Gaming Youtubers
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Did anyone here ever get to watch a channel called "Angry Spanish Video Game Nerd"? As the name implies, it was a knock-off AVGN, but it was hosted by a kid that probably hadn't even turned 13 at the time and recorded thru a webcam and incredibly poor mic.

It was very charming on its cheapness, but sadly, it seems everything related has long been deleted.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Did anyone here ever get to watch a channel called "Angry Spanish Video Game Nerd"? As the name implies, it was a knock-off AVGN, but it was hosted by a kid that probably hadn't even turned 13 at the time and recorded thru a webcam and incredibly poor mic.

It was very charming on its cheapness, but sadly, it seems everything related has long been deleted.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 11:55 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I tend to watch; Jim Sterling, Zero Punctuation with Yahtzee, Arlo, & Angry Joe. I don't watch many youtube gamer channels though, I like to play though them myself instead of watching other gamers play through them.. Except for Catherine, cause I know I'd have issues with the whole timer thing in the game & when I watched theRadBrad play it all the way through, it was just great. He had this whole stick about telling the sheep; "take it sheep & take it deep." I loved his play through & went back to him to see if I'd enjoy playing through the Dead Space Series, long story short it's his fault that I decided to try playing through the first Dead Space game. xD

I use to watch Jim Sterling too when the whole drama over the assets flips started but I find Jim a way too "holier then thou" (and not the God bless Jim Sterling thing..)

I take issue with his stance that Valve needs to be quility control for Steam games, he was criticizing a game that had a retail release a decade ago saying it shouldn't be on steam now. (the game was shit yes, but 1) it worked unlike some games on steam (e.g. Fallout3 on Windows 7 and above) 2) it had an actual retail release why are you not also targeting GameStop, Target, Wal Mart, etc then.

If a game is objectively broken (e.g. it barely runs on most/every computer) then yes it should be pulled, or if the game has spyware pull it out.

I am sure this is obvious but I watch Yahtzee too. (After all he did coin the term "PC Master Race"....)

Angry Joe eehh he was/is okay but speaking of Channel Awesome Bundy, I am once again going to plug Larry Bundy Jr.

(Jun 9th, 2018, 12:18 AM)Tsu Wrote:

So a knock off of a knockoff (AVGN -> Angry Joe -> this kid)?

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 11:55 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I tend to watch; Jim Sterling, Zero Punctuation with Yahtzee, Arlo, & Angry Joe. I don't watch many youtube gamer channels though, I like to play though them myself instead of watching other gamers play through them.. Except for Catherine, cause I know I'd have issues with the whole timer thing in the game & when I watched theRadBrad play it all the way through, it was just great. He had this whole stick about telling the sheep; "take it sheep & take it deep." I loved his play through & went back to him to see if I'd enjoy playing through the Dead Space Series, long story short it's his fault that I decided to try playing through the first Dead Space game. xD

I use to watch Jim Sterling too when the whole drama over the assets flips started but I find Jim a way too "holier then thou" (and not the God bless Jim Sterling thing..)

I take issue with his stance that Valve needs to be quility control for Steam games, he was criticizing a game that had a retail release a decade ago saying it shouldn't be on steam now. (the game was shit yes, but 1) it worked unlike some games on steam (e.g. Fallout3 on Windows 7 and above) 2) it had an actual retail release why are you not also targeting GameStop, Target, Wal Mart, etc then.

If a game is objectively broken (e.g. it barely runs on most/every computer) then yes it should be pulled, or if the game has spyware pull it out.

I am sure this is obvious but I watch Yahtzee too. (After all he did coin the term "PC Master Race"....)

Angry Joe eehh he was/is okay but speaking of Channel Awesome Bundy, I am once again going to plug Larry Bundy Jr.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Bullseye! Grin

But I think he was better than Angry Joe, even if only because the production quality was so low-end 2005.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Bullseye! Grin

But I think he was better than Angry Joe, even if only because the production quality was so low-end 2005.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153
Persona 
Vertiigo is who I primarily watch. He started out uploading Rust videos but has since expanded into playing other games. Pretty cool lad.
Relic Offline
Destroyer's End
Currently Playing
Rome 2: Total War
Favourite Platform(s)
Xbox One, PC
XP: 153 Persona 
Vertiigo is who I primarily watch. He started out uploading Rust videos but has since expanded into playing other games. Pretty cool lad.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, how could I forget to plug DLJ?! DarkLordJadow1 is a very entertaining reviewer in the vein of the Spoony One (though not as insane), but clearly has is own original style to him, as well as a commitment to his work I have never seen from someone who's not a full-time reviewer. I mean, for God's sake, he's re-done the classic Spiderman Theme for two separate jokes! The whole theme, too! He's also done an 80-minute long epic on Metroid Other M, has played through the entirety of Superman 64 and he very clearly has an understanding into what goes into a game without having gone to school for it (he went to school as a Mechanical Engineer). He's CRIMINALLY undersubbed, and he deserves a watch of his stuff (though I'll be honest, he doesn't really start getting good until his Jaws: Ultimate Predator review, and really picks up his stride at Superman 64)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, how could I forget to plug DLJ?! DarkLordJadow1 is a very entertaining reviewer in the vein of the Spoony One (though not as insane), but clearly has is own original style to him, as well as a commitment to his work I have never seen from someone who's not a full-time reviewer. I mean, for God's sake, he's re-done the classic Spiderman Theme for two separate jokes! The whole theme, too! He's also done an 80-minute long epic on Metroid Other M, has played through the entirety of Superman 64 and he very clearly has an understanding into what goes into a game without having gone to school for it (he went to school as a Mechanical Engineer). He's CRIMINALLY undersubbed, and he deserves a watch of his stuff (though I'll be honest, he doesn't really start getting good until his Jaws: Ultimate Predator review, and really picks up his stride at Superman 64)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 11:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
A good gaming channel that I've found is Mark Brown. He runs a series called "Game Maker's Tool Kit", which is a series about game design. He gives very poignant insights into design decisions, breaking them down to explain what they do, and why they might be useful. But I think there are two episodes that perfectly encapsulate the series: What Makes Good AI? and How Game Designers Protect Players from Themselves. Both of these, IMO, are a must watch not just for game designers, but for gamers in general.

If you like Mark Brown, you'll love Extra Credits, then. It's my favorite YouTube series because of those same reasons of it being very insightful and informative of game design, marketing and history. I tend to listen to it while I work because it's pretty much just audio with drawn depictions of what's being talked about it illustrate points.

I'm not big into YouTube gaming community, mostly because I find a lot of it to be overplayed and structurally faulty in how most people frame their content. I find it more interesting to hear from people who've worked in the industry or have experience in a realm of it at the very least, or are just very good at what they do (either at a particular game or aspect of it). I've found more streaming content joy out of Twitch, which I mostly just follow speedrunner-turned-variety streamer Trihex and a handful of others.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 8th, 2018, 11:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
A good gaming channel that I've found is Mark Brown. He runs a series called "Game Maker's Tool Kit", which is a series about game design. He gives very poignant insights into design decisions, breaking them down to explain what they do, and why they might be useful. But I think there are two episodes that perfectly encapsulate the series: What Makes Good AI? and How Game Designers Protect Players from Themselves. Both of these, IMO, are a must watch not just for game designers, but for gamers in general.

If you like Mark Brown, you'll love Extra Credits, then. It's my favorite YouTube series because of those same reasons of it being very insightful and informative of game design, marketing and history. I tend to listen to it while I work because it's pretty much just audio with drawn depictions of what's being talked about it illustrate points.

I'm not big into YouTube gaming community, mostly because I find a lot of it to be overplayed and structurally faulty in how most people frame their content. I find it more interesting to hear from people who've worked in the industry or have experience in a realm of it at the very least, or are just very good at what they do (either at a particular game or aspect of it). I've found more streaming content joy out of Twitch, which I mostly just follow speedrunner-turned-variety streamer Trihex and a handful of others.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I was recently reminded of Rinry GameGame. She was a really fine YouTuber with a bunch of top-notch content and interesting ideas (in fact, she was pretty dominant when her videos were being put out regularly) but, unfortunately, she seems to have vanished entirely.

Her channel and all social-media accounts have been death in the water for four years now, and it is a shame, given that she was constant with her quality and had some really fresh ideas that were a delight to watch (there's also some of her videos that are MIA, don't know what's up with that).
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I was recently reminded of Rinry GameGame. She was a really fine YouTuber with a bunch of top-notch content and interesting ideas (in fact, she was pretty dominant when her videos were being put out regularly) but, unfortunately, she seems to have vanished entirely.

Her channel and all social-media accounts have been death in the water for four years now, and it is a shame, given that she was constant with her quality and had some really fresh ideas that were a delight to watch (there's also some of her videos that are MIA, don't know what's up with that).
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I feel I would be remiss if I didn't introduce you all to Summoning Salt. Now, despite what the name might lead you to believe, he doesn't do compilations on gamers getting salty (that's what gladJonas is for). No, he instead does videos discussing the World Record progression of video game speedruns (or, in the case of Donkey Kong, high scores). Now, while speedrunning isn't really my thing, the guy really does put a lot of work into the vids, and clearly researches the appropriate topics to be able to explain and discuss properly the game in question as well as their various absurd skips. But, speedrunners being speedrunners, sometimes he gets shown up; just last night, he released a video on Sonic Adventure 2, and about 2 hours after the video dropped, the world record he finished on was already beaten.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I feel I would be remiss if I didn't introduce you all to Summoning Salt. Now, despite what the name might lead you to believe, he doesn't do compilations on gamers getting salty (that's what gladJonas is for). No, he instead does videos discussing the World Record progression of video game speedruns (or, in the case of Donkey Kong, high scores). Now, while speedrunning isn't really my thing, the guy really does put a lot of work into the vids, and clearly researches the appropriate topics to be able to explain and discuss properly the game in question as well as their various absurd skips. But, speedrunners being speedrunners, sometimes he gets shown up; just last night, he released a video on Sonic Adventure 2, and about 2 hours after the video dropped, the world record he finished on was already beaten.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:10 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

If you want popcorn drama Apollo Legend has vidoes on him explaining how (or at lease draws suspicion) to some speed runners and was part of the reason why Billy Mitchell got outted.

Some Ordinary Gamers covers some games, including from North Korea (and RedStarOS) along with some virus/security stuff and deepweb stuff.

SovietWomble Random Bullshittery videos are amazing at the very lease you should watch this one:

It gets soo good and the ARMA Devs mention this video in their weekly news letter.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:10 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

If you want popcorn drama Apollo Legend has vidoes on him explaining how (or at lease draws suspicion) to some speed runners and was part of the reason why Billy Mitchell got outted.

Some Ordinary Gamers covers some games, including from North Korea (and RedStarOS) along with some virus/security stuff and deepweb stuff.

SovietWomble Random Bullshittery videos are amazing at the very lease you should watch this one:

It gets soo good and the ARMA Devs mention this video in their weekly news letter.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I’m not too familiar with the different youtubers but I love Metal Jesus Rocks and Classic Game Room.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I’m not too familiar with the different youtubers but I love Metal Jesus Rocks and Classic Game Room.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
As of recently, I've started to watch The Know & I tend to find some of the people on there interesting when they talk about something I care about, but dull when not. XD Idk, I know it might sound flighty of me to say that, but there ya go.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
As of recently, I've started to watch The Know & I tend to find some of the people on there interesting when they talk about something I care about, but dull when not. XD Idk, I know it might sound flighty of me to say that, but there ya go.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Well... for some reason Emma Blackery deleted BirdyBoots (her gaming channel).

Man, if someone hadn't already re-uploaded a bunch of those videos as an archive, I'd be pissed. Those were high quality gameplays.

Wonder why she just threw it all down the drain like that.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

Man, if someone hadn't already re-uploaded a bunch of those videos as an archive, I'd be pissed. Those were high quality gameplays.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 21st, 2018, 02:54 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

My guess she wasn't pulling in the numbers to make it worth while, after all Emma is also a singer and a blogger person whose whole brand/career is on that.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

My guess she wasn't pulling in the numbers to make it worth while, after all Emma is also a singer and a blogger person whose whole brand/career is on that.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 21st, 2018, 02:59 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

It is true that her channel was low on views, subs and love... but she was making it work with the sheer amount of content and quality printed on it.

I'd personally just leave it there, collecting ad-revenue.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

It is true that her channel was low on views, subs and love... but she was making it work with the sheer amount of content and quality printed on it.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 21st, 2018, 03:02 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Maybe image issue or something, I forgot about Emma until you talked about her in another topic and I only know her as "That girl who did some videos with Barry and Ashens"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 21st, 2018, 03:02 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Maybe image issue or something, I forgot about Emma until you talked about her in another topic and I only know her as "That girl who did some videos with Barry and Ashens"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Gaming Purchase Mr EliteL 358 125,377 Yesterday, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 78 Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,541 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 3,924 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,720 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface