Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't know if it was ever in genuine question, but Jim Carrey will be returning for Sonic The Hedgehog 3. That news comes alongside the title treatment reveal video that was put out a couple of hours ago:

The logo is definitely taking inspiration from the Sonic Adventure 2 logo, which makes sense since that was the first game Shadow was introduced in. I wonder if this movie will be taking any elements of that games plot or if it'll be like the other two movies that have original plots? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't know if it was ever in genuine question, but Jim Carrey will be returning for Sonic The Hedgehog 3. That news comes alongside the title treatment reveal video that was put out a couple of hours ago:

The logo is definitely taking inspiration from the Sonic Adventure 2 logo, which makes sense since that was the first game Shadow was introduced in. I wonder if this movie will be taking any elements of that games plot or if it'll be like the other two movies that have original plots? Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I suppose it needed to be mentioned after Carrey was considering retiring so most people didn't know if it included any on-going stuff. I remember reading a long time ago about Carrey not having interest in playing characters multiple times, apart from some exceptions, one example I do know about is him no taking a role in The Mask sequel, which turned into a financial failure, so good job of him avoiding that. Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber are the films he's been in twice, but they had only two movies each where as Sonic is now three. So it's cool to see him return to the role as Robotnik.

They might do a vague version of SA2, or kinda what Knuckles was in the 2nd movie when he was against Sonic for a period of time (I don't know how long as I still need to watch it) but as a more antagonist degree for Shadow perhaps. Then they join forces to fight something, I mean it's obvious that's what'll happen or they prolong it into the next movie. Ugh, can't they just keep this a trilogy and not keep going to milk a franchise dry for once? I know it'll happen because that's what the industry is all about these days.  Doh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I suppose it needed to be mentioned after Carrey was considering retiring so most people didn't know if it included any on-going stuff. I remember reading a long time ago about Carrey not having interest in playing characters multiple times, apart from some exceptions, one example I do know about is him no taking a role in The Mask sequel, which turned into a financial failure, so good job of him avoiding that. Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber are the films he's been in twice, but they had only two movies each where as Sonic is now three. So it's cool to see him return to the role as Robotnik.

They might do a vague version of SA2, or kinda what Knuckles was in the 2nd movie when he was against Sonic for a period of time (I don't know how long as I still need to watch it) but as a more antagonist degree for Shadow perhaps. Then they join forces to fight something, I mean it's obvious that's what'll happen or they prolong it into the next movie. Ugh, can't they just keep this a trilogy and not keep going to milk a franchise dry for once? I know it'll happen because that's what the industry is all about these days.  Doh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope they don't have Sonic and Shadow end up working together in the movie because it'll feel too similar to the second movie where Sonic and Knuckles were going against each other and then teamed up.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope they don't have Sonic and Shadow end up working together in the movie because it'll feel too similar to the second movie where Sonic and Knuckles were going against each other and then teamed up.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

From the description: The new live-action series will follow Knuckles (Idris Elba) on a hilarious and action-packed journey of self-discovery as he agrees to train Wade (Adam Pally) as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior. The series takes place between the films SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3.

It'll air exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and Canada on April 26, and April 27 in all additional Paramount+ territories. Japan gets a separate release later in the year.

It appears to be an 6-episode endeavor so Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

From the description: The new live-action series will follow Knuckles (Idris Elba) on a hilarious and action-packed journey of self-discovery as he agrees to train Wade (Adam Pally) as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior. The series takes place between the films SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3.

It'll air exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and Canada on April 26, and April 27 in all additional Paramount+ territories. Japan gets a separate release later in the year.

It appears to be an 6-episode endeavor so Shrug
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, I was taking interest in the details when it started being clear Knuckles is initially living with Sonic, and the trailer decides to slap me in the face with a henchman parroting the "Do I look like I need your power" line that Knuckles did in Sonic 2. A shoddy attempt at humor that just doesn't even make sense because no one but Sonic would be aware of that line of dialogue Knuckles said in Sonic 2, but I expect the show will claim Knuckles was being monitored at the time by this new baddy and that's how one of their henchmen know that line. Even then, bad moment that was the only thing that spoiled the trailer for me.

I could not remember who Wade's character is in the movies (I assumed he wasn't a new character for the show) and he's one of the police officers who works with the main human character that takes in Sonic. If the villain for the show is someone from other Sonic media, I can't say I recognized them at all.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, I was taking interest in the details when it started being clear Knuckles is initially living with Sonic, and the trailer decides to slap me in the face with a henchman parroting the "Do I look like I need your power" line that Knuckles did in Sonic 2. A shoddy attempt at humor that just doesn't even make sense because no one but Sonic would be aware of that line of dialogue Knuckles said in Sonic 2, but I expect the show will claim Knuckles was being monitored at the time by this new baddy and that's how one of their henchmen know that line. Even then, bad moment that was the only thing that spoiled the trailer for me.

I could not remember who Wade's character is in the movies (I assumed he wasn't a new character for the show) and he's one of the police officers who works with the main human character that takes in Sonic. If the villain for the show is someone from other Sonic media, I can't say I recognized them at all.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This definitely could be one of those "bad trailer, good show" scenarios cuz trailers need to tailor to the least common denominator lately and it's so lame.

Also someone said this show gives Iron Man 2 vibes and ngl I was also thinking that when watching it ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This definitely could be one of those "bad trailer, good show" scenarios cuz trailers need to tailor to the least common denominator lately and it's so lame.

Also someone said this show gives Iron Man 2 vibes and ngl I was also thinking that when watching it ROFL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2024, 04:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I don't really remember that movie well but going by a plot synopsis I'm guessing the vibe is with Knuckles fighting an entity that is using his own power against him?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2024, 04:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I don't really remember that movie well but going by a plot synopsis I'm guessing the vibe is with Knuckles fighting an entity that is using his own power against him?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Keanu Reeves has been confirmed as the voice actor for Shadow in the third Sonic movie: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies...235874487/

The article mentions a new trailer was shown at CinemaCon last week, which I guess was exclusive because I can't find it on YouTube anywhere. I wonder when they'll release that trailer to the public. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Keanu Reeves has been confirmed as the voice actor for Shadow in the third Sonic movie: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies...235874487/

The article mentions a new trailer was shown at CinemaCon last week, which I guess was exclusive because I can't find it on YouTube anywhere. I wonder when they'll release that trailer to the public. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
....huh Keanu Reeves as Shadow? Well I never had any money on anyone but I suppose if I did I wouldn't have considered him though can see it working.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
....huh Keanu Reeves as Shadow? Well I never had any money on anyone but I suppose if I did I wouldn't have considered him though can see it working.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not that I've been looking but I'm surprised the internet didn't explode with memes about Shadow killing people with pencils and shit in the wake of this news. ROFL

I wonder if this movie will also introduce other characters like Rouge or whatever the other bad guy side ones are called. It'll be nice to not keep having one new villainous character introduced per movie, and I'd also rather more characters get added sooner than later so these movies don't drag on to bring everyone in.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not that I've been looking but I'm surprised the internet didn't explode with memes about Shadow killing people with pencils and shit in the wake of this news. ROFL

I wonder if this movie will also introduce other characters like Rouge or whatever the other bad guy side ones are called. It'll be nice to not keep having one new villainous character introduced per movie, and I'd also rather more characters get added sooner than later so these movies don't drag on to bring everyone in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,200 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,404 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface