Universal Gaming
General Game Chat - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: General Game Chat (/showthread.php?tid=786)

RE: General Game Chat - Maniakkid25 - Sep 18th, 2019

Oh, yeah, there was that, too. Because they were holding my account to ransom, I couldn't buy any other subscriptions to replace it without renewing Game Pass Ultimate (which is Xbox Live and Game Pass combined, btw). This is in spite of the fact that this is my birthday month, so there's a deal for 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for $9.99 happening that now I can't buy because I already have a subscription to Game Pass Ultimate! THIS! IS! BULLS***!

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Sep 18th, 2019

Regardless of how much of a combo GPU is, I still see no valid reason to lock you from buying Xbox Live because your GPU sub expired. I wonder how many people know that happens since I feel it would've had a decent outcry if it was well documented. Errm

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 22nd, 2019

I don't know if anyone else has seen or heard anything about the release of WWE 2K20, but holy hell what a disaster it is. Virtually looks like a PS2 game and I'm amazed the thing even runs at all.

Better yet, the $120 special editions are being shipped with unsigned cards in enough quantities that the WWE superstars that signed the cards are questioning what the fuck happened.

RE: General Game Chat - queenzelda - Oct 22nd, 2019

Yea, RGT 85 has been talking about how awful WWE 2K20 looks. I hadn't heard about the cards with missing WWE star's signatures on it though. Impo; it sounds to me like some one got a little too greedy & they probably kept all of them.

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 23rd, 2019

Whatever the reason is, WWE isn't going to take too kindly to having their superstars take time to sign cards for them to not be given out. I heard about it through Edge's Twitter account, one of the superstars who had signed cards, and he said he was willing to replace them for people missing them. Good on him, but it should absolutely not be his responsibility to fix 2K's mess.

I honestly feel like this year has had more notable AAA disappointments and/or screw ups than any other. Anthem. WWE 2K20. Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Left Alive. Jump Force. Probably some others I can't think of too. Just seems dropping the ball is getting more common, but it may also just be I've noticed them more this year than prior ones.

RE: General Game Chat - queenzelda - Oct 23rd, 2019

Heh, you forgot the failure that was Fallout 76. It's had so many issues, including the Gamestop recall of thier helms.

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 23rd, 2019

I didn't forget it, it's just that Fallout 76 released in November 2018 and I was only focusing on 2019 titles. Wink

RE: General Game Chat - queenzelda - Oct 23rd, 2019

Idk, with so much bad press it's getting every so often... It's hard to recall just when the whole thing started. From my following Jim Stearling on twitter; came to find out that even more bad news is a brewin. Hehe, here it is. Hahaha, omg this is going to be interesting. lmao

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 24th, 2019

If the concept alone didn't already sound bullshit, Fallout 76's private servers are not even private. You can not lock them, meaning anyone can join you if they find your profile. Also, the worlds are not fresh, with clear evidence of looting having already taken place and NPC's being dead. Also, scrap in scrap storage boxes is just being deleted too.

Bethesda should just give up with trying to get revenue out of F76. The amount of brand damage they've done and are continuing to do is not worth whatever change they scratch together by anyone moronic enough to pay for this subscription service long-term. I expect most sales they got from it were people wanting to see what it was like by buying a month subscription just so there could be actual reports on it. And hilariously those reports have nothing good to say.

RE: General Game Chat - queenzelda - Oct 25th, 2019

Ubisoft seems to be having a bad time of it; hehehe.

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 28th, 2019

It doesn't surprise me. The same happened when they got carried away with Assassin's Creed; reception dipped, they had to step back and realised they need to take their time, did so, and released a better AC game later on. The bright side is Ubisoft will admit to making mistakes and actually take the steps to improve, unlike other big AAA publishers such as EA, 2K, or Activision.

RE: General Game Chat - queenzelda - Oct 28th, 2019

Maybe Gamefreak should do the same with Pokemon Swd & Shld? A lot of fans have said they'd be willing to wait for a full dex even if it takes a long time to get the full experience. Personally; I've never caught them all so I don't really understand why ppls are so upset over not being able to 'catch them all'. *rolls eyes*

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 29th, 2019

I don't think people are so much bothered that every Pokemon isn't in but rather upset that their personal favourites won't be able to go into the game even via a transfer. If I'd been bringing certain Pokemon with me for the last few games and now couldn't I would be bummed about it. Catching them all is redundant because without transferring you won't find all 800+ Pokemon in the game in the wild, and you could still claim to have them all if you just catch everything in Sw/Sh and combine it with what you already had from the previous games. Besides having them all in the same game there really isn't any difference and it's a pointless argument to make.

RE: General Game Chat - King Atem - Oct 31st, 2019

Just found out that Sony is ditching the Playstation Vue; https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/29/sony-interactive-entertainment-to-shut-down-playstation-vue/

It's kind of sad impo. But, good to know they're going to be focusing more on games instead of entertainment.

RE: General Game Chat - Moonface - Oct 31st, 2019

I don't know anyone who used Vue, and Sony rarely made an attempt to promote it. Having a focus on entertainment wouldn't be a problem if Sony were actually making money from Vue, which it has never done since its inception.