Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Nier: Automata
Topic Started: Oct 30 2015, 10:29 PM (1,321 Views)
Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb

Developer: PlatinumGames
Publisher: Square Enix
Platform: PlayStation 4
Release Date: 2016
Genre: Action Role-Playing

Nier: Automata is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix exclusively for the PlayStation 4. The game is set in the same universe as Nier, a spin-off of the Drakengard series.

Players will control multiple characters through action-based gameplay, with the ability to rotate the in-game camera 360 degrees. New playable characters are unlocked with each playthrough and story route. While stated to be a high-action game, the developers have said that it will likely retain the role-playing elements of the original Nier. It is planned to retain the previous game's mixture of gameplay styles. Gameplay is generally focused around melee weapons, but some shooting elements are also planned. Weapon Stories, a recurring element in Drakengard and Nier of stories attached to weapons found around the world, are also planned.

Set an unknown time after the events of Nier, the story revolves around a war between the remnants of humanity and the machine army of invaders from another world. The initial invasion forced humanity to flee to the Moon. To drive the invaders away, humanity has sent an elite android fighting force to Earth. The main protagonist is YoRHa No. 2 Model B, 2B for short, a female type android of a past human-created android army.
Edited by Dragon Lord, Oct 30 2015, 10:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb

Nier: Automata - Paris Games Week 2015 Reveal

I thought I had already made a topic for this game, but I guess not. Well, here it is now!

This game is looking really, really nice. The game play looks very smooth and it definitely looks like a really fun hack-and-slash game. I enjoyed Drakengard 3's game play enough, but it definitely was a little on the simple/plain side of things. This is looking like it'll be a little more fleshed out and interesting.

I've yet to play the first game though, although I do have it. Just waiting until closer to this game's release to play it. Though I had to pick up a copy of it after this was revealed at E3 because prices of the game started to soar pretty high afterwards, though they have come back down since then. So if this game interests you, and you have a PS3 or 360, better get a copy of the first game. :P

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I have the first Neir game & it's awesome. :p I also can't wait for this title to drop, though it kind of reminds me a bit of Bayonetta, which is fine cause I could use more Bay in my life. :p

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Nier Automata - PSX 2016 Trailer

In addition to this trailer, it was also revealed that Nier Automata will be releasing in NA and EU on March 7th, 2017.

They also announced that a demo will be available soon on PSN, though no specific date was given for when the demo will be live.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Nier Automata - Black Box Edition

Posted Image

Nier Automata - Black Box Edition includes the following items:

• Nier: Automata Game for PS4™
  • YoRHa 2B Figurine: a meticulously recreated and highly detailed figurine of the main protagonist
  • Hardback Artbook: 64 pages showcasing stunning artwork and illustrations from the game
  • Steelbook® Case
  • Original Soundtrack featuring 13 live recorded songs from NIER and NieR: Automata™
  • Collector's Box

In addition to the above, it will come with the following DLC items:

• Retro Grey Pod Skin
  • Retro Red Pod Skin
  • Play System Pod Skin
  • Cardboard Pod Skin
  • Grimoire Weiss Pod
  • Machine Mask Accessory

The Black Box Edition is available for pre-order exclusive at Square Enix's Online Store for $189.99. Stock is limited.

In addition to the Black Box Edition, there is also a Day-One Edition available that comes with the DLC items listed above. It is available for pre-order at the standard price of $59.99.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I just picked this up this week & I really want to play on it so badly. But seeing as I'm going to be away from my PS4 for a week I've had to put playing this on my back burner. But I really, really want to start up a file so bad it's not even funny. D:

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

Yeah I've definitely got this on my radar of games to play. Looks like Platinum's back to making good games again, though, which is excellent news!

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
I'm also in the boat of people who really, really want to play this game. Unfortunately, it has to wait. After I'm done with Tales of Berseria, I'll be starting Atelier Firis. Then I need to play the first NieR before Automata, because once I play the gloriousness that is NieR: Automata, I'm not going to want to go back and play the first one.

Definitely going to be great getting around to it soon-ish though. This game is going to be one of the best games of 2017, if not the absolute best game of the year. Mark my words.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

So I read that the first DLC coming to this game adds an arena mode of some sort that features the Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda and PlatinumGames CEO Kenichi Sato as bosses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6VnY6SJqcg

I don't think I've ever seen something like this before, but it's pretty amusing. XD
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Square Enix did a little event battle against Square's CEO for Final Fantasy XV as well, though I don't remember if it was released as DLC for the game or if it was just at that one event they showed it off during.

Anyways, the DLC also includes costumes for the characters from the original NieR. You can see screenshots of the costumes in this article, which also announces that the DLC pack will be coming to the west.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

To DL and anyone else who's played this game, what was your favourite ending?

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
The True Ending, of course. It was absolutely perfect, and surprisingly not completely depressing/hopeless. But yeah, the True Ending was just so good.

Anyone who says any of the endings were better than the True Ending are wrong.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Started this game last night, and so far the gameplay is really good. Only problem I had was not realizing the game wanted me to tap L2 to lock on instead of hold it, so my camera was whizzing about the place where I was unintentionally cycling through enemies that were surrounding me. I also don't understand yet why anyone would pray for a fallen player, since Repair and Retrieve actually give you something whereas Pray seems to result in zero benefits to yourself.

I just got through the desert area, so I'm not far into the story yet to comment on that at all.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Pray, if I remember correctly, is to help other players. I believe that praying for a fallen player will actually heal them in their game, so it's basically a chance to help another player out. Situational, yes, but there's always the chance that when you pray for a fallen player, perhaps you're saving their ass in their game.

Plus if I'm remembering right (it's been a few months), you can pray for a fallen player and Repair/Retrieve the corpse as well, so honestly it doesn't really hurt to throw a quick prayer in there.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Yeah, I just discovered praying doesn't prevent you from repairing or retrieving, so now I'm using it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video-Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by S&D of Outline