:monocle:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
What's on the gaming playlist lately, my ol' friend? Grin Welcome back
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Mar 21st, 2023, 10:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I take it you're at the same 7/11 still?
Yeah. same ol same ol but I think I'm going to make moves to change all that. I don't really enjoy it anymore because my new boss, recently promoted, is a clueless dick and bugs the shit outta me. 
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 04:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Let me see. 

Ff7 mod called Echo-S7. Fans added voice acting to vanilla FF7. Figured I'd just mod the shit outta it like upgraded textures, models, ambient sound, etc.

Metroid Zero Mission romhack called Desolation! it's new and I like it so far. 

Forspoken but I've barely played until SQEX fix the issues on PC because they're fucking morons. 

Finishing the Stanger of Paradise DLC but it's fucking haaaard. fuck it. 

And my bro has been playing every FF on twitch which has made me want to play every FF, hence why I got the FF7 mods working, so I got the Pixel Remasters, FF7, 8, 9, 10/10-2, 12, all the 13s, and 15. Some I got on my own, some from my friend since we're sharing steam libraries.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Yeah. same ol same ol but I think I'm going to make moves to change all that. I don't really enjoy it anymore because my new boss, recently promoted, is a clueless dick and bugs the shit outta me. 
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 04:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Let me see. 

Ff7 mod called Echo-S7. Fans added voice acting to vanilla FF7. Figured I'd just mod the shit outta it like upgraded textures, models, ambient sound, etc.

Metroid Zero Mission romhack called Desolation! it's new and I like it so far. 

Forspoken but I've barely played until SQEX fix the issues on PC because they're fucking morons. 

Finishing the Stanger of Paradise DLC but it's fucking haaaard. fuck it. 

And my bro has been playing every FF on twitch which has made me want to play every FF, hence why I got the FF7 mods working, so I got the Pixel Remasters, FF7, 8, 9, 10/10-2, 12, all the 13s, and 15. Some I got on my own, some from my friend since we're sharing steam libraries.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:41 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I thought you were in charge of the place? Or is this new boss someone above you like a regional manager of 7/11's in the area or something? Been a while so I can't remember all the details but I know we've talked about it before. XD

Hoping this one didn't come up before and I forgot about that too, but what's the origin behind your username(s)? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:41 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I thought you were in charge of the place? Or is this new boss someone above you like a regional manager of 7/11's in the area or something? Been a while so I can't remember all the details but I know we've talked about it before. XD

Hoping this one didn't come up before and I forgot about that too, but what's the origin behind your username(s)? Hmm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah. he's my Area Leader, aka my DM. he's a dipshit who thinks he knows it all but doesn't know basic shit like ordering products in a brand new store

edit: I forgot to actually answer your question lmao

uhhh i had a bunch of usernames but at one time it was just o.q

yes. it was "o.q" which eventually evolved into monocle. I even got a monocle for Christmas one year lmao
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah. he's my Area Leader, aka my DM. he's a dipshit who thinks he knows it all but doesn't know basic shit like ordering products in a brand new store

edit: I forgot to actually answer your question lmao

uhhh i had a bunch of usernames but at one time it was just o.q

yes. it was "o.q" which eventually evolved into monocle. I even got a monocle for Christmas one year lmao
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing you write o.q makes me really think I asked this before now... ROFL

Okay I know I never asked this one! Since you're a big fan of emulation, is there something about emulation that hasn't happened yet that you're hoping to see happen some day?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing you write o.q makes me really think I asked this before now... ROFL

Okay I know I never asked this one! Since you're a big fan of emulation, is there something about emulation that hasn't happened yet that you're hoping to see happen some day?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's a really good question actually. Emulation already does so much. Running games at internal resolutions they can't run on consoles, save states, adding graphics settings, built in cheat engines, applying mods and patches on the fly instead of actually modifying the files itself, and so much more.

I guess I'd like to an internal network system built into the emulators. A lot of them need 3rd party programs to play with others online instead of being able to create rooms/servers for the emulated games to connect to so you could play all those older games with friends after these companies have shut down their servers. imagine playing Melee, which had no online, with friends online because the emulator tricks the game into thinking player two is playing locally but they're across the planet.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's a really good question actually. Emulation already does so much. Running games at internal resolutions they can't run on consoles, save states, adding graphics settings, built in cheat engines, applying mods and patches on the fly instead of actually modifying the files itself, and so much more.

I guess I'd like to an internal network system built into the emulators. A lot of them need 3rd party programs to play with others online instead of being able to create rooms/servers for the emulated games to connect to so you could play all those older games with friends after these companies have shut down their servers. imagine playing Melee, which had no online, with friends online because the emulator tricks the game into thinking player two is playing locally but they're across the planet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2023, 12:21 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Ooh, that's a really good one actually! It reminds me of how I've been wanting to try and figure out if I can make Crash Bash (PS1) run on emulation with the ability to play multiplayer on it so I can play sessions of it with my dad again. Lost the ability to do that when I moved out but saw some YouTube videos a while back of people playing some old WWE games that would no longer have online play (if they even had it at all) but they had found some way to make them have online functionality again to the extent of being able to play the games together due to the group not living near each other.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2023, 12:21 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Ooh, that's a really good one actually! It reminds me of how I've been wanting to try and figure out if I can make Crash Bash (PS1) run on emulation with the ability to play multiplayer on it so I can play sessions of it with my dad again. Lost the ability to do that when I moved out but saw some YouTube videos a while back of people playing some old WWE games that would no longer have online play (if they even had it at all) but they had found some way to make them have online functionality again to the extent of being able to play the games together due to the group not living near each other.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm sure there is a way but it depends on the emulator itself and the 3rd party program. They gotta mesh well enough without crashing. Plus the other person would need the same emulator and 3rd party program set to the same settings as you so you both connect. See how it becomes a big pain
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm sure there is a way but it depends on the emulator itself and the 3rd party program. They gotta mesh well enough without crashing. Plus the other person would need the same emulator and 3rd party program set to the same settings as you so you both connect. See how it becomes a big pain
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2023, 03:24 AM)Monocle Wrote:
So I'd been meaning to reply to this when I finally remembered what the heck the program was I saw that people had been using on other old games to make them playable online, and found the post I made a few years ago where I shared my discovery of a thing called Parsec. Have you heard of it before @Monocle?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2023, 03:24 AM)Monocle Wrote:
So I'd been meaning to reply to this when I finally remembered what the heck the program was I saw that people had been using on other old games to make them playable online, and found the post I made a few years ago where I shared my discovery of a thing called Parsec. Have you heard of it before @Monocle?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
No idea what that is but I'll do some research on it. It's been a while since I've had to use these programs to play local games online so I don't remember the names as well.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
No idea what that is but I'll do some research on it. It's been a while since I've had to use these programs to play local games online so I don't remember the names as well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I assume you did used to play games that were local only in an online capacity? Do you remember what games you played? I'm curious. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I assume you did used to play games that were local only in an online capacity? Do you remember what games you played? I'm curious. Smile