Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jun 12th, 2018, 10:49 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jun 12th, 2018, 09:42 PM)Relic Wrote:
From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

Texas "Cheats" because of its absurd size. I couldn't find an actual source but according to wiki Oklahoma has had the most F/EF 5 Tornado then any other state.

Technically, if you include EF 0s and 1s, Florida has the largest number of tornados per sq. mi. Who'd've thunk that weather that makes hurricanes can also make tornadoes?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
From data I'm looking at, it appears Texas is #1 in Tornadoes. Averaging to 146.7 per year. Kansas comes next at 92.4 and Oklahoma is third with 65.4.

Texas "Cheats" because of its absurd size. I couldn't find an actual source but according to wiki Oklahoma has had the most F/EF 5 Tornado then any other state.

Technically, if you include EF 0s and 1s, Florida has the largest number of tornados per sq. mi. Who'd've thunk that weather that makes hurricanes can also make tornadoes?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 13th, 2018, 08:16 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Good morning everyone !
Good morning aero! What are you up to today? Smile

*sigh* I think I'm going to need to go to Broward to deal with my admission. For some reason the stuff I provided them is invalid and then proceeded to tell me to send through things that was what I sent that they marked invalid. I also mentioned being married removes the need to be in the country for 12 months and yet the person on the end of the line kept refusing to acknowledge that and kept bringing up getting an employment letter despite the fact I told her I am not employed. Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Good morning everyone !

*sigh* I think I'm going to need to go to Broward to deal with my admission. For some reason the stuff I provided them is invalid and then proceeded to tell me to send through things that was what I sent that they marked invalid. I also mentioned being married removes the need to be in the country for 12 months and yet the person on the end of the line kept refusing to acknowledge that and kept bringing up getting an employment letter despite the fact I told her I am not employed. Rolleyes
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
Sounds like your having a wonderful day Moon, atleast it isn't raining.  Whistle
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
Sounds like your having a wonderful day Moon, atleast it isn't raining.  Whistle
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 13th, 2018, 04:47 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Well a tornado is kind of like a mini cycone IMO.

But I was doing total number of, not per sq. mile, which I feel is a better indicator. I assume if waterspouts (proper tornadic water spouts*, where the tornado just was over water and never hit land)were included in the tornado count Florida would win flat out.

(Jun 13th, 2018, 06:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Good morning everyone !

Damn foreigner tryin' to take away an 'Murican job. LEAN TO SPEAK ENG......oh wait...LEARN TO USE PROPER 'MURICAN ENGLISH /s Tongue

(Honestly though Fuck H1B visas its being abused by companies who want to pay shit wages for God tier job requirements /IT rant)

You might want to seek some legal consoling with a lawyer who specializes in such cases. Or you might be able to utilize this: https://www.local10.com/consumer/leave-i...courthouse

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 13th, 2018, 04:47 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Well a tornado is kind of like a mini cycone IMO.

But I was doing total number of, not per sq. mile, which I feel is a better indicator. I assume if waterspouts (proper tornadic water spouts*, where the tornado just was over water and never hit land)were included in the tornado count Florida would win flat out.

(Jun 13th, 2018, 06:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Good morning everyone !

Damn foreigner tryin' to take away an 'Murican job. LEAN TO SPEAK ENG......oh wait...LEARN TO USE PROPER 'MURICAN ENGLISH /s Tongue

(Honestly though Fuck H1B visas its being abused by companies who want to pay shit wages for God tier job requirements /IT rant)

You might want to seek some legal consoling with a lawyer who specializes in such cases. Or you might be able to utilize this: https://www.local10.com/consumer/leave-i...courthouse
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Night, everyone.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Night, everyone.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
So I just saw the Nerd^3's video on Just Cause 4.... Damn it I want it now...damn it Not having a job.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
So I just saw the Nerd^3's video on Just Cause 4.... Damn it I want it now...damn it Not having a job.

Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
Damn I didn't even know they were releasing another Just Cause.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
Damn I didn't even know they were releasing another Just Cause.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I feel like it's important to listen to Tina Turner sometimes. I just find this to be a feel good song. 

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I feel like it's important to listen to Tina Turner sometimes. I just find this to be a feel good song. 

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jun 13th, 2018, 07:54 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Actually, I checked that same article, and it says Oklahoma wins on strong tornadoes per unit area, and EF 0 tornadoes aren't waterspouts. Tornadoes are defined by their potential damage-causing capability, not their point of origin, so EF 0 tornadoes are really really weak. It's just that an absolute crapton happen to spawn right over the middle of Florida.

Oh, Sony Vegas. Taking 50 minutes to render 30 minutes of video. If you weren't bought in a bundle of other crap for about 20 bucks, I wouldn't use you. Then again, I don't think there's anything that'll take the garbage file sizes that I'm using HAHA!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Actually, I checked that same article, and it says Oklahoma wins on strong tornadoes per unit area, and EF 0 tornadoes aren't waterspouts. Tornadoes are defined by their potential damage-causing capability, not their point of origin, so EF 0 tornadoes are really really weak. It's just that an absolute crapton happen to spawn right over the middle of Florida.

Oh, Sony Vegas. Taking 50 minutes to render 30 minutes of video. If you weren't bought in a bundle of other crap for about 20 bucks, I wouldn't use you. Then again, I don't think there's anything that'll take the garbage file sizes that I'm using HAHA!
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:52 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

1) The EF Scale is not on "potential damage-causing" its actual damage causing, if it was potential El Reno 2013 would have been an EF-5 as a DOW unit capture wind speeds that were in excess of 295 mph, but the damage created was only equal to an EF3. There was a shit storm over this in the weather community because before El Reno the EF scale was touted as a more empirical scale that took wind speed in to account and the types of trees and buildings in that area. Before it a tornado took out a town it would have been rated F5 due to complete destruction, even if the town was a shanty town of poorly constructed buildings, where the same tornado may have been an EF3 in a town that was mostly concrete buildings. But then with El Reno you had a ground level radar unit measuring ground speeds of a tornado, one that would empirically be rated EF5 due to its wind speeds (note the research group that did this often is contracted by the NWS), and the NWS going "naaahhh lets use less empirical damage"

2) Water spouts (of tornadic origin) are not classified as tornadoes if they do not hit land (I disagree with this, but that is how it is). Waterspouts can be created by different things which is why I included the qualifier "Tornadic origin". As soon as a Tornado hits water it is a waterspout too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout#tornadic

2.5) Non-Tornadic water spouts also tend to at most reach EF0 in terms of strength, again why I used the "tornadic origin" thing.

(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:32 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

that....that...hair...Good lord what type of drugs were people on in the 80s?!

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:52 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

1) The EF Scale is not on "potential damage-causing" its actual damage causing, if it was potential El Reno 2013 would have been an EF-5 as a DOW unit capture wind speeds that were in excess of 295 mph, but the damage created was only equal to an EF3. There was a shit storm over this in the weather community because before El Reno the EF scale was touted as a more empirical scale that took wind speed in to account and the types of trees and buildings in that area. Before it a tornado took out a town it would have been rated F5 due to complete destruction, even if the town was a shanty town of poorly constructed buildings, where the same tornado may have been an EF3 in a town that was mostly concrete buildings. But then with El Reno you had a ground level radar unit measuring ground speeds of a tornado, one that would empirically be rated EF5 due to its wind speeds (note the research group that did this often is contracted by the NWS), and the NWS going "naaahhh lets use less empirical damage"

2) Water spouts (of tornadic origin) are not classified as tornadoes if they do not hit land (I disagree with this, but that is how it is). Waterspouts can be created by different things which is why I included the qualifier "Tornadic origin". As soon as a Tornado hits water it is a waterspout too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout#tornadic

2.5) Non-Tornadic water spouts also tend to at most reach EF0 in terms of strength, again why I used the "tornadic origin" thing.

(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:32 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
pm Wrote:
All of them I imagine. xD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
pm Wrote:
All of them I imagine. xD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't think they were on any drugs in the 80's. Rather, they were still recovering from all of the drug use in the 70's. :^)
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't think they were on any drugs in the 80's. Rather, they were still recovering from all of the drug use in the 70's. :^)
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 04:09 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Actually, the 80s were just the 60s but with harder drugs. (70s was mostly pot, 60s was psychotics, and 80s were:
(Volume WARNING) https://puu.sh/rUYXN/b4e47f1e8e.mp3 )

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 04:09 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Actually, the 80s were just the 60s but with harder drugs. (70s was mostly pot, 60s was psychotics, and 80s were:
(Volume WARNING) https://puu.sh/rUYXN/b4e47f1e8e.mp3 )
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
And this is why no one can make jokes in this topic any more.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 06:39 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I was responding to your jest in jest! That was the whole point of me linking the audio file Sad

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 14th, 2018, 06:39 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I was responding to your jest in jest! That was the whole point of me linking the audio file Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,440 6 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,520 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,029 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,695 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM