Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
Alliance Alive, is a new JRPG that just came out in March, for the 3DS. It's created by Yoshitaka Murayama, the creator of my favorite series of all time, Suikoden! 

Here's a little blurb from the website (I was going to copy and paste, and then realized it was an image..)

Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/18/all...le-system/

Official Site
https://atlus.com/alliancealive/

I actually just got a 3DS, but I haven't' picked it up yet. It's great to see the creator of Suikoden, making more games (Since he can't go back to making a new Suikoden, since Suikodens company "Konami", has reverted to pachinko machines, and silly mobile games... But at the same time, this makes me hope he will thrust into action, to make a new Suikoden game!  Somehow.. [Especially since they left so much unsaid] Yes, I just did a parenthesis within another parenthesis, sue me. Tongue

The interesting thing is, there are little nods to Suikoden within AA, either that, or they're just funky coincidences. 

• The hero, Galil, has a striking resemblance to Nash, from Suikogaiden, and Suikoden III.
• The anthropomorphic heroine, Barbarosa, shares the same name as the main villain in the first Suikoden. (Foreshadow? Probably not.)
• Another character is named Wyatt, which is also a characters name in Suikoden III. 
• One characters name is "Pendragon", which is the last name of Lily Pendragon, from Suikoden II and III. 
• There is a party formation system, which appears in most Suikoden games, and especially the fifth Suikoden.
• The Suikoden games have a sub class of characters known as Tricksters, who are inventors, and usually young girls. One of the characters, Tiggy, fits the description perfectly. She even uses a robot in combat, which is reminiscent to Meg, from the second Suikoden (She has a robot friend, Gadget [Clever name], who can perform a combo attack)
• Similarly, there's another sub class in the Suikoden series, known as narcissists. They're usually male characters with flamboyant,  colorful clothing, and amazing hats! Usually these characters are noble types. The non player character, Charlotte, has a great hat, has somewhat of a noble appearance, and a rather etiquette style. 
(You can look up Narcissists, and Trickster categories on the Suikoden wiki. Which I also happen to be one of the admins of! I don't mean to brag, but I'm totally bragging. Tongue)
• The Suikoden games always had a Sailor Moon esque style, of having 5 characters, with the same outfit and colors. They all have a similar name, and appearance. (The first game was 5 blacksmiths, with names like Meese and Moose. The second was flying squirrels with fabulously colored capes) Alliance Alive keeps the tradition with the "Guild Girls". Who all have the same outfit, but in different colors. 
• The Suikoden games generally have a large cast of playable characters, ranging from 50 playable characters, to 90. (I actually did the math and posted it on the wiki.... I'm not crazy, I swear! ) There are only 12 playable characters, 4 which are optional. However, like Suikoden, you can recruit 250+ NPC characters. As well as the Guild system, which works like the Headquarters system in the Suikoden games.

I can't be going crazy with all of these similarities right? Like this was definitely intentional! 

Catteries Wrote:
it's no suikoden, but it bleeds murayama styled dialogue/worldbuilding

I'm excited for the game, but I haven't gotten into buying it yet. 

Has anyone else heard of the game? What are your thoughts?

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
Alliance Alive, is a new JRPG that just came out in March, for the 3DS. It's created by Yoshitaka Murayama, the creator of my favorite series of all time, Suikoden! 

Here's a little blurb from the website (I was going to copy and paste, and then realized it was an image..)

Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/18/all...le-system/

Official Site
https://atlus.com/alliancealive/

I actually just got a 3DS, but I haven't' picked it up yet. It's great to see the creator of Suikoden, making more games (Since he can't go back to making a new Suikoden, since Suikodens company "Konami", has reverted to pachinko machines, and silly mobile games... But at the same time, this makes me hope he will thrust into action, to make a new Suikoden game!  Somehow.. [Especially since they left so much unsaid] Yes, I just did a parenthesis within another parenthesis, sue me. Tongue

The interesting thing is, there are little nods to Suikoden within AA, either that, or they're just funky coincidences. 

• The hero, Galil, has a striking resemblance to Nash, from Suikogaiden, and Suikoden III.
• The anthropomorphic heroine, Barbarosa, shares the same name as the main villain in the first Suikoden. (Foreshadow? Probably not.)
• Another character is named Wyatt, which is also a characters name in Suikoden III. 
• One characters name is "Pendragon", which is the last name of Lily Pendragon, from Suikoden II and III. 
• There is a party formation system, which appears in most Suikoden games, and especially the fifth Suikoden.
• The Suikoden games have a sub class of characters known as Tricksters, who are inventors, and usually young girls. One of the characters, Tiggy, fits the description perfectly. She even uses a robot in combat, which is reminiscent to Meg, from the second Suikoden (She has a robot friend, Gadget [Clever name], who can perform a combo attack)
• Similarly, there's another sub class in the Suikoden series, known as narcissists. They're usually male characters with flamboyant,  colorful clothing, and amazing hats! Usually these characters are noble types. The non player character, Charlotte, has a great hat, has somewhat of a noble appearance, and a rather etiquette style. 
(You can look up Narcissists, and Trickster categories on the Suikoden wiki. Which I also happen to be one of the admins of! I don't mean to brag, but I'm totally bragging. Tongue)
• The Suikoden games always had a Sailor Moon esque style, of having 5 characters, with the same outfit and colors. They all have a similar name, and appearance. (The first game was 5 blacksmiths, with names like Meese and Moose. The second was flying squirrels with fabulously colored capes) Alliance Alive keeps the tradition with the "Guild Girls". Who all have the same outfit, but in different colors. 
• The Suikoden games generally have a large cast of playable characters, ranging from 50 playable characters, to 90. (I actually did the math and posted it on the wiki.... I'm not crazy, I swear! ) There are only 12 playable characters, 4 which are optional. However, like Suikoden, you can recruit 250+ NPC characters. As well as the Guild system, which works like the Headquarters system in the Suikoden games.

I can't be going crazy with all of these similarities right? Like this was definitely intentional! 

Catteries Wrote:
it's no suikoden, but it bleeds murayama styled dialogue/worldbuilding

I'm excited for the game, but I haven't gotten into buying it yet. 

Has anyone else heard of the game? What are your thoughts?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have & it has a free demo on the 3ds eshop. I've downloaded the demo but haven't had the time yet to give it a try. I'll rectify that after I watch Nintendo's direct tomorrow. ^^V
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have & it has a free demo on the 3ds eshop. I've downloaded the demo but haven't had the time yet to give it a try. I'll rectify that after I watch Nintendo's direct tomorrow. ^^V
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have the game, though I've yet to play it. I tend to take a long time to get around to 3DS games, as my Vita takes priority when it comes to handheld systems.

But, I do look forward to eventually playing it and seeing if they improved on it's predecessor, The Legend of Legacy, at all. LoL had some good aspects to it, but they failed to execute in a lot of areas and it held the game back from being as good as it could have been. Hopefully they learned from that and made The Alliance Alive the game that LoL could and should have been.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have the game, though I've yet to play it. I tend to take a long time to get around to 3DS games, as my Vita takes priority when it comes to handheld systems.

But, I do look forward to eventually playing it and seeing if they improved on it's predecessor, The Legend of Legacy, at all. LoL had some good aspects to it, but they failed to execute in a lot of areas and it held the game back from being as good as it could have been. Hopefully they learned from that and made The Alliance Alive the game that LoL could and should have been.