far.

RE: E3 2018 - aerodynamik - Jun 7th, 2018

Ooh, didn't realize it's only two days left. Looking forward to a few games. Grin

RE: E3 2018 - Dragon Lord - Jun 7th, 2018

I'm slightly excited for E3 now that the reports of the Tales of Vesperia Remaster have come about. Now if only Square Enix would announce a NieR Remaster with a revamped combat system done by Platinum Games (like in Automata), then I would be 110% happy with E3 just from those two announcements.

RE: E3 2018 - Moonface - Jun 7th, 2018

I'd love it if that rumoured Luigi's Mansion world DLC for Super Mario Odyssey turned out to be real and got announced at E3.

I'm also super jealous that attendees at E3 will get to play some levels from the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. >.<

RE: E3 2018 - queenzelda - Jun 8th, 2018

I'm looking forward to seeing SquareEnix's E3, Nintendo's Direct, & Sony's E3. The other guys tend to be boring events otherwise for me. So depending on my mood I might skip some of them & only skim through the games announced to see if anything looks interesting.

Also, this year seems to be slim pickings. I'm so used to it being a week full of games, games, games so I'm a bit disappointed that 2018's E3 is getting cut back. Eh

RE: E3 2018 - Relic - Jun 9th, 2018

Quite a few games I'm interested in, Last of Us 2, Twin Mirror, Cyberpunk as well as some others. But I'm hoping I see some news about Gears of War 5.

RE: E3 2018 - Moonface - Jun 9th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 03:02 PM)Relic Wrote:
Quite a few games I'm interested in, Last of Us 2, Twin Mirror, Cyberpunk as well as some others. But I'm hoping I see some news about Gears of War 5.
I think Microsoft need to come out with some big titles to make up for Crackdown 3 being delayed again. Gears 5 may do that but I think they need to show some new IP that also turn out to live up to expectations. I can't think of any new IP Microsoft have made for the XBO that haven't received a mixed reception.

EA's starting in a few minutes. Is anyone going to watch it? I'm watching it just because why not. Just debating whether it'll be worth doing a wrap up thread for it or if no one is going to really care to see what EA had to show apart from like one or two things. XD

RE: E3 2018 - Karo - Jun 9th, 2018

(Jun 9th, 2018, 06:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
EA's starting in a few minutes. Is anyone going to watch it? I'm watching it just because why not. Just debating whether it'll be worth doing a wrap up thread for it or if no one is going to really care to see what EA had to show apart from like one or two things. XD

I'll probably watch it later. I'm hoping for maybe some Sims 5 news or maybe Dragon Age news. Anything else I probably won't care for. Eh

So far it's just been a little Battlefield V (barely any gameplay) and then we've gone to FIFA right now. The crowd seems pretty dead in this conference so far too. XD

Even the E3 crowd is sick of EA's games. Eh

To be fair, it's hard to get excited for any game when it's a yearly franchise and you know what most of the game will have because they're just adding a few new bits to how it plays. FIFA is always going to be FIFA, there's not much to expect out of it. XD

RE: E3 2018 - ShiraNoMai - Jun 9th, 2018

Yeah that was a pretty... lackluster show, to put it lightly. I did enjoy a lot of the panicked backpedaling they had to enforce throughout the conference of their awareness of their past mistakes with lootboxes and whatnot. It was unnerving to watch a lot of those poor unspoken devs come out and talk about their games, too, again.

Thing I'm most interested in learning more about after that conference is Sea of Solitude. Reminded me a bit of the isolation felt in Rime, but probably a better game? They didn't show too much gameplay (or, well, what it entailed), so I'm not sure what to make of it other than it looks neat.

Overwatch popularized the shitty trend into modern gaming. EA took it and burned themselves and everyone around them.

I'm sorry, but EA is still dead to me.

[Image: b56IJVM.jpg]

RE: E3 2018 - Moonface - Jun 10th, 2018

My issue with EA's conference was that for the most part, it didn't need to happen. Battlefield V and Anthem could both be part of Microsoft's conference. FIFA and Madden could both also have just been slotted into a sizzle reel of another conference as one of those quick things you belt out and move on from. There just wasn't enough announced that felt like it needed to have an EA conference to be shown off. Errm