Tales of Vesperia (Definitive Edition)
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: Bandai Namco Games
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date: Winter 2018

Tales of Vesperia is back with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. A remaster of one of the most beloved roleplaying games ever created! Experience a story like no other, complemented by a robust combat system, a memorable cast of characters and a soundtrack that you’ll be humming for a long time. Dive into the definitive version of Tales of Vesperia with characters and content never before seen in the west! Look for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, this winter.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: Bandai Namco Games
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date: Winter 2018

Tales of Vesperia is back with Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. A remaster of one of the most beloved roleplaying games ever created! Experience a story like no other, complemented by a robust combat system, a memorable cast of characters and a soundtrack that you’ll be humming for a long time. Dive into the definitive version of Tales of Vesperia with characters and content never before seen in the west! Look for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, this winter.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I definitely never heard of this one? How does this one compare to say Symphonia?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I definitely never heard of this one? How does this one compare to say Symphonia?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The answer to that is going to vary from person to person, but as someone whose first Tales game was Symphonia, I'd say that Vesperia crushes Symphonia in every way.

That's not to say ToS is bad, but rather that ToV is just that good. ToV has by far the best protagonist in any Tales game, and one of the best protags in gaming period, in Yuri, and the rest of the cast is pretty good too. Music is super solid, story is solid for a Tales games and the game has tons and tons of stuff to do.

It's a great experience from start to finish, and I'm really excited about the prospect of this news for all of the people who never got to play ToV before.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The answer to that is going to vary from person to person, but as someone whose first Tales game was Symphonia, I'd say that Vesperia crushes Symphonia in every way.

That's not to say ToS is bad, but rather that ToV is just that good. ToV has by far the best protagonist in any Tales game, and one of the best protags in gaming period, in Yuri, and the rest of the cast is pretty good too. Music is super solid, story is solid for a Tales games and the game has tons and tons of stuff to do.

It's a great experience from start to finish, and I'm really excited about the prospect of this news for all of the people who never got to play ToV before.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw about this earlier today. If this is one of the more popular Tales games, I can definitely see it happening what with the popularity of remastering fan favourite games lately. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw about this earlier today. If this is one of the more popular Tales games, I can definitely see it happening what with the popularity of remastering fan favourite games lately. Tongue
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been saying for the last two or three years that Bamco would 100% do a ToV Remaster because there is no way they'd sit on a gold mine that big and not do anything about it. So many people told me I was wrong and stupid for ever thinking they would do it.

Well, guess who was right. Again. :^)
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been saying for the last two or three years that Bamco would 100% do a ToV Remaster because there is no way they'd sit on a gold mine that big and not do anything about it. So many people told me I was wrong and stupid for ever thinking they would do it.

Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition has been officially announced at Microsoft's E3 conference.

It will include all of the PS3-exclusive content that the west never got. It's set to release in Winter 2018. It will release for the PS4, PC and Xbox One according to the information I could find.

This topic will be edited to be the official topic for the game once I can confirm all the needed information.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition has been officially announced at Microsoft's E3 conference.

It will include all of the PS3-exclusive content that the west never got. It's set to release in Winter 2018. It will release for the PS4, PC and Xbox One according to the information I could find.

This topic will be edited to be the official topic for the game once I can confirm all the needed information.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I love the banter going on between Bandai Namco and the official Tales of... page on Twitter following this announcement, especially this thread:

Along with the replies on here: https://twitter.com/TalesofU/with_replies
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I love the banter going on between Bandai Namco and the official Tales of... page on Twitter following this announcement, especially this thread:

Along with the replies on here: https://twitter.com/TalesofU/with_replies
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Original post is updated with the trailer and information on the game.

All aboard the hype train, choo choo!
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Original post is updated with the trailer and information on the game.

All aboard the hype train, choo choo!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
This games look really good! The hardest question is what system will I pick it up for? PC gives me the nice ability to re-download it to any PC I want, but I'm not sure how well the Tales port to the PC are. The nicest looking one will definitely be the PS4 version, but the Switch offers you that really nice portability so you could play it on a long road trip.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
This games look really good! The hardest question is what system will I pick it up for? PC gives me the nice ability to re-download it to any PC I want, but I'm not sure how well the Tales port to the PC are. The nicest looking one will definitely be the PS4 version, but the Switch offers you that really nice portability so you could play it on a long road trip.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd suggest getting it on the PS4, most PC versions of console games don't translate over very well control wise. That & I really can't see the Switch handling this game very well, & will probably be laggy in monster battles.

I might be the rebel & get my copy for Xbone. Tongue
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd suggest getting it on the PS4, most PC versions of console games don't translate over very well control wise. That & I really can't see the Switch handling this game very well, & will probably be laggy in monster battles.

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jun 7th, 2018, 12:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

mind your business. I can admit it. such a bully.

not that I'm not excited regardless! there so much ps3 content that most westerners never got to touch

(Jun 11th, 2018, 04:46 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Actually, so far, all the tales ports on pc are praised. you have all the graphical customization options expected of modern pc games and the controls are just fine. the game was meant to be played with a gamepad so just use one on pc. they're not expensive anyway. iirc, berseria was optimized wonderfully and had no hiccups
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jun 7th, 2018, 12:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

mind your business. I can admit it. such a bully.

not that I'm not excited regardless! there so much ps3 content that most westerners never got to touch

(Jun 11th, 2018, 04:46 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Actually, so far, all the tales ports on pc are praised. you have all the graphical customization options expected of modern pc games and the controls are just fine. the game was meant to be played with a gamepad so just use one on pc. they're not expensive anyway. iirc, berseria was optimized wonderfully and had no hiccups
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 11th, 2018, 03:35 PM)Yuri Wrote:

PS4 or PC. If the Switch port of Dark Souls is any indication, it'll always be the lesser of the options.

(Jun 11th, 2018, 06:23 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Almost true. The Tales of Symphonia PC port was a pretty bad trainwreck at first, with constant crashes and a lot of customization options unavailable. It wasn't until Bamco did some work patching it (along with patches from modders) that the game became a decent port.

I haven't heard anything bad about the ToZ or ToB ports though, so Bamco seemed to have learned their lesson the first time with ToS.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 11th, 2018, 03:35 PM)Yuri Wrote:

PS4 or PC. If the Switch port of Dark Souls is any indication, it'll always be the lesser of the options.

(Jun 11th, 2018, 06:23 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Almost true. The Tales of Symphonia PC port was a pretty bad trainwreck at first, with constant crashes and a lot of customization options unavailable. It wasn't until Bamco did some work patching it (along with patches from modders) that the game became a decent port.

I haven't heard anything bad about the ToZ or ToB ports though, so Bamco seemed to have learned their lesson the first time with ToS.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 06:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

was it that bad? I don't really remember tbh.

well porting games shouldn't be as hard anymore anyway since the architecture of modern consoles is similar enough to pcs iirc
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 06:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

was it that bad? I don't really remember tbh.

well porting games shouldn't be as hard anymore anyway since the architecture of modern consoles is similar enough to pcs iirc
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably the most important Tales game needing a remaster for this generation. Finally indeed. Is it really the first time the West is getting this? As in a proper release.

Wish I was more into Tales though, but this seems like THE game to get if you were to get a game from the series.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably the most important Tales game needing a remaster for this generation. Finally indeed. Is it really the first time the West is getting this? As in a proper release.

Wish I was more into Tales though, but this seems like THE game to get if you were to get a game from the series.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's not the first time the west is getting the game. We got the original XBox 360 version. This is the first time the west is getting the PS3 version of the game, which has extra content over the 360 version. Basically the same situation as Tales of Symphonia, where the PS2 version had more content, but the west never got that version of the game until the PS3 remaster a few years back.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's not the first time the west is getting the game. We got the original XBox 360 version. This is the first time the west is getting the PS3 version of the game, which has extra content over the 360 version. Basically the same situation as Tales of Symphonia, where the PS2 version had more content, but the west never got that version of the game until the PS3 remaster a few years back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tales of Arise ShiraNoMai 11 6,956 Sep 8th, 2021, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Moonface