Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Bite Sized Updates | New UG Cards Rewards
Topic Started: Nov 9 2013, 02:58 PM (4,679 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

This topic will be the place for all of the small updates to the forum that don't require their own topic. :)

November 9th, 2013 - Nintendo Network ID and 3DS Friend Code profile fields added at the suggestion of Teddie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Best of 2013 Coming Soon
Hi folks. At some point soon we'll be kicking off the voting for our Best of 2013; a wide range of polls covering different categories of video-games to determine what the community as a whole thought was the best of video-gaming that 2013 had to offer.

We're currently finalising what categories and nominees we'll be having, which is taking a little longer than usual due to the fact I am currently still on vacation and as such do not have as much time lately as I usually would to oversee and organise this event.

When we do kick off our Best of 2013, a full announcement topic will be posted up to inform all of you about it. :)

I'd also like to wish anyone reading this a Happy New Year and hope you had a great Christmas.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Moderator Removals
For the time being, ShiraNoMai and Yuri have been removed from their moderator positions. This is a temporary change in order to balance out the member to staff ratio. When the time comes that there are more members to warrant an increase in staff numbers, both of them will be put back into their moderator positions.

While this will have no overall affect on how this place runs, I know some of you will be wondering why their names are no longer blue and that both of them are no longer in the moderator group, so this post is simply to inform all of you about what is going on. :)

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Moonface
Jan 22 2014, 08:53 PM
Moderator Removals
For the time being, ShiraNoMai and Yuri have been removed from their moderator positions. This is a temporary change in order to balance out the member to staff ratio. When the time comes that there are more members to warrant an increase in staff numbers, both of them will be put back into their moderator positions.

While this will have no overall affect on how this place runs, I know some of you will be wondering why their names are no longer blue and that both of them are no longer in the moderator group, so this post is simply to inform all of you about what is going on. :)
I'm a fallen angel now!

Look at my cool purple squares, I have more than most of you ever will in your whole entire lives.... :glare:

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Best of 2013 Update
I understand the delay on our Best of 2013 event has been a considerably long one. It will be here within the next day or two. Unfortunately being on vacation stopped me from fully dealing with it until halfway through January, and shortly after my laptop has been encountering constant issues that keep setting things back. As of today, that has happened once again, but I intend to get the issue sorted as quickly as I can to get the event out hopefully for tomorrow or the day after.

I do apologise for the delays, and I hope everyone understands and still enjoys the event when it does finally arrive. We have at least made use of the delays to do things for the voting that we wouldn't have done had this event been put out earlier, so at least some good has come of it.

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Moonface
Feb 2 2014, 10:04 PM
Best of 2013 Update
I understand the delay on our Best of 2013 event has been a considerably long one. It will be here within the next day or two. Unfortunately being on vacation stopped me from fully dealing with it until halfway through January, and shortly after my laptop has been encountering constant issues that keep setting things back. As of today, that has happened once again, but I intend to get the issue sorted as quickly as I can to get the event out hopefully for tomorrow or the day after.

I do apologise for the delays, and I hope everyone understands and still enjoys the event when it does finally arrive. We have at least made use of the delays to do things for the voting that we wouldn't have done had this event been put out earlier, so at least some good has come of it.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! AS A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC, I REPRESENT EVERYONE! I DEMAND FULL COMPENSATION FOR BEING LATE WITH THE BEST OF 2013!

You should pay us all in jello...red jello to be exact! <_<

WHERE IS MY JELLO MOONY!? D:<

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

We Are Now Accepting Affiliations
After some previously bogus affiliation requests that turned us off from doing this, we've finally decided to once again accept affiliations. The last time we did this was quite a few years ago, which ended after they became more trouble than they were worth.

All affiliates at this time will be on the Home page. We feel this is the best place for them to get fair exposure without becoming too intrusive or making the index page longer. On the Home page they don't increase the page size at all, letting us manage to keep the site as compact and convenient to navigate as possible.

Affiliations are not restricted to forums. If you have a YouTube channel or blog, or any other website, we will consider an affiliation. However, we won't affiliate with any website that is shown to be inactive, as obviously this benefits us in no manner whatsoever.

If you have questions about affiliation, feel free to ask.

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
This shall be very interesting.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
How about affiliating with private forums? I've already added your advertising banner in my affiliates page. I think Yusei came here cause of that, but Idk if any one else has joined though. My forum is still pretty active; at least during the weekdays. :lol: It's up to you guys if you wanna affiliate with rp1p or not though.

Oh, some one else to think about affiliating with is Hotspot since he as an affiliate banner of UG on his Suiko-Kya-Cross forum too. ^^

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Private forums are fine, as it isn't a problem for me if someone finds your site but isn't able to join due to whatever limitations you have in place for registrations and it isn't stopping affiliation banners from being seen.

Hotspot's board depends. From what I see, it hasn't had a single post made since February 13th, which isn't giving me a good impression. It comes over as a site nobody is visiting or bothering to keep active, including its own administrators. While I appreciate he's had UG's button on there however long, me adding it here isn't going to do anything for his board if it keeps up the impression of being in a state where nobody is doing anything on there anywhere.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Moonface
Feb 23 2014, 06:34 PM
Private forums are fine, as it isn't a problem for me if someone finds your site but isn't able to join due to whatever limitations you have in place for registrations and it isn't stopping affiliation banners from being seen.
Ok, I can add your banner to my login page for guests to view since that's easily enough done & I'll go ahead & PM you RP1P's affiliate banner.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

New Moderator
ShiraNoMai has been made a moderator again, as there have been a lot of duties she has needed to keep asking me to intervene with as her special moderator permissions in the regular member group were preventing her from doing a lot of things (editing topic titles, trashing topics, properly banning spambots, etc.) and so I've deemed it necessary to promote her back to a full moderator so she can help out around the forum to her fullest potential.

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Such shiny, such new, such fresh moderator~ //shot

Just messing, but congratulations (again) Nikki at once again given the full power of the moderator~

Sephiroth
Member Avatar
Beginner
Congrats to the new mod! :D

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

*two days later* Woo! :D

Hurray, now I can do things without having to keep getting mod-blocked at my options~ Thanks guys ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Site Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming