Fallout | TV Show
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you're looking to discuss the Fallout games, head over to our Fallout (Series) Discussion Thread. ^_^

Is anyone else here watching this or planning to? I was rather whatever about it during all the pre-release marketing and stuff, but I watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it. Not sure when I'll watch the rest though because the episodes are quite long. I was going to share what I speculated would be the reason for the vault experiment to fall apart and cause characters to go to the surface but I can't remember; however, I did like the way the show actually put the vault into disarray. It felt like something the games would go for without just pulling something out of the games themselves.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you're looking to discuss the Fallout games, head over to our Fallout (Series) Discussion Thread. ^_^

Is anyone else here watching this or planning to? I was rather whatever about it during all the pre-release marketing and stuff, but I watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it. Not sure when I'll watch the rest though because the episodes are quite long. I was going to share what I speculated would be the reason for the vault experiment to fall apart and cause characters to go to the surface but I can't remember; however, I did like the way the show actually put the vault into disarray. It felt like something the games would go for without just pulling something out of the games themselves.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have legitimately heard nothing but good things about the Fallout TV series, which is impressive given its a TV adaptation of a video game. Let's be honest, they've been hit-or-miss (looking at you, Halo). I don't really plan on watching it myself, though, because I just don't watch much TV anymore. Still, my friends tell me its quite good.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have legitimately heard nothing but good things about the Fallout TV series, which is impressive given its a TV adaptation of a video game. Let's be honest, they've been hit-or-miss (looking at you, Halo). I don't really plan on watching it myself, though, because I just don't watch much TV anymore. Still, my friends tell me its quite good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I think the biggest positive news I've heard about the show is how sales and player counts for the Fallout games have spiked like crazy. I think New Vegas hit the highest player count of all time yesterday or something if I'm recalling correctly. I can't say I've ever seen any other games getting reports of sale and player count spikes in the wake of show and/or movie releases (granted, some like Mario or Pokemon probably won't really see a spike because of how huge they already are).

I wish I'd been aware that the Fallout games went on a huge sale alongside this show airing because I'd have picked some up. Guess I'll have to wait now for whenever they go on sale again, but at least it gives me time to decide what ones I want to bother picking up.

@Maniakkid25: Since you don't plan to watch it, do you think you'll end up just reading a general plot write-up of the show instead or nah?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I think the biggest positive news I've heard about the show is how sales and player counts for the Fallout games have spiked like crazy. I think New Vegas hit the highest player count of all time yesterday or something if I'm recalling correctly. I can't say I've ever seen any other games getting reports of sale and player count spikes in the wake of show and/or movie releases (granted, some like Mario or Pokemon probably won't really see a spike because of how huge they already are).

I wish I'd been aware that the Fallout games went on a huge sale alongside this show airing because I'd have picked some up. Guess I'll have to wait now for whenever they go on sale again, but at least it gives me time to decide what ones I want to bother picking up.

@Maniakkid25: Since you don't plan to watch it, do you think you'll end up just reading a general plot write-up of the show instead or nah?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Maybe? I doubt it, tbh. I'll probably just hear little plot beats here and there from my friends as they go on about it. Given a chance, they will go on LOOOOOOONG dives about any show that crosses their path.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Maybe? I doubt it, tbh. I'll probably just hear little plot beats here and there from my friends as they go on about it. Given a chance, they will go on LOOOOOOONG dives about any show that crosses their path.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We don't really watch too much TV anymore either (Moony has been generally very tired as of late) but we try to when we can, though these hour long episodes are like little movies, so we gotta space'em out for sure.

Regardless, from the first episode, I'm hooked. Definitely wanna see where this pans out and goes.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We don't really watch too much TV anymore either (Moony has been generally very tired as of late) but we try to when we can, though these hour long episodes are like little movies, so we gotta space'em out for sure.

Regardless, from the first episode, I'm hooked. Definitely wanna see where this pans out and goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,593 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface