Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Guess who'se back, back again.
Topic Started: Nov 16 2016, 07:09 PM (1,246 Views)
percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
have you tried turning it off and on again?
yep I'm back, tell a friend.

I have come back to reclaim my claim of UG's ranty old man.

So I guess just ask your questions, and such and I might tell you where I have been for those that remember me...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Oh I remember you quite well indeed. So what PC game have you been playing as of late? Anything you'd recommend?

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Welcome back I believe I still got your quote in my signature. XD

I"m looking forward to more memorable quotes my signature needs an update!

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
@Queenzelda

I have been playing BF1 on and off, but the lack of RCON for PC is disturbing, it prevents some one who is renting/owning a server to kick/ban people, and well I love me some custom games. Instead of trying to port RCON like things to the console to raise the bar [for consoles], once again PC is getting dragged down.

As far as games I would recommend.

Stardew Valley ( http://stardewvalley.net/ || https://www.humblebundle.com/store/stardew-valley?hmb_source=search_bar || http://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/ || https://www.gog.com/game/stardew_valley)

Its the most relaxing game I have played in a long time, and its just so pleasant and nice.

If you liked Rollercoaster Tycoon I would suggest the following:

Planet Coaster (3D, focused on making the park look pretty and such, from the people who made RTC 3) https://www.planetcoaster.com/en/ || http://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/?snr=1_7_15__13&utm_source=planetcoaster&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=planetcoaster_website

If you want a more Classic RCT feel Parkitect
http://themeparkitect.com/ || https://www.humblebundle.com/store/parkitect?hmb_source=search_bar || https://www.humblebundle.com/store/parkitect?hmb_source=search_bar || http://store.steampowered.com/app/453090

Kaori I hope I do you proud.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Nice to see you back here Percussive. :D
Shira is a big fan of Stardew, so hunt her down if you want someone to chat about that game with.

As for Planet Coaster, great game too from what I've seen! I've been watching videos on that game since before its official launch, and keep debating if I want it as a nice 3D creative game to play or not.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Welcome back to the forum! Yes I do remember you. So, what have you been up to in the time you were not here?

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
Moonface
Nov 17 2016, 11:33 AM
Nice to see you back here Percussive. :D
Shira is a big fan of Stardew, so hunt her down if you want someone to chat about that game with.

As for Planet Coaster, great game too from what I've seen! I've been watching videos on that game since before its official launch, and keep debating if I want it as a nice 3D creative game to play or not.

If you want a park management game from what I heard (I haven't plaid either that much) go with Parkiteck, if you want "Holy shit I just spent 3 hours making the bathroom look pretty" go with Planet Coaster.

Mr EliteL
Nov 17 2016, 03:17 PM
Welcome back to the forum! Yes I do remember you. So, what have you been up to in the time you were not here?

Trying to find a job, getting one, and wishing I didn't.

Im surrounded by idiots, my co workers mostly are lazy and in one case was a pervy creepy old man (who was finally fired a few weeks ago), when I'm working Im pulling everyone weight.

I work in a gas station and if i had a penny for every time some one was smoking, drove up in a van smoking with their passenger smoking (who has an oxygen take) pumping gas, I could retire and be richer then Bill Gates.

Oh and The gas station is owned by one of the nations largest grocery store chains, (not Wal), our store manager hates us, we are forgotten about, and all our equipment is failing.

Everyone thinks I'm the manager for the station, but I am not I do not evy his job, I just need to get out before I snap. People have said I am the smartest person in the kiosk, well it may or may not be true, I would rather be the dumbest person in a group of smart people more mentally stimulating.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

percussive maintenance
Nov 17 2016, 06:01 PM
If you want a park management game from what I heard (I haven't plaid either that much) go with Parkiteck, if you want "Holy shit I just spent 3 hours making the bathroom look pretty" go with Planet Coaster.
I want to make pretty things, so PC it would be. Seems the requirements for it are way out of my laptops league though. 8-12GB RAM minimum is double+ what mine has. XD

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
Moonface
Nov 17 2016, 06:47 PM
percussive maintenance
Nov 17 2016, 06:01 PM
I want to make pretty things, so PC it would be. Seems the requirements for it are way out of my laptops league though. 8-12GB RAM minimum is double+ what mine has. XD
Ah need an upgrade I see, for a small fee* I could put together a parts list for you for a given budget.

*as I am the PCMR missionary to this place it shall be free. :r

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

My rig would be satisfactory enough to run PC, so when he gets here sometime soon, he could play it no prob. Though, I wonder if we'll need two PCs?

Anyway welcome back PM! Hope you find a better job, soon. That sounds pretty damn shitty.

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
ShiraNoMai
Nov 18 2016, 06:22 PM
My rig would be satisfactory enough to run PC, so when he gets here sometime soon, he could play it no prob. Though, I wonder if we'll need two PCs?

Anyway welcome back PM! Hope you find a better job, soon. That sounds pretty damn shitty.
Thank you Shira,

Yes 2 PCs will be needed,
Remember the couple that frags together stays together. :P

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

ShiraNoMai
Why would we need two PC's? I don't know of any other computer intensive games that we'd both be playing to need more than just a new laptop (which I'd get) and the existing desktop.

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
Moonface
Nov 18 2016, 08:52 PM
ShiraNoMai
Why would we need two PC's? I don't know of any other computer intensive games that we'd both be playing to need more than just a new laptop (which I'd get) and the existing desktop.
Because the couple that frags together in <PC game of choice here> Stays together. :r

Also his and hers battle stations tend to be awesome. Even a basic set up you two can be doing separate things you enjoy but still be together.

Also, from a money standpoint, a desktop is a far better value, dollar/pound to power, and well you can upgrade every part as needed/wanted unlike a laptop.

For example every part in my desktop sans the motherboard and the HDDs, every thing has been replaced in the past year.

Here is what I started with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($66.99 @ Jet)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($48.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 370 4GB PCS+ Video Card
Case: Cooler Master TC102 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply
Case Fan: Kingwin CF-012LB 40.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($5.30 @ Amazon)

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-18 23:55 EST-0500

To this:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($335.62 @ Jet)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Jet)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($83.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($37.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card ($429.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master TC102 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($3.34 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Kingwin CF-012LB 40.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($5.30 @ Amazon)
Total: $991.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-18 23:57 EST-0500

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Which has the customers that need percussive maintenance more? Those on the official support board, or those that you've encountered in offline jobs? :P

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
Moonface
Dec 22 2016, 02:24 PM
Which has the customers that need percussive maintenance more? Those on the official support board, or those that you've encountered in offline jobs? :P
I would say offline. I mean its one thing to be a shithead online to some one you can't see and is more abstract. It is another to be a shit head to some one who you can see, hear and know damn well has no control over the fact that their employer f**ked up by not fixing what is extremely broken.

Oh and what? The wind chill is -8 F* (-22.222... C**) DONT BITCH TO ME THAT ITS COLD OUT WHEN YOU ARE WEARING A TSHIRT (or tang top) AND SHORTS (Or thin summer pajama pants)YOU IDIOT.

I learned the bullet resistant glass isn't necessary for my protection.

* F= Freedom TO THE MOON Units
** C= Commie Units

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Start Screen · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming