Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Multi-Quote Multi-Quote
Add Reply
  • Pages:
BlazBlue Series | EU News, Opening Movie
Topic Started: Feb 18 2017, 05:25 PM (1,625 Views)
Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Yeah, I need to know prices to see if I'm going to be getting this. If it's decent, I'm likely to buy all DLC characters, although I definitely won't if it's pricing like Smash 4's DLC characters. I don't expect them to be, and BlazBlue DLC characters from earlier games were better if I remember correctly, but would also add up high if they're same.

Super happy about Blake and Yang though. Especially Yang, now that I can partner her up with Makoto. At the moment, Ragna/Ruby, Yang/Makoto and Weiss/Es or Weiss/Jin are teams I want to try with the RWBY girls. Haven't decided on Blake yet. Possibly Hazama actually only because of his Ouroboros and Blake's Gambol Shroud as they both enable them to manoeuvre or grab hold of opponents. Yeah these are mainly down to weapons used or techniques to match them, but eh.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

BBCTB Character Trailer #6

The next three characters announced will be featured in DLC Set 1. These will be Platinum the Trinity from BlazBlue, Orie from Under Night, and Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4 Arena. This set will be available for free for two weeks after launch of the base game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJNrP9rQJqs

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Editions, US Prices & English Dub Confirmed

Firstly, Japan's editions prices are as follows: Digital release 5,800 Yen, physical 6,264 Yen, Digital Deluxe (game + All-In- One DLC) 7,800 Yen, and Limited Box is going for 10,584 Yen. DLC All-In-One is 2,400 Yen, and single DLC packs are 600 Yen.

The US prices for some of these have been revealed by Arc Systems. The base game is $49.99 for both physical and digital, with the Digital Deluxe for $69.99. The DLC sets, which feature 3 character per pack and 6 in total, $4.99 each. The complete DLC pack will be $19.99. As stated above, the first DLC set with Platinum, Orie and Kanji, will be free for two weeks. Trailers for the remaining five sets/15 characters are expected to be announced between now and release of the game.

Dual audio options will be available for the game. That all characters will be having a Japanese Dub, and an English Dub. Even BlazBlue, which previously had none for Central Fiction, and Under Night never having any in it's respective series.

Sources: Shoryuken, Siliconera

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

$70 isn't too bad for everything I guess, and it's nice that buying the base game and the full DLC pack separately won't cost more than if you bought the Deluxe edition. Especially if you want to have a physical copy of the game since I'm guessing the Digital Deluxe edition is only available digitally.
Online Profile Quote Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Yo, it's 1 cent less. Sweet! *shot*

Yeah, I'm actually quite pleased seeing how the US prices have gone. To boot, they're getting an English Dub for every character, which if I wasn't pleased with the price, that makes up for it a great deal. Even if I wouldn't use the Dub or not, the fact they're doing that is quite generous. Since Central Fiction didn't have one. I now just hope what the Europe/UK's price will be and if the Limited Box will be available outside Japan.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Ehhhhhh. Not really sure why the game is priced at $50. Should only be $40, in my opinion. Not even because of how much the DLC costs, but I think this should have been a $40 game regardless.

I hate to pull out the "low budget" card, because I support and am a fan of many, many low budget games, but I guess it's because I'm not a huge fan of fighting games that I really don't see why a low budget fighting game is going to be more than $40.

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
So just to be sure I'm assuming if anyone get this most of us are going to be getting it for the PS4 right? Its a fighting game so it probably going to be best played with friends. XD

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Kaori
Mar 13 2018, 02:48 PM
So just to be sure I'm assuming if anyone get this most of us are going to be getting it for the PS4 right? Its a fighting game so it probably going to be best played with friends. XD
Most likely. I expect EL and DL will both get it on PS4 if they get the game, and I would too if I were to buy this.
Online Profile Quote Top

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Okay the obvious choice is since everyone going for the PS4 the best choice of action is to get it for the Nintendo Switch Playstation 4!

I bet it going to be a fun one.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

I thought I was going to be the only one getting this (I know everyone's not final yet, even me), so it's good to know there is potential players on here to fight with. Yes, if I am getting the game, PS4 for sure. :3

Nothing much going on news wise, but I expect a character trailer will be up this or next week.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

BBCTB Character Introduction Trailer #7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0mcIFhFYaI

The next set of DLC characters consist of Persona 3's Aegis, Under Night's Carmine and BlazBlue's Six Heroes member Jubei.

This is probably one of the better character reveals so far for me. Aegis getting in gives a little hope the Persona side isn't just P4 characters. Carmine is someone I'm interested in playing. Jubei as DLC for Central Fiction wasn't a waste in any way, since he finally got into a BlazBlue game, and now included for BBCTB. :3

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
It nice to know that they are going to use characters from P3, but my question is will we finally get characters from before P3?

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Most likely not. I don't even know any characters from Persona 1 or 2. 3, 4 and now 5 being the most recent, have had the most exposure. I'm still hoping for both or either Mitsuru or Akihiko, plus Akira if any others other than P4 make it in. Having a rep from 1-5 Persona games would be cool though, but not enough spaces left.

Need more villain characters though. I don't know who are from Under Night, I assume Carmine and Gordeau could be.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Game Modes & Limited Box Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMlVExEayk

A new trailer detailing Blazblue Cross Tag Battle's game modes, online and limited edition was released today by Arc System Works. All four series will be getting their own story in Episode Mode. Tactics Mode, where the player completes sets of predetermined attacks and combos for specific characters. Training Mode, to teach yourself and hone your skills. Survival Mode, to face consecutive battles against the AI with one health bar per character in your team.

For Online mode there are three different areas. These are what you'd expect for an online fighter. Casual Lobby, Ranked Lobby and Room Match. Players get to interact with each other through the use of 3D chibi characters, messaging and initiating battles within any online mode they are in.

The Limited Box will be available for both the PS4 and Switch, with one difference. Both will include an artbook, game, All-In-One Pack and special box. PS4's unique item is four acrylic stands of Ragna, Yu, Hyde and Ruby. Switch's unique item is two pouches, one with Ragna, Jin, Ruby and Weiss. The second is of Yu, Yusuke, Hyde and Rinne.

Viewing Play Asia, there are also Japan only Limited Boxes. They have the above features, with also a T-shirt, microfibre cloth and B2 sized poster tapestry. Another version of the Limited Box has all this plus a "3D Crystal Set" of Noel Vermillion.

There's also something in the trailer about a soundtrack CD and the first DLC Pack, which I can't understand nor have found English info on yet. :XD: I'm guessing these are pre-order bonuses for whatever version you purchase.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

BBCTB NA Collector's Edition

A bit of late news, but the North American Collector's Edition for BlazBlue Tag Battle has been revealed. Similar to the Limited Boxes above (that are all Japan only), Collector's Edition includes a copy of the game, reversible covers, a 53-page artbook, special box and the four acrylic stands. There'll also be a steelbook case and a 15-track soundtrack CD. This Edition however does not include the All-In-One Pack, nor the special cases for the Nintendo Switch. The price will be $99.99.

I can confirm the pre-order bonus is a 7-track mini OST CD for standard editions of either PS4 or Switch (and the above Japan ones). However, pre-order any of NA versions doesn't include the DLC Character Pack 1.

Pre-orders are set to launch on May 4th on the Arc System Works Gear online store (under deveploment). Also the collector's edition will be available at the Rooster Teeth's store on release date of June 5th, 2018.

Further news; certain GameStop stores with a demo kiosk will have BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle available to play on soon.

If I got some of the news wrong, perhaps about the Switch version indeed having those cases, or pre-order info is wrong, please tell. I've been looking around though, and what I have put seems to be right at the moment.

Images from the Arc System Works site:

Full Collector's Edition Box:

Posted Image

Artbook:

Posted Image

Reversible Covers:

Posted Image
Edited by Mr EliteL, Apr 17 2018, 01:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video-Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme knitted exclusively for UniversalGaming.net