LittleBigPlanet (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only downside is the levels that simply don't function in LBP3. I don't know if you recall @ShiraNoMai when I played a level that was pirate themed and it tanked the frame rate down to below 10fps, despite the level being from LBP1 and functioning without that fps drop on a PS3. That's just a testament to the issues that plague LBP3 and now that it's the only way to play online, Sumo should really patch the game up. Apparently the servers were attacked in the first place because the person responsible was upset with how Sony were handling the LBP IP (similar to the attacks happening to Titanfall 2's servers) and although they scored an own goal with the outcome of the servers, I hope that leaving LBP3's issues unresolved doesn't cause further upset that pushes someone to drastic actions again.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only downside is the levels that simply don't function in LBP3. I don't know if you recall @ShiraNoMai when I played a level that was pirate themed and it tanked the frame rate down to below 10fps, despite the level being from LBP1 and functioning without that fps drop on a PS3. That's just a testament to the issues that plague LBP3 and now that it's the only way to play online, Sumo should really patch the game up. Apparently the servers were attacked in the first place because the person responsible was upset with how Sony were handling the LBP IP (similar to the attacks happening to Titanfall 2's servers) and although they scored an own goal with the outcome of the servers, I hope that leaving LBP3's issues unresolved doesn't cause further upset that pushes someone to drastic actions again.
Oblivion Knight Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy VII (Original)
Favourite Platform(s)
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5
XP: 132
I don't know why, but I don't feel I've been able to fully embrace LBP.. I've played it in patches and have quite enjoyed it, but it quickly goes back into the pile and collects dust for another 6 months or so.

Thankfully I'd already got all of the multiplayer trophies done in the first game before the servers went down.. It seems like a bit of a shame that I won't get to experience LBP2 since many feel it's the best one, but I'm also hearing good things about Sackboy so perhaps all is not lost.

..and if that rumour about the servers being attacked as some kind of protest about the handling of the IP is accurate, there's really no hope!
[Image: favicon.ico]
A Resident Evil and survival horror gaming fan community
Oblivion Knight Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy VII (Original)
Favourite Platform(s)
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5
XP: 132
I don't know why, but I don't feel I've been able to fully embrace LBP.. I've played it in patches and have quite enjoyed it, but it quickly goes back into the pile and collects dust for another 6 months or so.

Thankfully I'd already got all of the multiplayer trophies done in the first game before the servers went down.. It seems like a bit of a shame that I won't get to experience LBP2 since many feel it's the best one, but I'm also hearing good things about Sackboy so perhaps all is not lost.

..and if that rumour about the servers being attacked as some kind of protest about the handling of the IP is accurate, there's really no hope!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
LBP2 definitely has the best single player mode, which the servers won't affect except for playing it online with others, but I don't know if you'd even find anyone playing the campaign these days even if the server was up since the game is so old.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is very good and worth checking out if you like platformers. Wink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
LBP2 definitely has the best single player mode, which the servers won't affect except for playing it online with others, but I don't know if you'd even find anyone playing the campaign these days even if the server was up since the game is so old.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is very good and worth checking out if you like platformers. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 24 8,670 4 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,449 Yesterday, 02:25 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,892 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,527 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,755 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM