Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Custom Controllers
Topic Started: Mar 16 2017, 09:23 PM (615 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I've never really cared much for custom controllers before, but after seeing this I've changed my mind: Horizon Zero Dawn Custom Controller

I looked on their Facebook profile too but it seems this is their best work thus far. Has anyone else ever seen really cool custom controllers, or even own one?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

I haven't bothered to check out custom controllers. The only one I too notice of was VanossGaming's controllers back when I was watching his videos, just to see what they looked like. Wasn't anything special though. Although apparently there are new ones (to me at least) of his I just saw on Google search that aren't so great.

Anyway, that Horizon one is pretty good. Not sure how comfortable it would be to me, to play with. Not sure if I'd even use it. Same goes with any controllers with added details to it, I'd think. Good for display at least.

I'm a sucker for Tron-related things, and I'd imagine it would look good on a PS4/PS3 controller. There's an Xbox one I've seen that I like. Wait...that's not a proper custom fan-made controller, and is on sale on Amazon. I don't want t include it now. Ah, nuts.

OK, erm. Horizon one is best so far. :XD:

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Official ones can count too, just anything that isn't the standard design controller and has something customised about it counts. ;)
That Tron controller is beautiful by the way. I'd love it even more if those blue neon's only light up when the controller is turned on. :sigh:

King Atem
Member Avatar
PlayStation King
I have a PS2 YuGiOh custom controller. It's broken but I kept the case for it anyway; that's how much I liked it.
Posted Image

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

So since I don't really know of any other custom controllers I went looking for some, and found these: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/20/disneys-awesome-epic-mickey-and-tron-custom-controllers/

Although it isn't a controller I love the Epic Mickey Wii Mote holder, but those Tron controllers look awesome! I think the Wii one is a bit too busy with two neon's crammed side by side onto it, and between the Xbox 360 controller and the PS3 controller, the former wears it so much better!

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Those look really cool I think my favorite is the wii remote holder. XD

Those Tron remotes make me think of one of your EGF theme...if they were green instead. XD

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Ooh, more controllers with the Tron lights. Those are looking sweet. Epic Mickey Wii Remote holder's looking cool too. :D

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

Those controllers are super nice :o

I remember seeing this on Facebook a year or so ago and it's still pretty impressive to watch the making of it.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

So while looking up images for God of War I saw this: God of War PS4 Controller

I thought the Horizon Zero Dawn one was the best I'd seen, but this might just be better. My only concern for usability is the emblem on the touchpad, because it might get in the way when trying to use it or even hinder its use. Otherwise I can't really fault it.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

That God Of War one does look very good. Like the visual texture it seems to have, and that it's been through hard times.

Not sure if this was posted about, although doesn't appear to be in this topic yet, but I remember seeing this before. A large N64 controller, made with two normal controllers to form one for dual analog sticks. Does look ridiculous and far too wide, although can be used to play games like GoldenEye apparently.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

That looks horrifically awkward to use. How would you be able to reach the buttons and the sticks comfortably and efficiently?

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

I knew there was a video of the controller being made through photo shots, and just found it. Also includes the guy using it. I wouldn't want it, but he made it usable at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXmpTt8NmpY

4:17 (or 5:15 to gameplay) for Star Wars Racer, and 7:56 for GoldenEye (8:40 for gameplay).

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I own a Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword GOLD edition wiimote. As well as a Galaxy 3DS XL, both of which still work marvelously. I also own a smallish Skylanders edition Xbox 360 controller that I also use to play my games on my PC with as well. xp

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

queenzelda
Apr 7 2018, 07:06 AM
As well as a Galaxy 3DS XL, both of which still work marvelously.
I loved the Galaxy 3DS XL design. If I hadn't already owned a 3DS, and if it hadn't been an XL model, I'd have probably got it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Systems & Hardware · Next Topic »
Add Reply

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming