School
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Whether in it or out of it, we all have a lot of memories and experiences about school, whether it be teachers, lunches, lessons, incidents, trips, events, or anything else you can think of, so let's share 'em! Tongue

I'll kick off with some classic moments from secondary school.
The first one is where a kid got given a detention and taken to the principal's office for yelling "Yabba dabba doo" at a teacher who walked into our history class that looked like Fred Flintstone. I personally feel like the kid shouldn't have been punished for it that harshly, but I guess the teacher didn't have a good sense of humour. XD
Another good one was when the school field had been recently cut and all the grass trimmings had been put into big piles on the field. It was summer though so the grass dried out, and some kid set fire to all of it during lunch one day. I don't know how things panned out but I do remember the teachers running around in a panic in all the smoke that was being made. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Whether in it or out of it, we all have a lot of memories and experiences about school, whether it be teachers, lunches, lessons, incidents, trips, events, or anything else you can think of, so let's share 'em! Tongue

I'll kick off with some classic moments from secondary school.
The first one is where a kid got given a detention and taken to the principal's office for yelling "Yabba dabba doo" at a teacher who walked into our history class that looked like Fred Flintstone. I personally feel like the kid shouldn't have been punished for it that harshly, but I guess the teacher didn't have a good sense of humour. XD
Another good one was when the school field had been recently cut and all the grass trimmings had been put into big piles on the field. It was summer though so the grass dried out, and some kid set fire to all of it during lunch one day. I don't know how things panned out but I do remember the teachers running around in a panic in all the smoke that was being made. ROFL
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
In 6th grade the Vice Principal would play this song over the PA system every Friday instead of having the bell ring at the end of the day...

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
In 6th grade the Vice Principal would play this song over the PA system every Friday instead of having the bell ring at the end of the day...

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
When I was in Elementary School, we went to see Go Kart races. It was pretty mind-blowing for us, seven-year olds Tongue

And also around that time frame, we had "the big war"... just an all-out fight between my class and the seniors that took place in school grounds (!). I think the lyrics from the song "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow describe the situation quite well:

Quote:And then the punches flew!
And chairs were smashed in two!

Tongue

We got massive detentions and I clearly remember and incident in which one of our peers refused to take part on the action after we begging him for help (because we were getting slaughtered out there) Tongue Boy did he end up fighting anyway... just not the enemy.

Man, fun times!
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
When I was in Elementary School, we went to see Go Kart races. It was pretty mind-blowing for us, seven-year olds Tongue

And also around that time frame, we had "the big war"... just an all-out fight between my class and the seniors that took place in school grounds (!). I think the lyrics from the song "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow describe the situation quite well:

Tongue

We got massive detentions and I clearly remember and incident in which one of our peers refused to take part on the action after we begging him for help (because we were getting slaughtered out there) Tongue Boy did he end up fighting anyway... just not the enemy.

Man, fun times!
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I moved an hour away when I was in the 6th grade, so I started a new school in April. The interesting fact is, my old school didn't have lockers in the 6th grade, where as the new one did. So I went into a new school, not knowing how lockers worked, and I never used a lock before.. Where as everyone was already used to it.
So I had this one class, I think it was a history class. My friends loved this teacher, and I hated him.. I actually told them I thought he was cool, just to make them feel better.. but I hated him, and my siblings hated him too.

Well, one time, I forgot my homework in my locker.. since I was new to lockers. The teacher, saw a bird by the window, and decided he would jump out the window (1st floor, unfortunately...) To go to his car and grab his camera to take a picture of this bird..
My friend said I should go to my locker, to get my homework. But because I didn't properly know my combination yet, it took me a while to open. So when I came back, the teacher was already back, and got mad at me for leaving the class.

It's not every day your teacher jumps out the window to get his camera from his car, to take a picture of a bird that was outside. Which I think is weird, because birds fly away if you're like 20 feet away from them.. so I wonder if it flew away when he went out the window.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I moved an hour away when I was in the 6th grade, so I started a new school in April. The interesting fact is, my old school didn't have lockers in the 6th grade, where as the new one did. So I went into a new school, not knowing how lockers worked, and I never used a lock before.. Where as everyone was already used to it.
So I had this one class, I think it was a history class. My friends loved this teacher, and I hated him.. I actually told them I thought he was cool, just to make them feel better.. but I hated him, and my siblings hated him too.

Well, one time, I forgot my homework in my locker.. since I was new to lockers. The teacher, saw a bird by the window, and decided he would jump out the window (1st floor, unfortunately...) To go to his car and grab his camera to take a picture of this bird..
My friend said I should go to my locker, to get my homework. But because I didn't properly know my combination yet, it took me a while to open. So when I came back, the teacher was already back, and got mad at me for leaving the class.

It's not every day your teacher jumps out the window to get his camera from his car, to take a picture of a bird that was outside. Which I think is weird, because birds fly away if you're like 20 feet away from them.. so I wonder if it flew away when he went out the window.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
There were happy memories, and bleak memories. But I am proud of one thing though... I left school eleven years ago Grin
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
There were happy memories, and bleak memories. But I am proud of one thing though... I left school eleven years ago Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 19th, 2018, 01:23 AM)Tsu Wrote:
And also around that time frame, we had "the big war"... just an all-out fight between my class and the seniors that took place in school grounds (!).
What happened to make all of you want a fight that badly?! XD
The most that ever happened in my school with seniors was that Year 11 would go against Year 10 at lunch in a game of football (soccer) which could turn out quite brutal because we didn't have many rules. All we enforced was handball and corners. ROFL

(Jun 19th, 2018, 01:57 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I'm surprised the teacher didn't get in trouble for doing that. You could've blackmailed him and threatened to tell the school about his actions. Creep

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
And also around that time frame, we had "the big war"... just an all-out fight between my class and the seniors that took place in school grounds (!).
What happened to make all of you want a fight that badly?! XD
The most that ever happened in my school with seniors was that Year 11 would go against Year 10 at lunch in a game of football (soccer) which could turn out quite brutal because we didn't have many rules. All we enforced was handball and corners. ROFL

(Jun 19th, 2018, 01:57 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I'm surprised the teacher didn't get in trouble for doing that. You could've blackmailed him and threatened to tell the school about his actions. Creep
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

I haven't heard that song in over 11 years and yet its stuck in my head...thanks...
At the copa-copacabaaannaaa music and dancing were always in fashion....

How about Ballroom Blitz?
Quote:And the man in the back said everyone attack
And it turned into a ballroom blitz
And the girl in the corner said boy I want to warn you
It'll turn into a ballroom blitz
Ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz
Oh yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was fighting

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

I haven't heard that song in over 11 years and yet its stuck in my head...thanks...
At the copa-copacabaaannaaa music and dancing were always in fashion....

How about Ballroom Blitz?
Quote:And the man in the back said everyone attack
And it turned into a ballroom blitz
And the girl in the corner said boy I want to warn you
It'll turn into a ballroom blitz
Ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz
Oh yeah! It was like lightning
Everybody was fighting
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote:What happened to make all of you want a fight that badly?! undefined

I... haven't got a clue, actually.

Probably one of those dumb reasons that would only get you engaged in a fistfight in school. In fact, I'm certain it was a dumb reason.

Quote:I haven't heard that song in over 11 years and yet its stuck in my head...thanks...

Haha, sorry Tongue

But nice lyrics!
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote:What happened to make all of you want a fight that badly?! undefined

I... haven't got a clue, actually.

Probably one of those dumb reasons that would only get you engaged in a fistfight in school. In fact, I'm certain it was a dumb reason.

Quote:I haven't heard that song in over 11 years and yet its stuck in my head...thanks...

Haha, sorry Tongue

But nice lyrics!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't got many memories of Primary School. None of Pre-school. For Primary, my best memory was one day we were doing some kind of poster or something, and on mine I drew a dolphin that looked pretty good for me at age...8 I think I was (Year 4 I believe)? Anyway with that my work, I got a merit and everyone in my class gave me recognition for it. I was super pleased. =3

I know we did plays every year for parents, but can't remember what roles I did. I remember bringing my GBA to play as I waited for the time to go by for when I would go on stage, either for my role or the curtain call where everyone waves to the audience at the end. Think that was Year 6 or Year 5.

Wish I could remember my week trip to Ironbridge better. I think it was a week. See, can't even think of the duration. Main thing I remember is sharing a four person room (two bunk beds) with two boys of the class that usually got into mischief. XD Can't remember what they did exactly, I think one night we had a lot of snacks or something, and they were dancing around for no reason. Perhaps doing impressions or silly things, rather.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't got many memories of Primary School. None of Pre-school. For Primary, my best memory was one day we were doing some kind of poster or something, and on mine I drew a dolphin that looked pretty good for me at age...8 I think I was (Year 4 I believe)? Anyway with that my work, I got a merit and everyone in my class gave me recognition for it. I was super pleased. =3

I know we did plays every year for parents, but can't remember what roles I did. I remember bringing my GBA to play as I waited for the time to go by for when I would go on stage, either for my role or the curtain call where everyone waves to the audience at the end. Think that was Year 6 or Year 5.

Wish I could remember my week trip to Ironbridge better. I think it was a week. See, can't even think of the duration. Main thing I remember is sharing a four person room (two bunk beds) with two boys of the class that usually got into mischief. XD Can't remember what they did exactly, I think one night we had a lot of snacks or something, and they were dancing around for no reason. Perhaps doing impressions or silly things, rather.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I remember in 5th grade during tornado drills thinking "If a tornado hits this school we're dead" the reason for this was the tornado "Shelter" for the 4th grade wing was the hallway, this hallway on each side had classrooms with exterior walls but more important on the top of the walls in this hallway were going in to the classroom and by extension the outside.

In all 14 years of me being in the public education system (pre Kindergarten (called at the time "Young 5s") and Kindergarten) there was only one actual tornado drill and that was when I was in 10th grade, and well I was home that day as I had a doctors appointment for a post surgery check up that was far away and got home just before school was to end that day. Just as they were releasing kids for the day is when the tornado warning was issued, there was no storms in my area.

Interestingly enough this was happened a few months before the National Weather Service moved to weather polygons, before that a warning was issued for entire counties even if the storm would hit a small area in that county. Hence why a tornado warning was issued despite no threat to the area my school was in. </off topic>

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I remember in 5th grade during tornado drills thinking "If a tornado hits this school we're dead" the reason for this was the tornado "Shelter" for the 4th grade wing was the hallway, this hallway on each side had classrooms with exterior walls but more important on the top of the walls in this hallway were going in to the classroom and by extension the outside.

In all 14 years of me being in the public education system (pre Kindergarten (called at the time "Young 5s") and Kindergarten) there was only one actual tornado drill and that was when I was in 10th grade, and well I was home that day as I had a doctors appointment for a post surgery check up that was far away and got home just before school was to end that day. Just as they were releasing kids for the day is when the tornado warning was issued, there was no storms in my area.

Interestingly enough this was happened a few months before the National Weather Service moved to weather polygons, before that a warning was issued for entire counties even if the storm would hit a small area in that county. Hence why a tornado warning was issued despite no threat to the area my school was in. </off topic>
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2018, 10:36 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I know roles were dependent on your year, as Year 1 went on first and Year 6 went on last. I know for one of the very early ones our year were robots on the stage because it was some time travelling thing (I recall this only because a VHS exists of it at my house). Year 6 I believe was Oliver Twist, and Year 5 may have been Wizard of Oz (it was done at some point if not that year).

Ironbridge was 5 days, Monday to Friday, and if you ask me the worst idea for a school trip for kids who are 10 years old. The instant everyone got a letter from home that trip turned into a disaster in regards to morale. The boys were far more misbehaved than the girls because the floors were gender separated, and as every teacher in our primary school was female, no teachers were actually on the boys floor to keep things in order. By the time anyone would've come downstairs to deal with us, everyone would've stopped and it was then impossible for a teacher to tell who were the culprits.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2018, 10:36 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I know roles were dependent on your year, as Year 1 went on first and Year 6 went on last. I know for one of the very early ones our year were robots on the stage because it was some time travelling thing (I recall this only because a VHS exists of it at my house). Year 6 I believe was Oliver Twist, and Year 5 may have been Wizard of Oz (it was done at some point if not that year).

Ironbridge was 5 days, Monday to Friday, and if you ask me the worst idea for a school trip for kids who are 10 years old. The instant everyone got a letter from home that trip turned into a disaster in regards to morale. The boys were far more misbehaved than the girls because the floors were gender separated, and as every teacher in our primary school was female, no teachers were actually on the boys floor to keep things in order. By the time anyone would've come downstairs to deal with us, everyone would've stopped and it was then impossible for a teacher to tell who were the culprits.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yes we have that VHS tape too. My brother played one of the three main characters I think, being in Year 6 at the time. Might have another one somewhere, unless I'm just thinking of our home videos. XD

Ironbridge I'm remembering a bit more after your post. Yeah wasn't the best of trips, but it's the only one I remember from Primary School. Except for a walk we might've done to Radar Hill. Yeah, probably why the two in my room were like that, but I expect other pupils were bullied in other rooms. Plus general misbehaving. Ah, the letters from home. I don't remember what was in mine, probably just some message about am I well, we miss you, and stuff happening. Did receive a photo from my sister, which I still have to this day pinned up on one of my boards on my wall. Featured my first cat lying on my sister's bed, with the friendly cat that regularly visited us. Wish my tabby cat now could make a feline friend, like those two were. She just won't though.
I remember there were drawing exercises, plus a climb up a steep hill/small mountain. Or the last bit was a different trip. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yes we have that VHS tape too. My brother played one of the three main characters I think, being in Year 6 at the time. Might have another one somewhere, unless I'm just thinking of our home videos. XD

Ironbridge I'm remembering a bit more after your post. Yeah wasn't the best of trips, but it's the only one I remember from Primary School. Except for a walk we might've done to Radar Hill. Yeah, probably why the two in my room were like that, but I expect other pupils were bullied in other rooms. Plus general misbehaving. Ah, the letters from home. I don't remember what was in mine, probably just some message about am I well, we miss you, and stuff happening. Did receive a photo from my sister, which I still have to this day pinned up on one of my boards on my wall. Featured my first cat lying on my sister's bed, with the friendly cat that regularly visited us. Wish my tabby cat now could make a feline friend, like those two were. She just won't though.
I remember there were drawing exercises, plus a climb up a steep hill/small mountain. Or the last bit was a different trip. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, one more class and I've finished my first semester at college.

Also I don't think I mentioned it but we get all our textbooks (the ones you write in that are blank) or free in school in the UK whereas in America you apparently don't?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, one more class and I've finished my first semester at college.

Also I don't think I mentioned it but we get all our textbooks (the ones you write in that are blank) or free in school in the UK whereas in America you apparently don't?
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I graduated highschool around ten years ago and I still have nerve-wracking dreams about being late or forgetting my locker combination XD Such a pain.

Not too many memories to note, though admittedly I had a terrible attendance record lol. One thing I do remember is when I went to pick up my diploma at the office (because I skipped the ceremony, had zero interest in all that/prom etc) the secretary was floored that I had made it onto the honour roll after having missed so many days.
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I graduated highschool around ten years ago and I still have nerve-wracking dreams about being late or forgetting my locker combination XD Such a pain.

Not too many memories to note, though admittedly I had a terrible attendance record lol. One thing I do remember is when I went to pick up my diploma at the office (because I skipped the ceremony, had zero interest in all that/prom etc) the secretary was floored that I had made it onto the honour roll after having missed so many days.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Can't recall ever being late for school, and our lockers just opened with a key so all we had to do was not lose the key.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Can't recall ever being late for school, and our lockers just opened with a key so all we had to do was not lose the key.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would You Attend a School Reunion? Moonface 9 278 Feb 23rd, 2024, 01:40 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  What Was Your School Mascot? Moonface 3 596 May 23rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface