Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sleeping?? At 3PM? Dang, your sleep fucked or were ya napping?

GG new TV! Glad there was some kind of salvageable warranty on it.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sleeping?? At 3PM? Dang, your sleep fucked or were ya napping?

GG new TV! Glad there was some kind of salvageable warranty on it.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, it was at 3 PM? I must have not been in the arc, then, because I didn't notice anything happening around my end. But my sleep is definitely screwed up badly right now; I need to fix it.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, it was at 3 PM? I must have not been in the arc, then, because I didn't notice anything happening around my end. But my sleep is definitely screwed up badly right now; I need to fix it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, the event "started" around 2ish but the full thing was like 2:50-3PM. It wasn't that noticeable honestly from our location. I didn't look at it, but looking outside, it looked like it was just overcast (for a while I couldn't tell if it was the cloud cover or not). My coworkers were like "eh" when they directly saw it so, yeah 58% cover really ain't shit huh LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, the event "started" around 2ish but the full thing was like 2:50-3PM. It wasn't that noticeable honestly from our location. I didn't look at it, but looking outside, it looked like it was just overcast (for a while I couldn't tell if it was the cloud cover or not). My coworkers were like "eh" when they directly saw it so, yeah 58% cover really ain't shit huh LOL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, I didn't see anything, but then again, I wasn't really looking either, so it's whatever. *looks it up* Oh wow, the next eclipse in the US won't be until 2044? That's a shame.

So, a friend of mine is trying to get a Pathfinder 2nd Edition game running, and I couldn't think of a character concept, so I did what I usually do in cases like this: liberally steal from a game I've been playing. In this case, I stole Allegretto from Eternal Sonata, and just adapted a few details to make him a Melee Bard. Melee casters in Pathfinder 2e are much more viable, because you don't have to eat an Attack of Opportunity for every little thing, now. In order to even make an AoO (or a "Reactive Strike" as the game calls it), you either need to be a Fighter or have a specific feat set. Very nice! There's actually a lot of changes made to the game that are all very interesting, and clearly made to get it out of D&D's shadow (1st Edition was made basically as a final fix for D&D 3rd Edition, and for the most part it worked).
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, I didn't see anything, but then again, I wasn't really looking either, so it's whatever. *looks it up* Oh wow, the next eclipse in the US won't be until 2044? That's a shame.

So, a friend of mine is trying to get a Pathfinder 2nd Edition game running, and I couldn't think of a character concept, so I did what I usually do in cases like this: liberally steal from a game I've been playing. In this case, I stole Allegretto from Eternal Sonata, and just adapted a few details to make him a Melee Bard. Melee casters in Pathfinder 2e are much more viable, because you don't have to eat an Attack of Opportunity for every little thing, now. In order to even make an AoO (or a "Reactive Strike" as the game calls it), you either need to be a Fighter or have a specific feat set. Very nice! There's actually a lot of changes made to the game that are all very interesting, and clearly made to get it out of D&D's shadow (1st Edition was made basically as a final fix for D&D 3rd Edition, and for the most part it worked).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,651
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ugh, I don't know where I've caught it from but I've come down with a really bad cold that's knocked all the life outta me. x.x
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,651 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ugh, I don't know where I've caught it from but I've come down with a really bad cold that's knocked all the life outta me. x.x
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bad ailments, leave Moony alone.

I had a nice fall at work yesterday thanks to my crap work boots, my shoelace loop got caught on a hook on my left boot that wasn't being used for lace. As I was walking fast I went down, luckily was already leaning forward as I was pulling empty trays so didn't have too far to fall, and fell on mostly my right side. Didn't hurt initially but my bones started to feel it only briefly sometime later, so a taster of things to come in the future yay. I was still good to work no problems and still none so I should be OK.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bad ailments, leave Moony alone.

I had a nice fall at work yesterday thanks to my crap work boots, my shoelace loop got caught on a hook on my left boot that wasn't being used for lace. As I was walking fast I went down, luckily was already leaning forward as I was pulling empty trays so didn't have too far to fall, and fell on mostly my right side. Didn't hurt initially but my bones started to feel it only briefly sometime later, so a taster of things to come in the future yay. I was still good to work no problems and still none so I should be OK.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Dang, ate shit in the workplace, that sucks. I suppose you didn't need to file an injury report or anything right?

My ankle gave out earlier this year when I was crossing over terrain from a sidewalk into a parking lot (with a grassy median). It wasn't very flat, and I guess I misjudged the placement of my foot, and my ankle just rolled and I completely ate shit on the floor. I don't typically roll my ankle but oof, this one hurt for a while. The fall itself didn't hurt but the ankle was big oof.

Anyway, hope you and Moony recover well. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Dang, ate shit in the workplace, that sucks. I suppose you didn't need to file an injury report or anything right?

My ankle gave out earlier this year when I was crossing over terrain from a sidewalk into a parking lot (with a grassy median). It wasn't very flat, and I guess I misjudged the placement of my foot, and my ankle just rolled and I completely ate shit on the floor. I don't typically roll my ankle but oof, this one hurt for a while. The fall itself didn't hurt but the ankle was big oof.

Anyway, hope you and Moony recover well. Smile
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Hope you all are doing okay.

I'm on my 7th of 8 days working in a row, and I am so tired right now. I wish it was Wednesday. I mean, I actually wish it was Thursday, because that's when my Pathfinder 2 campaign starts, and I'm really excited to play my character, but I just wish it was Wednesday because I'd have the day off.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

I'm on my 7th of 8 days working in a row, and I am so tired right now. I wish it was Wednesday. I mean, I actually wish it was Thursday, because that's when my Pathfinder 2 campaign starts, and I'm really excited to play my character, but I just wish it was Wednesday because I'd have the day off.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 14th, 2024, 10:43 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ugh, I hate accidents where you think you're fine and then later discover you're not, especially if it's something that happens at work where you could have potentially filed for workers comp on it. I'm guessing this was in the back with no one else around?

(Apr 15th, 2024, 08:05 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Thanks for the wishes @Maniakkid25. ^_^
I'm feeling worse today and didn't go to class, and I've already decided I won't go into work tomorrow. It just sucks that I will probably have to call in at 5am because my store won't accept call outs the night before. Errm

Oof, did you work that many days because of covering other shifts or did you just get a shit schedule?
And I see you didn't choose to go with the Anadi or the Poppet species for your character in the end?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 14th, 2024, 10:43 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ugh, I hate accidents where you think you're fine and then later discover you're not, especially if it's something that happens at work where you could have potentially filed for workers comp on it. I'm guessing this was in the back with no one else around?

(Apr 15th, 2024, 08:05 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Thanks for the wishes @Maniakkid25. ^_^
I'm feeling worse today and didn't go to class, and I've already decided I won't go into work tomorrow. It just sucks that I will probably have to call in at 5am because my store won't accept call outs the night before. Errm

Oof, did you work that many days because of covering other shifts or did you just get a shit schedule?
And I see you didn't choose to go with the Anadi or the Poppet species for your character in the end?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Shit scheduling. Just rolled a botch this week. At least I get two days off starting Wednesday? Just gotta make it through Tuesday...

Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I couldn't think if a decent character, and then one of the other players said "I'm making Angel Dust from Hazbin Hotel", and I was like "Well, as long as we're stealing characters..." After that, the character fell into place really easily; I built him as a Street Urchin Melee Bard. Street Urchin because his literal first appearance is him stealing bread to feed himself and some orphans living in the sewers, Melee because he's a melee character, and Bard because from a game about a music composer, and I thought it was cute to reference that. I decided he plays violin on a whim (what good bard doesn't have an instrument), and it was basically plug and chug once I knew what I had to work with.

I actually had a back-up character that was also stolen in case we needed a healer, but we ended up with a Cleric, so that ended up being redundant, so I didn't build her. She would have been an Oracle, and that's all I got to before I dropped building her.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Shit scheduling. Just rolled a botch this week. At least I get two days off starting Wednesday? Just gotta make it through Tuesday...

Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I couldn't think if a decent character, and then one of the other players said "I'm making Angel Dust from Hazbin Hotel", and I was like "Well, as long as we're stealing characters..." After that, the character fell into place really easily; I built him as a Street Urchin Melee Bard. Street Urchin because his literal first appearance is him stealing bread to feed himself and some orphans living in the sewers, Melee because he's a melee character, and Bard because from a game about a music composer, and I thought it was cute to reference that. I decided he plays violin on a whim (what good bard doesn't have an instrument), and it was basically plug and chug once I knew what I had to work with.

I actually had a back-up character that was also stolen in case we needed a healer, but we ended up with a Cleric, so that ended up being redundant, so I didn't build her. She would have been an Oracle, and that's all I got to before I dropped building her.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oof. Hopefully that doesn't happen again or if it does you can bring it up to your manager so they can change the schedule for you.

Does Eternal Sonata have a lot of stuff built around sound/music? I'm curious because the game didn't come up in my video game studies class when we had a lesson entirely on auditory based games but the name alone makes it sound like it would've been a good fit. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oof. Hopefully that doesn't happen again or if it does you can bring it up to your manager so they can change the schedule for you.

Does Eternal Sonata have a lot of stuff built around sound/music? I'm curious because the game didn't come up in my video game studies class when we had a lesson entirely on auditory based games but the name alone makes it sound like it would've been a good fit. Hmm
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Eternal Sonata is not really about music, but a music composer. Chopin, specifically. It's just all the major places and characters aside from him are named after music terms or instruments. But really, it's part original story (the idea is that the game world is Chopin's dying dream, and that is NOT a spoiler!), part history lesson as you learn the origins of some of Chopin's most famed works (Like his Fantaisie-Impromptu or his Revolutionary Etude). It's an interesting game, but definitely not on anyone's "must play" list.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Eternal Sonata is not really about music, but a music composer. Chopin, specifically. It's just all the major places and characters aside from him are named after music terms or instruments. But really, it's part original story (the idea is that the game world is Chopin's dying dream, and that is NOT a spoiler!), part history lesson as you learn the origins of some of Chopin's most famed works (Like his Fantaisie-Impromptu or his Revolutionary Etude). It's an interesting game, but definitely not on anyone's "must play" list.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,913 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,172 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,847 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,007 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,517 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM