Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Miiverse is Closing Down
Topic Started: Aug 29 2017, 03:35 PM (267 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Miiverse Shuts Down This November
Nintendo has announced that it will be bringing its social networking service Miiverse to an end on November 7th at 10pm PT and November 8th at 1am ET / 6am GMT.

Miiverse has been the social networking service for Wii U and 3DS since 2012 and 2013 respectively, and while it makes sense to begin shutting down Wii U related services, no word has been given for what will be replacing the service on 3DS, if anything does at all.

If you happen to have any posts or screenshots hosted on Miiverse that you would like to keep, Nintendo has confirmed on their website that you can download anything you wish to keep onto a PC via the Miiverse website.

How do you feel about the imminent closure of Miiverse? Were you someone who used the service a lot? Do you have any wishes for what may replace the service on 3DS?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

I used Miiverse a little on my 3DS in about 2014 or before the release of SSB3DS and haven't used it since. Although it won't be effecting me, 5 years is kind of short. Seeing as Wii U is obsolete now it I agree makes sense. For 3DS users I hope there's an alternative service, but I probably won't used it anyway.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

IGN wrote a good article about what games will be hit hardest by the shut down.

I'm surprised that Nintendo aren't bothered about the effects it'll have on games such as Splatoon and Smash, although at least the former has an excuse of having a sequel on Switch to focus on.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I use the miiverse a lot to draw & whatnot. I really used it a lot & to see it go is a shame. Tbh, I'm predicting a huge surge of Nintendo based forums opening up after the miiverse goes down. Still, we'll see. I'm going to miss the miiverse, I enjoyed using it as my drawing tool when ever I was in the mood to draw & with it going away it kind of makes me sad. :/

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
I actually watched a video....where a puppet talks about the shutting down of Mii Verse. His reasoning for this was basically advertisement, by not having a unique nintendo social network. People can post their stuff to twitter, forums, and wherever allowing more eyes to see what Nintendo has to offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7-az4eB0iM

PS: And yes I love this person's gimmick.
Edited by Kaori, Aug 30 2017, 06:06 PM.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Nintendo fans be like:

Posted Image

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
I'm sure some nintendo fans are upset. I never owned a Wii U cause Nintendo turned away from it gamer audience so much. It just seemed like their was no reason to really own a Wii so I never got the Wii U. When it came to Miiverse on the 3DS....3DS was basically my game machine of choice along with the PS3, but I never really felt like I needed to go on Nintendo's exclusive social media. XD

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Kaori
Aug 30 2017, 06:05 PM
I actually watched a video....where a puppet talks about the shutting down of Mii Verse. His reasoning for this was basically advertisement, by not having a unique nintendo social network. People can post their stuff to twitter, forums, and wherever allowing more eyes to see what Nintendo has to offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7-az4eB0iM

PS: And yes I love this person's gimmick.
Ah Arlo, he's so funny. I can see where he's coming from & I agree: to a point. But DL is kind of wrong, since I've seen a ton of people saying that closing the miiverse isn't the right thing to do, since it's the only form of social media they have. :/

Posted Image
(more comments seen here)

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I find it a little bit of a piss take that Nintendo have a Miiverse stage as DLC for Smash, and proceed to basically make the purpose of the stage redundant with this move. :,

I didn't use Miiverse but I appreciated seeing it in various games, and it felt like something unique for Nintendo compared to the other companies when it came to socializing. Considering the Switch doesn't have touch input (unless I'm being stupid right now), then Miiverse was going to be redundant sooner or later due to that. Regardless, hopefully they replace it with something else.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Moonface
Aug 31 2017, 02:19 PM
Considering the Switch doesn't have touch input (unless I'm being stupid right now), then Miiverse was going to be redundant sooner or later due to that. Regardless, hopefully they replace it with something else.
Actually, yes the Switch does have touch input. You just have to use your finger for it to be able to pick up that you touched it. It won't work with a 3DS or WiiU stylus but if you say use a tablet stylus or even your finger it picks up the touch input just fine otherwise.

Still, I highly doubt that Nintendo will bring back something like the miiverse because tbh it'll probably take up that whole other server for when Nintendo starts charging for being online while playing games with others. My guess is they need as many spare servers that they can get to help get more people in for matches or whatnot.

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
I'm actually curious for those that do own a Switch could you still say be able to draw on it?

To be honest, I think it could be really neat to be able to sketch on the switch if you were going on a long drive or were working on sometime, but just wanted a change of scenery?

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Kaori
Aug 31 2017, 07:18 PM
I'm actually curious for those that do own a Switch could you still say be able to draw on it?

To be honest, I think it could be really neat to be able to sketch on the switch if you were going on a long drive or were working on sometime, but just wanted a change of scenery?
Actually yes you can. But you can only do so using Splatoon 2 atmo because it has a drawing feature enabled while playing the game so you can draw something while playing Splatoon 2 while playing on your Switch. Tbh, I have no idea how it's done since I don't own Splatoon 2, but I know it's possible to do so since I've seen where this topic was talked about online before. Tbh, I would love there to be a Switch Art Academy title released so you could just use that to draw with for your Switch without having to rely on using Splatoon 2 as your 'art ap'. XD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming