Phones
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't realize we never had a topic to discuss phones (at least nothing came up when I tried to search it), so here we go!

What kind of phone do you have? Is there a certain type of phone you wish you had over your current one?

I myself have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra (Orange - 1TB Storage) . Prior to that I had a S22 Ultra for the last two years. Decided to upgrade to the S24 Ultra when it released this past month because I really wanted the flat screen instead of the slight curve that the S22U has. So far I've been very happy with it. Battery lasts forever, even when I'm torturing it by running gacha games all day. The new anti-glare screen they used for this phone is godly as well, very nice when you can't avoid having direct light hitting the screen. Been very happy with the upgrade in the short amount of time I've had the phone.  Another really nice thing I've noticed about the S24U is that it doesn't heat up as fast as my S22U would. Running Genshin for just a small amount of time (15-20 minutes) would start to make my S22U pretty hot, but I can run Genshin for a good while before I even start to feel the S24U getting warm. So for someone who uses their phone more for gaming than anything else, it's been a very valuable upgrade to me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't realize we never had a topic to discuss phones (at least nothing came up when I tried to search it), so here we go!

What kind of phone do you have? Is there a certain type of phone you wish you had over your current one?

I myself have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra (Orange - 1TB Storage) . Prior to that I had a S22 Ultra for the last two years. Decided to upgrade to the S24 Ultra when it released this past month because I really wanted the flat screen instead of the slight curve that the S22U has. So far I've been very happy with it. Battery lasts forever, even when I'm torturing it by running gacha games all day. The new anti-glare screen they used for this phone is godly as well, very nice when you can't avoid having direct light hitting the screen. Been very happy with the upgrade in the short amount of time I've had the phone.  Another really nice thing I've noticed about the S24U is that it doesn't heat up as fast as my S22U would. Running Genshin for just a small amount of time (15-20 minutes) would start to make my S22U pretty hot, but I can run Genshin for a good while before I even start to feel the S24U getting warm. So for someone who uses their phone more for gaming than anything else, it's been a very valuable upgrade to me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Currently I have a Google Pixel 4, which I really have no complaints about.

Prior to this phone I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 which IIRC was my first smart phone because I took a while to switch over from regular phones.

The phone I had for the longest time was my Sony Ericsson w610i which I had well into the 2010's.

I had one other phone before that one but it wasn't a well known brand so I can't remember what it was. I do remember it had a lot of animal noises as ring tones and I used the cat one. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Currently I have a Google Pixel 4, which I really have no complaints about.

Prior to this phone I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 which IIRC was my first smart phone because I took a while to switch over from regular phones.

The phone I had for the longest time was my Sony Ericsson w610i which I had well into the 2010's.

I had one other phone before that one but it wasn't a well known brand so I can't remember what it was. I do remember it had a lot of animal noises as ring tones and I used the cat one. LOL
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I have a Samsung Galaxy A21s. Not the most expensive phone in the world (it only cost me about £175 when new) - but, since it has all the basics and a 6.5-inch screen, it has pretty much everything I need Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I have a Samsung Galaxy A21s. Not the most expensive phone in the world (it only cost me about £175 when new) - but, since it has all the basics and a 6.5-inch screen, it has pretty much everything I need Tongue .
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Damn, all Samsung owners here, I see. Yes, people of culture, we are Cool

Currently the owner of a Galaxy S10, which I received in 2020 (I think the year the S20 came out). Had the S7 prior to it (the same one as Moony!). I had two Windows phones before this cuz I wanted to check out the OS while folks were debating the age-old "Apple versus Android" and see if Microsoft had anything to say about it. Conclusion, no, no they did not really. They weren't bad phones, per se. Just practically zero support. Only the VERY popular apps were available. My first smart phone, just before the Windows phones, was an MOTOROLA BACKFLIP--a variant of the popular SideKick phone at the time that instead of sliding out, the screen would flip out, like an inverse GameBoy Advance SP. It was really neat and it ran a very early form of Android: 1.5, or "Cupcake"
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Damn, all Samsung owners here, I see. Yes, people of culture, we are Cool

Currently the owner of a Galaxy S10, which I received in 2020 (I think the year the S20 came out). Had the S7 prior to it (the same one as Moony!). I had two Windows phones before this cuz I wanted to check out the OS while folks were debating the age-old "Apple versus Android" and see if Microsoft had anything to say about it. Conclusion, no, no they did not really. They weren't bad phones, per se. Just practically zero support. Only the VERY popular apps were available. My first smart phone, just before the Windows phones, was an MOTOROLA BACKFLIP--a variant of the popular SideKick phone at the time that instead of sliding out, the screen would flip out, like an inverse GameBoy Advance SP. It was really neat and it ran a very early form of Android: 1.5, or "Cupcake"
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My current one is a Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro, the one previous which I semi use still is Lenovo A2016a40 for phone purposes, the other is for apps and to play Genshin on. XD I should really fully convert over but screw having to be texting or be in a call when I'm in the middle of gaming. *shot*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My current one is a Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro, the one previous which I semi use still is Lenovo A2016a40 for phone purposes, the other is for apps and to play Genshin on. XD I should really fully convert over but screw having to be texting or be in a call when I'm in the middle of gaming. *shot*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 5th, 2024, 02:27 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh, I didn't know Lenovo made phones. I always thought they just did computers. I'm also shocked I have never heard of Xiaomi before because according to Wikipedia they're the second biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world behind Samsung.

Despite the popularity of Samsung in here I doubt I'd ever go back to anything but a Google phone. I'm not a fan of the amount of bloatware that gets stuffed into Samsung phones and how third parties make changes to the Android OS which generally feel inferior to me.

I remember being interested in Windows phones when they were a thing but I'm glad I never jumped on board with those. I'll also forever hate them because I associate them as the reason why Windows 8 had such a horrible UI. Tongue

I'm curious, what ring tone does everyone have currently? Mine is whatever default thing my phone comes with because I don't like the other choices and I've never been bothered to put a custom ringtone on any of my smartphones.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 5th, 2024, 02:27 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh, I didn't know Lenovo made phones. I always thought they just did computers. I'm also shocked I have never heard of Xiaomi before because according to Wikipedia they're the second biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world behind Samsung.

Despite the popularity of Samsung in here I doubt I'd ever go back to anything but a Google phone. I'm not a fan of the amount of bloatware that gets stuffed into Samsung phones and how third parties make changes to the Android OS which generally feel inferior to me.

I remember being interested in Windows phones when they were a thing but I'm glad I never jumped on board with those. I'll also forever hate them because I associate them as the reason why Windows 8 had such a horrible UI. Tongue

I'm curious, what ring tone does everyone have currently? Mine is whatever default thing my phone comes with because I don't like the other choices and I've never been bothered to put a custom ringtone on any of my smartphones.