Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Which Pokemon Tier should our tournament be?
Over Used 1 (14.3%)
Borderline 1 (14.3%)
Under Used 1 (14.3%)
Rarely Used 1 (14.3%)
Never Used 3 (42.9%)
Total Votes: 7
Pokemon Showdown Tournament
Topic Started: Sep 30 2017, 01:38 AM (839 Views)
Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
Greeting Pokemon trainers! Do you have what it takes to be a POKEMON MASTER? Want to prove yourself in glorious Pokemon battle? :D

Then your in luck for the first time in UG history we are holding our first official Pokemon SIMULATOR tournament with Pokemon Showdown because nobody that I know of has really participated in the competitive scene before...(That I know of at least except maybe Night Lord?)

You maybe asking why the simulator instead of our actual games? Mainly because using this simulator will allow everyone to participate that want to, and not everyone has the time to dedicate to breeding a competitive Pokemon, but also will give everyone a taste of the competitive scene as it can definitely be more intense than the main game. :)

Most importantly I hope we can all have fun with this. :D

Before we work out the rules and how we are doing this...I want to get sign up out of the way if you will be joining our Pokemon tournament please let me know. Then we can work out the times, the ladder, the rules we are using, and so on. :)

Trainers participating

• Kaori
  • Moonface
  • ShiraNoMai
  • Moral Compass Cricket Thingy
  • Mr. Elite L
  • percussive maintenance

Edit:
To clarify the poll you vote for the highest tier the tournament will allow and everything under that can be used. For example if you choose OU we can use any Pokemon below that, but due keep in mind they are in their tier for certain reasons. ;)

For a list of the tiers and explanation here smogons official sun & moon dex: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/ You can click on the tiers in the pokedex to see a list of all the Pokemon in them and an explanation for the tiers. ;)
Edited by Kaori, Oct 10 2017, 05:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I'll sign up. :)

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
TFW Food Betrays You

Signing up as well. Picked my tier option =3

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
Excellent! Welcome to the tournament trainers!

Also it kinda fun to watch the poll, but I wish their was a way to view it without voting and then voting later. >.< Right now the poll seem very split down the middle. XD

Maniakkid25
Member Avatar
Your resident purveyor of the weird
...You know what, I said I wouldn't, but screw it; I'll throw my hat in. Also, I voted UU, but I actually now think that BL would be a better choice. OU is just kinda boring, you know?

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Unfortunately I'm going to have to change my tune from the other topic. Due to being scheduled to work nearly every day now now, I'll have to pass on entering the tournament.

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
If your wanting to Night Lord please don't let schedule be the reason you don't want too join in. XD

We can work something out and this might not start till the Halloween Birthday bash even. I gotta figure out what everyone schedule is like and pick a good day. XD

Maniakkid25
Member Avatar
Right now mine varies from week to week, but if I have a date in advance I can ask for that day off.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

:lol: The poll. We need someone to break the draw so far. At least Never Used hasn't been chosen. I voted Borderline. Also count me in.

Maniakkid25
Member Avatar
Like I said in my post, mine was UU, but I'm actually in favor of BL, so it's actually 2 votes to BL.

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
RIP AIM 1997-2017
It depends what time (if real time that is...) for me.

Also I voted never used, because having shit pokemon makes things all the more painful FUN!

And what that we are at a 5 way tie, GJ everyone, I am so proud of our ability to be indecisive.

Also Gen 1/2 so Magicarp :r

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I voted on the poll for the 'Never Used' option. I shall decline on entering into the fray. I hope all of you have fun thou. :3

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
Wow out of no where it seem like Never Used it the winner for this.

Thank you to everyone that has signed up for this tournament hopefully this can lead to more online gaming between among us all if all thing go over well.

So here are my current thoughts on how this possibly is going down. I'm assuming everyone has discord or can get discord as I'd like to use this for the tournament. That way the people that want to do a voice group with everyone in it can do it easily and we can all communicate pretty easy. I'll admit I haven't quite looked into this yet, if we can just create a server and we can all get together to spectate the matches and have a good time together.

Now about the day...I"m thinking about the week of the 22nd so for everyone what days would you be available and at what time?

I'm available for any day except Wednesday and usually I'll be available definitely at noonish everyday of the week.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Haha, Never Used. I don't mind, that should be...interesting. :XD:

Five players is an odd number though. Hm. I suppose if everyone played each other once to see who could get knocked out with most losses, and play a decider if there is one. The rest after that play two more matches each, knockout style and the winner is determined there? That's a way I can think we can deal with that if indeed the sign up period has ended.

Kaori
Member Avatar
The Witch
Oh EL we got six PM joined in it jist I didn't update the post yet. ;)
So we have an even number the hard part is deciding the day and time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Contests & Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming