What If All PS4 Games Were Also On PC?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
This thread has aged interestingly given that Horizon Zero Dawn has come to PC, and Days Gone just got announced as coming to PC with more PS4 games still to come.

So far to me it looks like the trend is to release old games on PC that are either getting a sequel or are likely to get one to make more money on old releases and drum up interest in sequels and the console they'll be released onto. I'll be interested to see if anything goes to PC that isn't getting future games on PS5 such as Bloodborne.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
This thread has aged interestingly given that Horizon Zero Dawn has come to PC, and Days Gone just got announced as coming to PC with more PS4 games still to come.

So far to me it looks like the trend is to release old games on PC that are either getting a sequel or are likely to get one to make more money on old releases and drum up interest in sequels and the console they'll be released onto. I'll be interested to see if anything goes to PC that isn't getting future games on PS5 such as Bloodborne.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I really don't care about what PS games will show up on PC, but I'm more hoping that this willingness to dip into the PC market may signal a future in which Sony is okay with cross-progression with PC, so that I could eventually move over to the PC version of Genshin Impact without having to completely start over.

Granted, the PS5 does run Genshin extremely well, and really isn't that far behind PC, but it'd be nice being able to get on PC for this game.

So, hopefully these are the first steps to that eventually becoming a reality. The fact that the upcoming Diablo II remaster is going to be cross-progression across all platforms gives me hope.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I really don't care about what PS games will show up on PC, but I'm more hoping that this willingness to dip into the PC market may signal a future in which Sony is okay with cross-progression with PC, so that I could eventually move over to the PC version of Genshin Impact without having to completely start over.

Granted, the PS5 does run Genshin extremely well, and really isn't that far behind PC, but it'd be nice being able to get on PC for this game.

So, hopefully these are the first steps to that eventually becoming a reality. The fact that the upcoming Diablo II remaster is going to be cross-progression across all platforms gives me hope.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
That and cross-play too where possible. It'd be nice for a game like Genshin to let people play together on different platforms and if cross-progression is present then cross-play should come with it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
That and cross-play too where possible. It'd be nice for a game like Genshin to let people play together on different platforms and if cross-progression is present then cross-play should come with it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can see cross-play between PS4/PS5 and PC Genshin, but I don't know if having cross-play between PC and Mobile Genshin would work out too well. But yeah, I would kill for the ability to hop between PS4/PS5 and PC when I feel like it for Genshin. Though I'm not sure if it'll actually ever happen, since the Mobile and PC versions of the game require you to have a MiHoYo account, while the PlayStation version does not (I think I read that this was the big factor in cross-play/progression being unavailable for the game).

As far as I understand, there is cross-save/progression between Mobile and PC for Genshin, so I guess that would be proof that the whole MiHoYo account thing is what stops it being available for PS > PC, which really sucks. Again though, I've seen comparison videos and the PS5 runs Genshin nearly identical to a good gaming PC, so at least whenever I'm actually able to get my hands on a PS5, I'll have Genshin running really well.

(Sorry for slightly going off-topic with this, this will be the last post on the subject from me, promise.)
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can see cross-play between PS4/PS5 and PC Genshin, but I don't know if having cross-play between PC and Mobile Genshin would work out too well. But yeah, I would kill for the ability to hop between PS4/PS5 and PC when I feel like it for Genshin. Though I'm not sure if it'll actually ever happen, since the Mobile and PC versions of the game require you to have a MiHoYo account, while the PlayStation version does not (I think I read that this was the big factor in cross-play/progression being unavailable for the game).

As far as I understand, there is cross-save/progression between Mobile and PC for Genshin, so I guess that would be proof that the whole MiHoYo account thing is what stops it being available for PS > PC, which really sucks. Again though, I've seen comparison videos and the PS5 runs Genshin nearly identical to a good gaming PC, so at least whenever I'm actually able to get my hands on a PS5, I'll have Genshin running really well.

(Sorry for slightly going off-topic with this, this will be the last post on the subject from me, promise.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just saw an article that mentioned Sony has been removing the "Only on PlayStation" branding from more of their games, with Spider-Man: Miles Morales not having it on there and Ghost of Tsushima's box art was updated recently to remove the branding. Apparently they've stopped doing it on any recent games entirely, but I doubt they intend to bring all of their games to PC; I guess they're just doing it to not restrict their choices of what to port.

I can see GoT being ported at some point, since so far Sony has only ported games that are new IP's and not anything that was already established.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just saw an article that mentioned Sony has been removing the "Only on PlayStation" branding from more of their games, with Spider-Man: Miles Morales not having it on there and Ghost of Tsushima's box art was updated recently to remove the branding. Apparently they've stopped doing it on any recent games entirely, but I doubt they intend to bring all of their games to PC; I guess they're just doing it to not restrict their choices of what to port.

I can see GoT being ported at some point, since so far Sony has only ported games that are new IP's and not anything that was already established.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think I saw the possibility of Uncharted 4 coming to PC as well, from a press slideshow slide I saw a while ago, so that might change it up but who knows.

It'll be an interesting turn to see those without the branding actually turn over onto PC. It'll be the new "timed exclusive" Xbox games would have for software that was like, only a year exclusive ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think I saw the possibility of Uncharted 4 coming to PC as well, from a press slideshow slide I saw a while ago, so that might change it up but who knows.

It'll be an interesting turn to see those without the branding actually turn over onto PC. It'll be the new "timed exclusive" Xbox games would have for software that was like, only a year exclusive ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect in the case of Uncharted 4 it would be because there's likely not going to be another game, and bringing a game from that series to PC is a way to get more money from it since I expect sales for it on console are getting pretty low in number.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect in the case of Uncharted 4 it would be because there's likely not going to be another game, and bringing a game from that series to PC is a way to get more money from it since I expect sales for it on console are getting pretty low in number.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like Sony is going to be making more efforts on porting their games to other platforms, considering they just announced that Nixxes is now part of PlayStation Studio's:

For anyone who doesn't know what this company has done, they mostly work on porting games to other systems and do a very good job at it at that. Considering that both Horizon and Days Gone had issues at launch on PC I wouldn't be surprised that Sony are going to utilize Nixxes to stop that being a problem for future ports.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like Sony is going to be making more efforts on porting their games to other platforms, considering they just announced that Nixxes is now part of PlayStation Studio's:

For anyone who doesn't know what this company has done, they mostly work on porting games to other systems and do a very good job at it at that. Considering that both Horizon and Days Gone had issues at launch on PC I wouldn't be surprised that Sony are going to utilize Nixxes to stop that being a problem for future ports.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox to Bring Games to Other Systems Moonface 9 285 Feb 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Notable Games Will Be Lost With the 3DS/Wii U eShop Closure? Moonface 7 1,110 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:26 PM
  Storing Your Games? Moonface 8 653 Nov 18th, 2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Will Games Go Above $70 Eventually? Moonface 5 1,003 May 6th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games? Moonface 33 9,192 Mar 3rd, 2023, 08:55 PM