Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Simple.

What are your favorite quotes?

"Oh! You got hella shot!" - Ross Scott, Ross's Game Dungeon: Life is Strange DEMO.

"I love playing as discount Ellie" - Controller Rollers: Beyond Two Souls.

"Falling down is not an embarrassment, true embarrassment is not standing up after such a fall" - Shintaro Midoriya (Kuroko no Basuke).

"Lawyers have weeks to go over decisions we have seconds to make - I know this one is by a cop, I just couldn't find it the actual source.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Simple.

What are your favorite quotes?

"Oh! You got hella shot!" - Ross Scott, Ross's Game Dungeon: Life is Strange DEMO.

"I love playing as discount Ellie" - Controller Rollers: Beyond Two Souls.

"Falling down is not an embarrassment, true embarrassment is not standing up after such a fall" - Shintaro Midoriya (Kuroko no Basuke).

"Lawyers have weeks to go over decisions we have seconds to make - I know this one is by a cop, I just couldn't find it the actual source.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” - Shigeru Miyamoto

Uncharted 1:
Sully: "I'm sweatin' like a hooker in church."
Drake: "...You brought a hooker to church?"

Uncharted 2:
Flynn "There's a guy above you, guy above you."
*you pull the guard off the edge of the building*
Flynn: "There's a guy below you, guy below you."

''We don’t get to pick our start in this life. Real greatness is what you do with the hand you’re dealt.'' - Sully, Uncharted

Not a favourite, but I came across this when looking for quotes and it deserves a mention:

"I WILL KILL YOUR DICKS!" - Trishka Novak, Bulletstorm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” - Shigeru Miyamoto

Uncharted 1:
Sully: "I'm sweatin' like a hooker in church."
Drake: "...You brought a hooker to church?"

Uncharted 2:
Flynn "There's a guy above you, guy above you."
*you pull the guard off the edge of the building*
Flynn: "There's a guy below you, guy below you."

''We don’t get to pick our start in this life. Real greatness is what you do with the hand you’re dealt.'' - Sully, Uncharted

Not a favourite, but I came across this when looking for quotes and it deserves a mention:

"I WILL KILL YOUR DICKS!" - Trishka Novak, Bulletstorm
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

...and then Duke Nukem Forever was released....
Reminds me of something one of my Poli Sci professors once said:
"Political Science is a soft science because it deals with humans, humans are unpredictable even if you established a behavior, you have all your research done on a political system of a county, you have been able to explain what things happen in that political system, and you just finished your thesis, then boom Hitler happens. Fucking all your work up".

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 

Reminds me of something one of my Poli Sci professors once said:
"Political Science is a soft science because it deals with humans, humans are unpredictable even if you established a behavior, you have all your research done on a political system of a county, you have been able to explain what things happen in that political system, and you just finished your thesis, then boom Hitler happens. Fucking all your work up".
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2018, 06:32 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Well, there is a limit. Plus, delayed or not it would've been a bad game anyway. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, there is a limit. Plus, delayed or not it would've been a bad game anyway. Whistle
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 18th, 2018, 06:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The game took 12 years (or longer I forget off hand) to release party because of all the engine changes that were made (then other bullcrap). If the game released around 2001/2002 (and assuming the game was finished properly) the general condescension from duke fans is that it would of been a whole lot better. Look at the 2001 E3 trailer.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 18th, 2018, 06:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The game took 12 years (or longer I forget off hand) to release party because of all the engine changes that were made (then other bullcrap). If the game released around 2001/2002 (and assuming the game was finished properly) the general condescension from duke fans is that it would of been a whole lot better. Look at the 2001 E3 trailer.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
One of my favorite gaming quotes comes from a victory line from Albel in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

"It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great."
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
One of my favorite gaming quotes comes from a victory line from Albel in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

"It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great."
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, them Uncharted quotes. XD 

More Uncharted 2:

Flynn: "Found the ships though, didn't I?"
Nate: "You couldn't find your own ass with both hands."
Sully: "And a map." (Sully's chime in with the insult makes it, after what Flynn said in front of both earlier)

Sully: "Uhh, which way did Chloe go?"
(Nate points in direction)
Sully: "See you later."
Elena: "Uhm." *scoffs*
Nate: "You're a dirty old man, Sullivan!"
Sully: "Uh-huh."

"Serpent's Infernal Rapture!" - Hazama, Blazblue, as he performs one of his Distortion attacks (I like the name of the attack)

"I wasn’t the first to come here. It was a colorful cast already when I arrived. An old man, half-dead by the time I met him. The other half didn’t take long. The other was a woman. Ahh, she’d had been a real gem, save that over-serious nature. By the end, she treated me with the same contempt she would a beast. Had she been freer with her charms around beasts, she might not have wound up serving as their…supper. Still, a shame… It’s simple luck that I’ve survived this long. I’ve no illusions on that count." - Barroch, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow, and began devouring humans, and from the same mouth you devoured humans, you cried out to me, 'I love you!' would I still be able to say 'I love you', the same way I do today?" - Gin Ichimaru, Bleach (as a thought)

"You're the toughest nut I ever cracked, and I've cracked a lot. Hey, you wanna go again? I've got the cutest little death altar all set up..." - Henry, to Sully in their B Support, Fire Emblem Awakening (too many quotes from him I like)

"Don't bother telling me to run again. Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be such a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so so hard you stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be." -Gintoki Sakata, Gintama

"The More Precious the Burden, the Heavier and More Difficult It Is to Shoulder It" - Gintama Chapter and Episode title (Sorachi makes many titles like this, all of them are quotable in some way)

"Using fountain pens is a pain. Drawing backgrounds is a pain, too. Drawing manga really is a pain, seriously. And really, living itself is a pain. I want to become a cheeseburger." - Sorachi Hideaki
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, them Uncharted quotes. XD 

More Uncharted 2:

Flynn: "Found the ships though, didn't I?"
Nate: "You couldn't find your own ass with both hands."
Sully: "And a map." (Sully's chime in with the insult makes it, after what Flynn said in front of both earlier)

Sully: "Uhh, which way did Chloe go?"
(Nate points in direction)
Sully: "See you later."
Elena: "Uhm." *scoffs*
Nate: "You're a dirty old man, Sullivan!"
Sully: "Uh-huh."

"Serpent's Infernal Rapture!" - Hazama, Blazblue, as he performs one of his Distortion attacks (I like the name of the attack)

"I wasn’t the first to come here. It was a colorful cast already when I arrived. An old man, half-dead by the time I met him. The other half didn’t take long. The other was a woman. Ahh, she’d had been a real gem, save that over-serious nature. By the end, she treated me with the same contempt she would a beast. Had she been freer with her charms around beasts, she might not have wound up serving as their…supper. Still, a shame… It’s simple luck that I’ve survived this long. I’ve no illusions on that count." - Barroch, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow, and began devouring humans, and from the same mouth you devoured humans, you cried out to me, 'I love you!' would I still be able to say 'I love you', the same way I do today?" - Gin Ichimaru, Bleach (as a thought)

"You're the toughest nut I ever cracked, and I've cracked a lot. Hey, you wanna go again? I've got the cutest little death altar all set up..." - Henry, to Sully in their B Support, Fire Emblem Awakening (too many quotes from him I like)

"Don't bother telling me to run again. Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be such a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so so hard you stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be." -Gintoki Sakata, Gintama

"The More Precious the Burden, the Heavier and More Difficult It Is to Shoulder It" - Gintama Chapter and Episode title (Sorachi makes many titles like this, all of them are quotable in some way)

"Using fountain pens is a pain. Drawing backgrounds is a pain, too. Drawing manga really is a pain, seriously. And really, living itself is a pain. I want to become a cheeseburger." - Sorachi Hideaki
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I'm really into Darkest Dungeon at the moment, so all of the memorable ones to me are from it.

"Slowly. Gently. This is how a life is taken."

"Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue."

"You cannot learn a thing you think you know."
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I'm really into Darkest Dungeon at the moment, so all of the memorable ones to me are from it.

"Slowly. Gently. This is how a life is taken."

"Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue."

"You cannot learn a thing you think you know."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2018, 12:09 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
This man deserves a raise just for saying that. I want a documentary of this man just so someone can say this quote. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This man deserves a raise just for saying that. I want a documentary of this man just so someone can say this quote. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, he can say quite bizarre things, but not in a bad way of course. I swear there's more, but I can't find anywhere that's compiled them...Ah, wait found something. There's a Twitter account with (kind of rough) translations. Some got featured in the early Gintama anime, like that one above.

"Say 'hello' to my little friend!", - Scarface (even though I haven't properly watched the movie)

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - The Princess Bride

"Zura ja nai, Katsura da!" - Katsura Kotaru, Gintama
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, he can say quite bizarre things, but not in a bad way of course. I swear there's more, but I can't find anywhere that's compiled them...Ah, wait found something. There's a Twitter account with (kind of rough) translations. Some got featured in the early Gintama anime, like that one above.

"Say 'hello' to my little friend!", - Scarface (even though I haven't properly watched the movie)

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - The Princess Bride

"Zura ja nai, Katsura da!" - Katsura Kotaru, Gintama
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 20th, 2018, 10:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

How can you quote The Princess Bride and not include
"Inconceivable!" and "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 20th, 2018, 10:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

How can you quote The Princess Bride and not include
"Inconceivable!" and "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means"
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't feel the need to, and hoped somebody else would come in with either of them. So thank you. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't feel the need to, and hoped somebody else would come in with either of them. So thank you. XD
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 20th, 2018, 10:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well played.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 20th, 2018, 10:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well played.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
"..." - Pokémon Trainer Red Tongue
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
"..." - Pokémon Trainer Red Tongue
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jun 20th, 2018, 03:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

If you like oddball things like that, you should look up a bunch of the interviews with Yoko Taro. That guy is a legend. We don't deserve him.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jun 20th, 2018, 03:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

If you like oddball things like that, you should look up a bunch of the interviews with Yoko Taro. That guy is a legend. We don't deserve him.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Lyrics ShiraNoMai 22 3,823 Feb 24th, 2024, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Favorite Power Ranger? WR91 5 1,135 Jul 11th, 2022, 11:39 PM
  Favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? WR91 3 869 Jul 6th, 2022, 09:42 PM
  Let's enhance our favorite movies! Nightingale 1 2,947 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: WR91