Nintendo @ E3 2018
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Nintendo's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

Daemon X Machina | Trailer
A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Coming in 2019.

Super Mario Party | Trailer
The Mario Party series is coming to Nintendo Switch with super-charged fun for everyone! The original board game style has been kicked up a notch with deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each character. The game also introduces all-new ways to play, including Joy-Con controller enabled minigames, and new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Board game play goes back to the four-player basics as you take turns and race across the board searching for Stars. You can also pair up two Nintendo Switch systems and delight in this dynamic play style, such as in the new Toad’s Rec Room mode. With new modes and new minigames coupled with original board game play, the party starts anywhere, anytime, and with all kinds of players. Super Mario Party is available October 5th!

Xenoblade Chronciles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country | Trailer
Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the events of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Defend yourself from Malos and his forces using all the fury of this refined battle system, allowing you to fight as both the artificial lifeforms known as Blades and their masters, the Drivers. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country is available September 21st as DLC for the original base game.

Overcooked 2 | Trailer
Overcooked 2 is serving up more chefs, more kitchens, more recipes, more co-op madness and even more Kevin with the second helping of concentrated co-op chaos! Buddy up or go it alone as you cook up a storm, chopping, steaming and frying your way through dynamic and outright crazy levels. Now with online multiplayer for up to four chefs, there is no such thing as too many cooks and the steaks have never been higher as you prepare to save the Onion Kingdom... Again. Available August 7th on Nintendo Switch!

Fortnite | Trailer
Squad up and play the #1 Battle Royale game! Download now for FREE. Jump in to be the last one standing in the free 100-player Battle Royale. Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. Earn your Victory. Squad up together online with friends in the same room or around the world.

Fire Emblem Three Houses | Trailer
A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game? Fire Emblem Three Houses is available Spring 2019!

Killer Queen Black | Trailer
Killer Queen Black is an intense multiplayer action/strategy platformer for up to eight players. Fly solo, or team up with three of your friends as you race to complete one of three possible victory conditions. Killer Queen Black, a new take on the arcade eSport Killer Queen, has been rebuilt from the ground up and optimized for console. The gameplay is immediately recognizable and familiar, yet it introduces exciting new twists and online play for the home audience. Killer Queen Black is coming to Nintendo Switch this Winter!

Hollow Knight | Trailer
Hollow Knight is coming to Nintendo Switch, including all of the new items, areas, characters, and bosses from the currently released free content packs; Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe, and Lifeblood, as well as access to the final free content pack, Gods and Glory.

Dragon Ball FighterZ | Trailer
The critically acclaimed Dragon Ball FighterZ is now bringing its spectacular fights and all-powerful warriors to Nintendo Switch!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Discussion Thread
The official title of the next Super Smash Bros. game has been revealed, and that's not all! Check out the extensive full details over at our official discussion thread for the game!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Nintendo's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

Daemon X Machina | Trailer
A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Coming in 2019.

Super Mario Party | Trailer
The Mario Party series is coming to Nintendo Switch with super-charged fun for everyone! The original board game style has been kicked up a notch with deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each character. The game also introduces all-new ways to play, including Joy-Con controller enabled minigames, and new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Board game play goes back to the four-player basics as you take turns and race across the board searching for Stars. You can also pair up two Nintendo Switch systems and delight in this dynamic play style, such as in the new Toad’s Rec Room mode. With new modes and new minigames coupled with original board game play, the party starts anywhere, anytime, and with all kinds of players. Super Mario Party is available October 5th!

Xenoblade Chronciles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country | Trailer
Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the events of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Defend yourself from Malos and his forces using all the fury of this refined battle system, allowing you to fight as both the artificial lifeforms known as Blades and their masters, the Drivers. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country is available September 21st as DLC for the original base game.

Overcooked 2 | Trailer
Overcooked 2 is serving up more chefs, more kitchens, more recipes, more co-op madness and even more Kevin with the second helping of concentrated co-op chaos! Buddy up or go it alone as you cook up a storm, chopping, steaming and frying your way through dynamic and outright crazy levels. Now with online multiplayer for up to four chefs, there is no such thing as too many cooks and the steaks have never been higher as you prepare to save the Onion Kingdom... Again. Available August 7th on Nintendo Switch!

Fortnite | Trailer
Squad up and play the #1 Battle Royale game! Download now for FREE. Jump in to be the last one standing in the free 100-player Battle Royale. Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. Earn your Victory. Squad up together online with friends in the same room or around the world.

Fire Emblem Three Houses | Trailer
A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game takes place on Fódlan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game? Fire Emblem Three Houses is available Spring 2019!

Killer Queen Black | Trailer
Killer Queen Black is an intense multiplayer action/strategy platformer for up to eight players. Fly solo, or team up with three of your friends as you race to complete one of three possible victory conditions. Killer Queen Black, a new take on the arcade eSport Killer Queen, has been rebuilt from the ground up and optimized for console. The gameplay is immediately recognizable and familiar, yet it introduces exciting new twists and online play for the home audience. Killer Queen Black is coming to Nintendo Switch this Winter!

Hollow Knight | Trailer
Hollow Knight is coming to Nintendo Switch, including all of the new items, areas, characters, and bosses from the currently released free content packs; Hidden Dreams, The Grimm Troupe, and Lifeblood, as well as access to the final free content pack, Gods and Glory.

Dragon Ball FighterZ | Trailer
The critically acclaimed Dragon Ball FighterZ is now bringing its spectacular fights and all-powerful warriors to Nintendo Switch!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Discussion Thread
The official title of the next Super Smash Bros. game has been revealed, and that's not all! Check out the extensive full details over at our official discussion thread for the game!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
EVERYONE, I CAN'T, NO, YES, NO. I NEED A SWITCH FOR DECEMBER.

Let me try and recollect myself, so I can post proper news for Smash, God dang it. Nintendo won for me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
EVERYONE, I CAN'T, NO, YES, NO. I NEED A SWITCH FOR DECEMBER.

Let me try and recollect myself, so I can post proper news for Smash, God dang it. Nintendo won for me.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Whew that Nintendo "conference" was pretty meh. A new Fire Emblem game that'll probably be worse than Fates (and split into 5 games this time).

Smash Ultimate seems... okay. I think a new Smash game entirely would have been better than an All-Stars version.

Still no reasons to want to get a Switch.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Whew that Nintendo "conference" was pretty meh. A new Fire Emblem game that'll probably be worse than Fates (and split into 5 games this time).

Smash Ultimate seems... okay. I think a new Smash game entirely would have been better than an All-Stars version.

Still no reasons to want to get a Switch.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It was an OK conference, but I'm surprised there was no mention of the Yoshi Switch game or Metroid 4.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It was an OK conference, but I'm surprised there was no mention of the Yoshi Switch game or Metroid 4.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jun 12th, 2018, 05:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Usually during E3 we get new stuff talked about & older games in a separate Direct. Usually there's another Direct a few month's after E3. So I'm thinking maybe Nintendo will show case more then.  

Or not, this is Nintendo they do what they want. XD

Also Xenoblade 2 & Fire Emblem were my interests. Thus Nintendo wins for Nintendo fans every where with the surprise brawler announcement. Lol
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jun 12th, 2018, 05:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Usually during E3 we get new stuff talked about & older games in a separate Direct. Usually there's another Direct a few month's after E3. So I'm thinking maybe Nintendo will show case more then.  

Or not, this is Nintendo they do what they want. XD

Also Xenoblade 2 & Fire Emblem were my interests. Thus Nintendo wins for Nintendo fans every where with the surprise brawler announcement. Lol
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm over my hype now. Everything else before Smash was meh to OK, so without that nothing special. As soon as I heard/saw the title of the new Fire Emblem game, I thought "Please, don't turn this into three different versions". Needs to stay as a single. The main units having a squad of soldiers looked pretty good, but in the long run, probably won't change anything/much. Only other notable game for me was Super Mario Party, but not something I'd really want.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm over my hype now. Everything else before Smash was meh to OK, so without that nothing special. As soon as I heard/saw the title of the new Fire Emblem game, I thought "Please, don't turn this into three different versions". Needs to stay as a single. The main units having a squad of soldiers looked pretty good, but in the long run, probably won't change anything/much. Only other notable game for me was Super Mario Party, but not something I'd really want.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Super Mario Party would be nice to get just as something new to play with a group of people over instead of the same Mario Party games.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC was neat to see for anyone a fan of the game and wanting to see what the DLC was coming up for it.

Smash was the only real big hitter I think, and maybe Nintendo knew that too so didn't show off too much of their other games to avoid them being lost beneath the hype for Smash.

Still, it was better than the video Square Enix put out, so at least it was presented decently unlike theirs.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Super Mario Party would be nice to get just as something new to play with a group of people over instead of the same Mario Party games.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC was neat to see for anyone a fan of the game and wanting to see what the DLC was coming up for it.

Smash was the only real big hitter I think, and maybe Nintendo knew that too so didn't show off too much of their other games to avoid them being lost beneath the hype for Smash.

Still, it was better than the video Square Enix put out, so at least it was presented decently unlike theirs.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
For me this was just okay nothing amazing and I can't say they topped last years E3 for me. Don't get me wrong Ultimate Smash Bros seems really cool, but it probably only ever going to get a few plays from me before it gets old and put into a box where it will never see the light of day again.

The new Fire Emblem looks pretty cool and I think it might stray away from the dating sim aspect of previous games...or maybe not will have to see more about this "teacher" character. XD I think the writer been talking too much to the SMT staff.

For the new Mario Party no car is cool, but really it doesn't seem like Mario Party yet...will have to see.....

Overall I rate it a C- you pass Nintendo but do better next time D:<
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
For me this was just okay nothing amazing and I can't say they topped last years E3 for me. Don't get me wrong Ultimate Smash Bros seems really cool, but it probably only ever going to get a few plays from me before it gets old and put into a box where it will never see the light of day again.

The new Fire Emblem looks pretty cool and I think it might stray away from the dating sim aspect of previous games...or maybe not will have to see more about this "teacher" character. XD I think the writer been talking too much to the SMT staff.

For the new Mario Party no car is cool, but really it doesn't seem like Mario Party yet...will have to see.....

Overall I rate it a C- you pass Nintendo but do better next time D:<
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In regards to the other titles not being shown, Nintendo have mentioned in interviews after the presentation that they had nothing ready to show yet presently, and will "show things when we think we’re ready to show them." In particular, they've decided to focus this presentation on short-term games coming out rather than the long-haul titles they're working on, which may have been both a blessing and curse. On the other hand, Nintendo had such a strong launch of games for the debut of the system that now it's gonna be real hard to follow up on that line-up.

As queen mentioned, there'll be more to show throughout the year with more Directs, and as E3 tends to become less and less relevant in the world of reveals/showcasing of games, it wasn't that big of a surprise to see such a limited Direct yesterday.

I'm shocked by the Xenoblade DLC making an appearance here. That was probably my favorite thing out of the Direct (aside from all the Smash news).

Also no one is talking about that awesome looking mecha combat game they opened the Direct with and I feel like it needs mentioning  Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In regards to the other titles not being shown, Nintendo have mentioned in interviews after the presentation that they had nothing ready to show yet presently, and will "show things when we think we’re ready to show them." In particular, they've decided to focus this presentation on short-term games coming out rather than the long-haul titles they're working on, which may have been both a blessing and curse. On the other hand, Nintendo had such a strong launch of games for the debut of the system that now it's gonna be real hard to follow up on that line-up.

As queen mentioned, there'll be more to show throughout the year with more Directs, and as E3 tends to become less and less relevant in the world of reveals/showcasing of games, it wasn't that big of a surprise to see such a limited Direct yesterday.

I'm shocked by the Xenoblade DLC making an appearance here. That was probably my favorite thing out of the Direct (aside from all the Smash news).

Also no one is talking about that awesome looking mecha combat game they opened the Direct with and I feel like it needs mentioning  Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't say the mecha combat game caught my interest much. It looked nice, but the trailer didn't manage to present the game in a way that got me excited for the game.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't say the mecha combat game caught my interest much. It looked nice, but the trailer didn't manage to present the game in a way that got me excited for the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Partner Direct - Feb. 21, 2024 Moonface 8 196 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Sues Yuzu; $2.4m Settlement Agreed Moonface 6 167 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: shadow
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,685 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,314 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 Moonface 3 398 Sep 14th, 2023, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL