School
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Feb 4th, 2021, 10:16 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Mr EliteL: Does this bring back any fun memories for you?

[Image: kg8h4jS.png]

Did anyone else ever have to sing songs in school against their will? XD

Uhhhh... I do remember it, but the less said about it, the better Tongue . The songs themselves weren't bad, but we didn't exactly produce the best renditions of them...

I'm glad we didn't have to do that in infant school or secondary school... at least, not very often. It was mostly a junior school thing!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Feb 4th, 2021, 10:16 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Mr EliteL: Does this bring back any fun memories for you?

[Image: kg8h4jS.png]

Did anyone else ever have to sing songs in school against their will? XD

Uhhhh... I do remember it, but the less said about it, the better Tongue . The songs themselves weren't bad, but we didn't exactly produce the best renditions of them...

I'm glad we didn't have to do that in infant school or secondary school... at least, not very often. It was mostly a junior school thing!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Secondary school for me never featured singing. I don't think it would have ever turned out very well given how rambunctious teenagers can be. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Secondary school for me never featured singing. I don't think it would have ever turned out very well given how rambunctious teenagers can be. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Given how many people opted to not even speak the Pledge of Allegiance come high school, barely even holding their hand over their hearts, I doubt you could really enthuse tired and cranky teenagers ROFL

I wonder if they'll ever get rid of that dang pledge requirement some day. Just such a strange thing to implement in a school setting. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Given how many people opted to not even speak the Pledge of Allegiance come high school, barely even holding their hand over their hearts, I doubt you could really enthuse tired and cranky teenagers ROFL

I wonder if they'll ever get rid of that dang pledge requirement some day. Just such a strange thing to implement in a school setting. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
To me the pledge feels like some culty indoctrination thing that is somehow viewed as normal by a lot of American's and yet if a country like North Korea had kids reciting some pledge to their country every weekday morning it would be seen as brainwashing and dangerous. America has a weird fascination with their flag though, so I can't see the pledge being removed from schools. It should be optional without consequences though for people who don't want to recite it. Like if someone was here on a work visa for a job and their kid has to attend school here, why should they have to pledge allegiance to a flag and country that they're not a citizen of? Like imagine if international students in colleges had to recite it before classes. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
To me the pledge feels like some culty indoctrination thing that is somehow viewed as normal by a lot of American's and yet if a country like North Korea had kids reciting some pledge to their country every weekday morning it would be seen as brainwashing and dangerous. America has a weird fascination with their flag though, so I can't see the pledge being removed from schools. It should be optional without consequences though for people who don't want to recite it. Like if someone was here on a work visa for a job and their kid has to attend school here, why should they have to pledge allegiance to a flag and country that they're not a citizen of? Like imagine if international students in colleges had to recite it before classes. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would You Attend a School Reunion? Moonface 9 281 Feb 23rd, 2024, 01:40 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  What Was Your School Mascot? Moonface 3 596 May 23rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface