Super Mario RPG (Remake)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Super Mario RPG Remake | New and Old Music Options
Nintendo UK have revealed that players will be able to switch between the original music and newly-arranged music in Super Mario RPG Remake, a preview of which can be listened to in the below Tweet:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Super Mario RPG Remake | New and Old Music Options
Nintendo UK have revealed that players will be able to switch between the original music and newly-arranged music in Super Mario RPG Remake, a preview of which can be listened to in the below Tweet:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I watched a trailer that only released in Japan and man, the game is looking amazing. Everything looks exactly like it did in the original, except obviously newer graphics.

What really has me happy is that apparently the script is exactly the same. Nintendo barely changed anything and it's almost a 1:1 copy from the original. All of the references and jokes and such are still in there. The only "big" changes they made from what I've read is that they changed Peach's name from "Princess Toadstool" in the original to "Princess Peach", to better match current day Mario. They also changed the name of the character "Frogfucius" to "Frog Sage" which seems like a pretty pointless change to me, but at least it's a harmless one.

They kept in the Easter egg where when you check Peach's dresser, it says "Found Peach's ????", obviously referring to finding her undergarments, so 10/10 remake good job not being afraid to keep that in Nintendo.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I watched a trailer that only released in Japan and man, the game is looking amazing. Everything looks exactly like it did in the original, except obviously newer graphics.

What really has me happy is that apparently the script is exactly the same. Nintendo barely changed anything and it's almost a 1:1 copy from the original. All of the references and jokes and such are still in there. The only "big" changes they made from what I've read is that they changed Peach's name from "Princess Toadstool" in the original to "Princess Peach", to better match current day Mario. They also changed the name of the character "Frogfucius" to "Frog Sage" which seems like a pretty pointless change to me, but at least it's a harmless one.

They kept in the Easter egg where when you check Peach's dresser, it says "Found Peach's ????", obviously referring to finding her undergarments, so 10/10 remake good job not being afraid to keep that in Nintendo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I assume this is the trailer you saw @Dragon Lord?

I have no idea why Nintendo haven't released anything on their western channels for this game considering it comes out in 10 days. I bet we also don't even get a trailer close to this one either. Errm

Having not played the OG I don't have a lot of clue what is going on in the trailer without any English, but the game does look really good, especially after not seeing footage of it since the Direct in September. I also never realized how much of the music I've heard before but never knew it was from this game. XD

While looking for the JP trailer I came across this video going over all the pre-order bonuses. I don't really take interest in videos from creators I don't know that feature a webcam because I expect them to be full of fluff and padding, but I was curious enough about all the bonuses to ignore that if this video had it. For anyone who wants a quick rundown though here's everything the video covers:
  • (0:40) 6-piece Badge/Button Set, each with one of the five playable characters plus the game logo - Gamestop
  • (1:45) Keychain featuring the playable characters - Walmart Canada
  • (2:40) Pin featuring all the playable characters, plus one of three plushies (Mario, Bowser, or Peach) - Amazon Japan
  • (3:40) Themed pouch - Rakuten
  • (4:15) Themed pouch (different to Rakuten's) - Seven Net
  • (4:35) Keychain featuring the playable characters (different to Walmart Canada's) - WonderGoo
  • (4:54) Acrylic stand featuring the cover art - HMV & Books
  • (5:24) Tote bag - Nojima Online
  • (6:05) Acrylic standee featuring the cover art, plus a keychain of Geno - Nintendo Store UK
  • (6:19) A set of five pins of each main character for paying a little extra for the Nintendo Store UK pre-order above
Not surprised the UK has some of the best offerings for bonuses out of all those above. I find usually when other countries aren't really doing anything great that the UK will tend to offer something really good.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I assume this is the trailer you saw @Dragon Lord?

I have no idea why Nintendo haven't released anything on their western channels for this game considering it comes out in 10 days. I bet we also don't even get a trailer close to this one either. Errm

Having not played the OG I don't have a lot of clue what is going on in the trailer without any English, but the game does look really good, especially after not seeing footage of it since the Direct in September. I also never realized how much of the music I've heard before but never knew it was from this game. XD

While looking for the JP trailer I came across this video going over all the pre-order bonuses. I don't really take interest in videos from creators I don't know that feature a webcam because I expect them to be full of fluff and padding, but I was curious enough about all the bonuses to ignore that if this video had it. For anyone who wants a quick rundown though here's everything the video covers:
  • (0:40) 6-piece Badge/Button Set, each with one of the five playable characters plus the game logo - Gamestop
  • (1:45) Keychain featuring the playable characters - Walmart Canada
  • (2:40) Pin featuring all the playable characters, plus one of three plushies (Mario, Bowser, or Peach) - Amazon Japan
  • (3:40) Themed pouch - Rakuten
  • (4:15) Themed pouch (different to Rakuten's) - Seven Net
  • (4:35) Keychain featuring the playable characters (different to Walmart Canada's) - WonderGoo
  • (4:54) Acrylic stand featuring the cover art - HMV & Books
  • (5:24) Tote bag - Nojima Online
  • (6:05) Acrylic standee featuring the cover art, plus a keychain of Geno - Nintendo Store UK
  • (6:19) A set of five pins of each main character for paying a little extra for the Nintendo Store UK pre-order above
Not surprised the UK has some of the best offerings for bonuses out of all those above. I find usually when other countries aren't really doing anything great that the UK will tend to offer something really good.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I just ordered my physical copy off Amazon today. I can't wait to play again.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I just ordered my physical copy off Amazon today. I can't wait to play again.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, it's weird how quiet NoA has been on this game the closer we get to release, while the JP account has been promoting the game constantly.

I am very much looking forward to spending the first few days of my vacation binging this game. Gonna go pick up a copy Friday morning, since Amazon has been unbelievably unreliable at shipping things at a decent time. I'll just go get a copy myself and actually guarantee that I have it on release day.

@Moonface Yeah, this game has some legendary tracks in it. One of my favorite game OSTs of all time. The power of classic 90s Square Soft before they merged with Enix and went to complete shit.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, it's weird how quiet NoA has been on this game the closer we get to release, while the JP account has been promoting the game constantly.

I am very much looking forward to spending the first few days of my vacation binging this game. Gonna go pick up a copy Friday morning, since Amazon has been unbelievably unreliable at shipping things at a decent time. I'll just go get a copy myself and actually guarantee that I have it on release day.

@Moonface Yeah, this game has some legendary tracks in it. One of my favorite game OSTs of all time. The power of classic 90s Square Soft before they merged with Enix and went to complete shit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 24 8,670 3 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Moonface 94 11,719 Feb 16th, 2024, 04:22 PM
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 190 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Mario Kart (Series) | MK8D Wave 6 Courses Mr EliteL 80 18,664 Nov 1st, 2023, 08:57 PM
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,978 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda