Summer Meltdown 2018 Begins Soon!
Get ready for our hottest event of the Summer as we host a variety of contests and activities where you'll get the chance to win some amazing prizes from our biggest prize pool in history!

Custom Controllers
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Currently Playing
Dying Light (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Have you seen or do you own any custom controllers? I don't own any myself, but I've seen a couple that are really awesome: Horizon Zero Dawn | God of War

However, the best thing I've seen was at MegaCon in Orlando just over a week ago, where a company called Controller Chaos was showing off a ridiculous amount of custom stuff, including consoles: https://www.controllerchaos.com/
[Image: Spyro.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Tsu Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 598.82 XP
I have a PS3 one that someone else customized into being Lionel Messi-themed.

It's not just an aesthetic thing, though; the whole thing is heavier and bulkier (but doesn't immediately turn it into a hindrance while playing, which I think it's awesome).
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Dragon Lord Offline
Lv. 99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Atelier Lydie & Suelle ~The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings~ | Tokyo Xanadu | Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 313.49 XP
Hastune Miku Hastune Miku Hastune Miku 
I don't own any custom controllers myself. Most of them look god awful and are not worth the extra money. I'm more than happy with just having a plain controller.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Yuri Offline
Could you please die for me?
Currently Playing
Crazy amount of games.
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 813.15 XP
Animal Crossing Bioshock Splatoon 
I would love to pick up some custom controllers my problem is I don't think I can justify the price. I manage to justify the different color joy-cons for my Switch cause pink and green is a nice combo! XD
[Image: AliceJackFrostTransparent.png]
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Newcomer
XP: 161.84 XP
The closest thing to a custom controller I've ever owned would be those off-brand pieces of crap you'd find in a dollar store. You know, the PS1 controllers where the buttons are slightly too far apart, and rather than being the typical shape were more like a semicircle. Ick.

I wouldn't buy an actual custom one myself. I mostly see custom controllers touted as being synonymous with 'turbo' controllers, which tend to be frowned upon when playing online games. That or just straight up hacked controllers, which are equally dumb.
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv. 99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Atelier Lydie & Suelle ~The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings~ | Tokyo Xanadu | Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 313.49 XP
Hastune Miku Hastune Miku Hastune Miku 
(06-19-2018, 03:43 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
The closest thing to a custom controller I've ever owned would be those off-brand pieces of crap you'd find in a dollar store. You know, the PS1 controllers where the buttons are slightly too far apart, and rather than being the typical shape were more like a semicircle. Ick.

Ah, third-party controllers. They used to be pretty decent back in the PS2 and Gamecube days. Equal to, if not better, than official ones. Unfortunately after that era of gaming, third-party controllers went to shit and now they're not worth anything. Which sucks because it's nearly impossible to find a new, official PS3 controller, so if you want a new one, you're forced to buy a crappy third-party one that will stop working after a few days, or a few weeks if you're lucky. Unfortunately the DS4 isn't compatible with all PS3 games either.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | TTT2
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 973.14 XP
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
I made a mistake of buying a third party PS3 controller, after failing to find a decent alternative. I don't know why I thought the left analogue and directional buttons swapping places would be interesting to try, but just isn't. XD I do have a third party PS2 controller which looks just like an official one without the SONY logo in the center. Excellent controller.

For custom controllers, most don't look good, well in their own way perhaps but not one for me. The Tron-like controllers look the best for me. The Horizon and God Of War ones looks good too.

I think arcade joysticks are the best to customise, being that there's a lot of space to work with, putting images on open spaces and around the buttons. Even home made sticks look interesting with changing the shape. Here's a few I've picked out, plus how about this custom TMNT Arcade cabinet?!
[Image: Hazamasig.png]