Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
New Donk City is pretty much guaranteed to be a stage by that shot of Pauline and her band with Mario. Waiting for the Stages section on the site to be available. Don't remember seeing an Odyssey stage on the E3 build stage select yet though. Of course there'll be more stage than them.

A Subspace Emissary type adventure, or Smash-Run like mode would be sweet indeed. Grin Just...nothing like what Wii U had.

Agree Hotspot, so glad Daisy is in. I wish she didn't have to use a Toad though, would've been cool to see her do a different counter maybe. Pulls out a golf club to parry, perhaps. Since that was the first game outside of Super Mario Land she appeared in. Also hope she has her own taunts, I know we've seen one so far that is slightly different to Peach's. Also that she has a different attribute, slightly heavier, faster, stronger hits, or something else. She has Peach (Daisy) Bomber too, but no heart appears, so perhaps that's different. Couldn't tell by what we saw.

Does anybody think there's going to be anymore newcomers or newcomers as an Echo Fighter? Also, who and how many? So far we have 68, which is already a big roster. I'm hoping for a total of 70. There could be chances for more though with Echo Fighters, so hmm.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
New Donk City is pretty much guaranteed to be a stage by that shot of Pauline and her band with Mario. Waiting for the Stages section on the site to be available. Don't remember seeing an Odyssey stage on the E3 build stage select yet though. Of course there'll be more stage than them.

A Subspace Emissary type adventure, or Smash-Run like mode would be sweet indeed. Grin Just...nothing like what Wii U had.

Agree Hotspot, so glad Daisy is in. I wish she didn't have to use a Toad though, would've been cool to see her do a different counter maybe. Pulls out a golf club to parry, perhaps. Since that was the first game outside of Super Mario Land she appeared in. Also hope she has her own taunts, I know we've seen one so far that is slightly different to Peach's. Also that she has a different attribute, slightly heavier, faster, stronger hits, or something else. She has Peach (Daisy) Bomber too, but no heart appears, so perhaps that's different. Couldn't tell by what we saw.

Does anybody think there's going to be anymore newcomers or newcomers as an Echo Fighter? Also, who and how many? So far we have 68, which is already a big roster. I'm hoping for a total of 70. There could be chances for more though with Echo Fighters, so hmm.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Shadow could be an Echo for Sonic, but I don't care if it happens or not.

Daisy won't get any unique moves because she's just basically a reskin of Peach. The only differences Echo Fighters seem to have is just their animations and the visuals of their attacks.

Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would be cool for a new character, as they could be like Rosalina & Luma where if Pyra is knocked out, Rex becomes weaker. If they stay close together, their attacks get stronger as they become harmonised like in XB2. If not for this game, I'd like them added into a future Smash game if one happens.

Surprised Ubisoft aren't getting a guest character added given their support for Switch. If nothing else at least give them a Rabbid Assist Trophy.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Shadow could be an Echo for Sonic, but I don't care if it happens or not.

Daisy won't get any unique moves because she's just basically a reskin of Peach. The only differences Echo Fighters seem to have is just their animations and the visuals of their attacks.

Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would be cool for a new character, as they could be like Rosalina & Luma where if Pyra is knocked out, Rex becomes weaker. If they stay close together, their attacks get stronger as they become harmonised like in XB2. If not for this game, I'd like them added into a future Smash game if one happens.

Surprised Ubisoft aren't getting a guest character added given their support for Switch. If nothing else at least give them a Rabbid Assist Trophy.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dark Pit and Lucina have things different to Pit and Marth though. Dark Pit's is less of a significant difference, as his is the side B attack, sending people at an angle different to Pit's. As well as the arrows he uses, Pit's can move a lot more to attack compared to Dark Pit. Lucina has no special area on the sword, where as Marth does better attacks if hit with the tip of his blade, less so if anywhere else. Lucina also a very slightly shorter, and I think has a smaller hurtbox than Marth.
So yeah, I do expect something to be ever so slightly with Daisy to Peach. She's already shorter, like Lucina. I kind of doubt it'll change her hurtbos though. I'm wondering if she'll have different probabilities for down B, the turnip pull. Perhaps able to pick different items to Peach, but in a fair way for the other player. Peach could pull Beam Sword, Home-Run Bat, Mr. Saturn and Bob-omb. Ah, by the Smash Wiki and video (I haven't noticed yet myself), apparently her side B sends opponents downward instead of upward. Isn't too much of a difference.

For Echoes, Shadow I agree is a possibility. Especially now we saw Knuckles as an Assist. Still though, could be an Assist too. Possibly Impa as Sheik's Echo. Dixie Kong for Diddy, or Funky Kong for DK. I'd prefer King K. Rool as a new character or Bowser Echo? More villain characters, plz. I've counted 4 for definite (Bowser, Bowser Jr./Koopalings, Ganondorf, Ridley), 6 if we go a bit further (Mewtwo [seen as a villain character in Melee], Dedede). If we include in-game rivals, up to 10 (Metaknight, Wario, Wolf, Dark Pit). Not including skin changes. Dark Link is unlikely as we have three Links already, so just skin changes for them. Dark Samus is a better possibility. Medusa for Palutena's, Blood Falcon for Captain Falcon. Heh, quite a few villains in here after all. XD
How about this, guys? Echo Pokémon Trainer! OHSHI--! *shot*

For brand new fighters, as previously mentioned King K. Rool, Isaac (Golden Sun), Simon Belmont (Castlevania), agree with Rex/Pyra, Crash, Rayman. Although as much as I hate to admit, Rabbids are probably more likely. >.< Yeah, I'd rather them be an Assist Trophy.
Bah, my list are already what quite a lot of people are wanting, but I suppose popular opinion gets in. Like Ridley did.

I'll try and not get my hopes up though. XD

*totally wants Henry to be an Echo for Robin, but knows that isn't happening. One can dream though*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dark Pit and Lucina have things different to Pit and Marth though. Dark Pit's is less of a significant difference, as his is the side B attack, sending people at an angle different to Pit's. As well as the arrows he uses, Pit's can move a lot more to attack compared to Dark Pit. Lucina has no special area on the sword, where as Marth does better attacks if hit with the tip of his blade, less so if anywhere else. Lucina also a very slightly shorter, and I think has a smaller hurtbox than Marth.
So yeah, I do expect something to be ever so slightly with Daisy to Peach. She's already shorter, like Lucina. I kind of doubt it'll change her hurtbos though. I'm wondering if she'll have different probabilities for down B, the turnip pull. Perhaps able to pick different items to Peach, but in a fair way for the other player. Peach could pull Beam Sword, Home-Run Bat, Mr. Saturn and Bob-omb. Ah, by the Smash Wiki and video (I haven't noticed yet myself), apparently her side B sends opponents downward instead of upward. Isn't too much of a difference.

For Echoes, Shadow I agree is a possibility. Especially now we saw Knuckles as an Assist. Still though, could be an Assist too. Possibly Impa as Sheik's Echo. Dixie Kong for Diddy, or Funky Kong for DK. I'd prefer King K. Rool as a new character or Bowser Echo? More villain characters, plz. I've counted 4 for definite (Bowser, Bowser Jr./Koopalings, Ganondorf, Ridley), 6 if we go a bit further (Mewtwo [seen as a villain character in Melee], Dedede). If we include in-game rivals, up to 10 (Metaknight, Wario, Wolf, Dark Pit). Not including skin changes. Dark Link is unlikely as we have three Links already, so just skin changes for them. Dark Samus is a better possibility. Medusa for Palutena's, Blood Falcon for Captain Falcon. Heh, quite a few villains in here after all. XD
How about this, guys? Echo Pokémon Trainer! OHSHI--! *shot*

For brand new fighters, as previously mentioned King K. Rool, Isaac (Golden Sun), Simon Belmont (Castlevania), agree with Rex/Pyra, Crash, Rayman. Although as much as I hate to admit, Rabbids are probably more likely. >.< Yeah, I'd rather them be an Assist Trophy.
Bah, my list are already what quite a lot of people are wanting, but I suppose popular opinion gets in. Like Ridley did.

I'll try and not get my hopes up though. XD

*totally wants Henry to be an Echo for Robin, but knows that isn't happening. One can dream though*
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Smash Bros. Ultimate fails for one reason: Still no Isaac (or any Golden Sun characters for that matter).

No representation for one of the best RPG series to ever be on a Nintendo system, but they keep adding shitty FE characters like Corrin or characters that really don't belongl, like Cloud. If they're going to add more FE characters, at least make it good FE characters like Lyn. Hell, I'd trade every FE character currently in Smash just for Lyn if I could. She's worth much more than all of them combined.

As for Cloud, he really is a waste of a roster spot in this game. Doesn't matter how iconic he is, he shouldn't be in the game when his game isn't even on a Nintendo system (and no, Theatrhythm doesn't count). That's another spot that could go to a deserving character like Isaac or Felix from Golden Sun. Hell, if SE really wanted a rep in Smash, they should have let Nintendo add Geno, since he's actually from a Nintendo game and has been one of the most desired characters for Smash since at least Melee.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Smash Bros. Ultimate fails for one reason: Still no Isaac (or any Golden Sun characters for that matter).

No representation for one of the best RPG series to ever be on a Nintendo system, but they keep adding shitty FE characters like Corrin or characters that really don't belongl, like Cloud. If they're going to add more FE characters, at least make it good FE characters like Lyn. Hell, I'd trade every FE character currently in Smash just for Lyn if I could. She's worth much more than all of them combined.

As for Cloud, he really is a waste of a roster spot in this game. Doesn't matter how iconic he is, he shouldn't be in the game when his game isn't even on a Nintendo system (and no, Theatrhythm doesn't count). That's another spot that could go to a deserving character like Isaac or Felix from Golden Sun. Hell, if SE really wanted a rep in Smash, they should have let Nintendo add Geno, since he's actually from a Nintendo game and has been one of the most desired characters for Smash since at least Melee.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think removing anyone from the roster would increase the chances of a new character being added. Unless more are going to be announced it seemed pretty solid that Inkling and Ridley are the only two major character additions coming into the game.

Shovel Knight would've been another good newcomer to put in, especially since it already has an amiibo.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think removing anyone from the roster would increase the chances of a new character being added. Unless more are going to be announced it seemed pretty solid that Inkling and Ridley are the only two major character additions coming into the game.

Shovel Knight would've been another good newcomer to put in, especially since it already has an amiibo.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Inklings is another character that I don't agree with. I hate how they add characters in Smash based on a game's popularity rather than if they'd be good for Smash. Just because Splatoon is a popular game doesn't mean Inklings are good for Smash.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons why I started losing interest in Smash after Melee.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Inklings is another character that I don't agree with. I hate how they add characters in Smash based on a game's popularity rather than if they'd be good for Smash. Just because Splatoon is a popular game doesn't mean Inklings are good for Smash.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons why I started losing interest in Smash after Melee.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Before Smash was even a thing I highly doubt anyone viewed a lot of Nintendo characters as good for a fighting game, and yet here we are.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Before Smash was even a thing I highly doubt anyone viewed a lot of Nintendo characters as good for a fighting game, and yet here we are.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I dunno, I think a lot of the characters in the original Smash made sense. The only characters I'd really argue that didn't really make sense were Yoshi, Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Though I think you can make a good enough case for Yoshi to be in the game. Captain Falcon might belong in the "really didn't belong" category too, but again, I think there's enough of an argument to justify him being there outside of "just because he's popular."

The rest made sense. I understand that they want to include some of their more "iconic" characters (such as Pikachu), but at least balance that out with some good characters that actually belong in the games. Like how everyone was all hyped for the Ridley reveal, and it's just like, "Ugh, another character that doesn't belong added to the game just because the fans cried about it hard enough for long enough."
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I dunno, I think a lot of the characters in the original Smash made sense. The only characters I'd really argue that didn't really make sense were Yoshi, Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Though I think you can make a good enough case for Yoshi to be in the game. Captain Falcon might belong in the "really didn't belong" category too, but again, I think there's enough of an argument to justify him being there outside of "just because he's popular."

The rest made sense. I understand that they want to include some of their more "iconic" characters (such as Pikachu), but at least balance that out with some good characters that actually belong in the games. Like how everyone was all hyped for the Ridley reveal, and it's just like, "Ugh, another character that doesn't belong added to the game just because the fans cried about it hard enough for long enough."
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
If I owned a Switch I'd likely care more about this news. I kind of liked Brawl on the 3DS, but it was a little twitchy for my liking. I don't really enjoy the camera they used for it, especially on a handheld it made everything seem a little too small. But I digress.

I'd be much more likely to pick it up (if I ever were to get a Switch, of course) if they added more interesting characters. I'd love to see the MC from Rune Factory, since he is a fighter-style character to begin with. Agnés Oblige would also be a cool choice, I think, though I'm not sure exactly how well Bravely Default did sales-wise. Infinitely preferably to Link #4, or whichever one they're up to now.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
If I owned a Switch I'd likely care more about this news. I kind of liked Brawl on the 3DS, but it was a little twitchy for my liking. I don't really enjoy the camera they used for it, especially on a handheld it made everything seem a little too small. But I digress.

I'd be much more likely to pick it up (if I ever were to get a Switch, of course) if they added more interesting characters. I'd love to see the MC from Rune Factory, since he is a fighter-style character to begin with. Agnés Oblige would also be a cool choice, I think, though I'm not sure exactly how well Bravely Default did sales-wise. Infinitely preferably to Link #4, or whichever one they're up to now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You're thinking of Sm4sh on the 3DS Cat, not Brawl. Brawl was on the Wii. Whistle

But yeah, Link is another character that's overdone in this game. They have what now? Link, Young Link, Toon Link. Breath of the Wild Link, though I'm not sure if that's a separate character or just an alternative costume for Link.

It'd be nice if they trimmed on the clones for some other characters. Sure, they could just have all the clones plus add new characters, but then the roster starts to become bloated. A roster that's too big is just as bad as one that's too small.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You're thinking of Sm4sh on the 3DS Cat, not Brawl. Brawl was on the Wii. Whistle

But yeah, Link is another character that's overdone in this game. They have what now? Link, Young Link, Toon Link. Breath of the Wild Link, though I'm not sure if that's a separate character or just an alternative costume for Link.

It'd be nice if they trimmed on the clones for some other characters. Sure, they could just have all the clones plus add new characters, but then the roster starts to become bloated. A roster that's too big is just as bad as one that's too small.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Nintendo have announced they're going to be re-releasing all of the Smash Bros. amiibo in two separate batches in December and January in Japan. Hopefully they'll do the same in other territories too, and try to actually make enough to meet demand so people don't need to rely on scalpers to get one.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Nintendo have announced they're going to be re-releasing all of the Smash Bros. amiibo in two separate batches in December and January in Japan. Hopefully they'll do the same in other territories too, and try to actually make enough to meet demand so people don't need to rely on scalpers to get one.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
They better release more Smash amiibos in other territories. Geez, there were many characters I never saw in stores. I kind of want a Lucina still, possibly Mewtwo since they did a damn good job on that amiibo. Some looked very off though, which I want to avoid like the plague. Like...Ike and Marth, although some rare Marths were acceptable. Most of the human characters do really, I had a hard time finding not a derpy looking/poorly coloured Robin, ZSS and Palutena. My Palutena's face almost is derpy. D= Ryu and Roy amiibos looked really good though, for a human character.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
They better release more Smash amiibos in other territories. Geez, there were many characters I never saw in stores. I kind of want a Lucina still, possibly Mewtwo since they did a damn good job on that amiibo. Some looked very off though, which I want to avoid like the plague. Like...Ike and Marth, although some rare Marths were acceptable. Most of the human characters do really, I had a hard time finding not a derpy looking/poorly coloured Robin, ZSS and Palutena. My Palutena's face almost is derpy. D= Ryu and Roy amiibos looked really good though, for a human character.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I wonder if there will be a degradation in quality for trying to boost production for this lineup if they intend to avoid the mishaps of the last amiibo run. Then again, I kind of liked some of the mistakes. Someone got a double-cannon Samus from that mistake, and it went up for $2500 on eBay!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I wonder if there will be a degradation in quality for trying to boost production for this lineup if they intend to avoid the mishaps of the last amiibo run. Then again, I kind of liked some of the mistakes. Someone got a double-cannon Samus from that mistake, and it went up for $2500 on eBay!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo knew this game was coming and could've started production last year to avoid having to rush and chance the quality degrading. If they've left it too late then more fool them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo knew this game was coming and could've started production last year to avoid having to rush and chance the quality degrading. If they've left it too late then more fool them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh damn, that mistake on the Samus amiibo. That's worth finding and buying if there are more like that to possibly happen. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh damn, that mistake on the Samus amiibo. That's worth finding and buying if there are more like that to possibly happen. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,773 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,453 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,306 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface