Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I know a store where I could buy FE: Engage for about $30 if I wanted it, but I have heard that the story is so bad so I'm just like eh. lol
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I know a store where I could buy FE: Engage for about $30 if I wanted it, but I have heard that the story is so bad so I'm just like eh. lol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 9th, 2024, 02:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Maybe it's nothing, but I just saw someone had noticed that multiple first party Nintendo Switch games are no longer available physically from any retailer:
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Metroid Dread
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Fire Emblem: Engage
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • WarioWare: Get it Together!
  • Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
Some are old so I get it with those, but I'm surprised that Odyssey is on the list and I'm really surprised FE: Engage is on there given it only came out a year ago.

I saw some speculation it may be these games are all getting reprinted with something stating they work on both the Switch and its successor, and others mentioned Nintendo Selects could be a reason for the removal of all these games. But maybe it's also nothing and just Nintendo no longer wanting to produce copies of these games, although I doubt every retailer has run out of copies of all of these games at the same time. Hmm

Oh, that's unfortunate about no physical copies of XC2 being available now. I never got around to buying a copy and if I can't get a physical copy at all, then I likely just won't bother with the series. Well, my copy of XC DE that's just been sitting here collecting dust for however long is probably a good indication that the chances of me actually getting around to the series was already very small, but not being able to get a physical copy of XC2 would definitely be several nails in the coffin.

I was also waiting for Link's Awakening to go on sale for a decent price. Guess that might be never now.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 9th, 2024, 02:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Maybe it's nothing, but I just saw someone had noticed that multiple first party Nintendo Switch games are no longer available physically from any retailer:
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Metroid Dread
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Fire Emblem: Engage
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • WarioWare: Get it Together!
  • Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
Some are old so I get it with those, but I'm surprised that Odyssey is on the list and I'm really surprised FE: Engage is on there given it only came out a year ago.

I saw some speculation it may be these games are all getting reprinted with something stating they work on both the Switch and its successor, and others mentioned Nintendo Selects could be a reason for the removal of all these games. But maybe it's also nothing and just Nintendo no longer wanting to produce copies of these games, although I doubt every retailer has run out of copies of all of these games at the same time. Hmm

Oh, that's unfortunate about no physical copies of XC2 being available now. I never got around to buying a copy and if I can't get a physical copy at all, then I likely just won't bother with the series. Well, my copy of XC DE that's just been sitting here collecting dust for however long is probably a good indication that the chances of me actually getting around to the series was already very small, but not being able to get a physical copy of XC2 would definitely be several nails in the coffin.

I was also waiting for Link's Awakening to go on sale for a decent price. Guess that might be never now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 9th, 2024, 08:17 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
What store? From what I gathered, most if not all of the major retailers are no longer selling copies including Amazon and Walmart so I'm curious if the store you're talking about is a smaller one or evidence of bigger stores having them in the actual locations but not on their websites.

@Dragon Lord: You'd maybe get lucky with a pre-owned copy but if Gamestop's pre-owned version of XC2 is any indication, they might not end up being much cheaper than brand new or digital. For reference, Gamestop is listing XC2 pre-owned physical at $54.99 while a digital copy is $59.99. If copies of that game (and the rest) are no longer being produced I doubt it'll be long before pre-owned copies start going up in price; I recall that @ShiraNoMai paid something like $80+ for XC1 because copies of it became so rare due to its limited print run.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What store? From what I gathered, most if not all of the major retailers are no longer selling copies including Amazon and Walmart so I'm curious if the store you're talking about is a smaller one or evidence of bigger stores having them in the actual locations but not on their websites.

@Dragon Lord: You'd maybe get lucky with a pre-owned copy but if Gamestop's pre-owned version of XC2 is any indication, they might not end up being much cheaper than brand new or digital. For reference, Gamestop is listing XC2 pre-owned physical at $54.99 while a digital copy is $59.99. If copies of that game (and the rest) are no longer being produced I doubt it'll be long before pre-owned copies start going up in price; I recall that @ShiraNoMai paid something like $80+ for XC1 because copies of it became so rare due to its limited print run.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah not only was it inflated in price, I had to drive over an hour away to a Gamestop that had it in stock. This was in 2012, mind you, the year it released. LOL

I'd be curious to check out local stores to see if they do carry the physical stock and just are not allowed to advertise as such on their websites anymore. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah not only was it inflated in price, I had to drive over an hour away to a Gamestop that had it in stock. This was in 2012, mind you, the year it released. LOL

I'd be curious to check out local stores to see if they do carry the physical stock and just are not allowed to advertise as such on their websites anymore. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jan 11th, 2024, 12:41 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Out at meijer. It's a retail store, and usually I find games there physically, but I have to jump on getting them before they run out of copies.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Out at meijer. It's a retail store, and usually I find games there physically, but I have to jump on getting them before they run out of copies.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 12th, 2024, 07:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Never heard of them before so checked out their website. I tried searching for some of the games in the list I shared and got no results, including FE: Engage. Going by this and adding to what @ShiraNoMai questioned, my guess is any copies available in-store to buy at any outlet are just what remains of that locations stock, and so online listings won't appear because the majority of stores no longer have the stock.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 12th, 2024, 07:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Never heard of them before so checked out their website. I tried searching for some of the games in the list I shared and got no results, including FE: Engage. Going by this and adding to what @ShiraNoMai questioned, my guess is any copies available in-store to buy at any outlet are just what remains of that locations stock, and so online listings won't appear because the majority of stores no longer have the stock.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 372 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,740 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 723 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,379 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,819 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord