Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Multi-Quote Multi-Quote
Add Reply
EL Plays Tekken 7 | Lili #2, Noctis Arcade
Topic Started: Nov 27 2017, 02:40 PM (287 Views)
Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Here I finally begin playing Tekken 7 online. About time too, been wanting to do this for a long while, but kept putting it off.

I actually really like Tekken 7's gameplay mechanics, better than what we've had before. Tag 2 was my favourite game in the Tekken series and possibly still is, since I like team fighting games. Damage was ridiculous though and quite difficult for newer and not into it's mechanics players, so I could see why people were turned away. Actually, even most players considered it one of the worst in the series. Not me though. Tekken 7 however has, what I've seen, gone down well with good players. I've watched plenty of tournament matches and follow the main Tekken channel, TheMainManSWE, who is very good at execution, and JDCR on Twitch, latter thought of being one of the best. Qudans though...

Anyway, onto more of what this topic is actually about. I'm going to be playing online matches and recording them. Do plan on live streaming at some point, I was going to do so yesterday but my tests weren't going well. I knew just recording the session would be better at the time, however I plan to attempt a stream again. There is no schedule at the moment, so I'll just announce when a new video is coming or a stream in going to go up. If I do stream on Twitch I'll put the video on YouTube later, but streaming on YT is also an option. Maybe even Mixer. With possible live commentary. One thing to know about my playstyle, I am very prone to misinputs and crap defence.

I am up for character requests for those who want to see me try others, although I've got a list of who I am willing to play as. So pick from there if you want. However, I want to focus on Lee, Lili and Jin at first. Then again if I feel I am doing bad with these three, I'm unlikely to play anyone in my "Willing To Play" section.

Character List

Without further ado, enjoy my first Ranked session with Lee. :3

My Personal Comments on Lee Session #1

Yeah, title says it all. Not a great start. I continuously took these guys for granted. Underestimated them, thought I'd sail through easily. I wasn't focusing on defending and assuming I'd get counter hits after counter hits. I know I won't get away with being like that later on, as it'll be much harder. The Miguel player was the best one among them as he was sidestepping, blocking and took advantage of my lacklustre ability of grapples. Good games to him, shame he left. I...absolutely sucked against Paul. That deathfist got me so many times. :XD: Against Yoshimitsu I should've won, he was doing anything. :XD: Also, Law's Rage Art really does suck. Felt sorry for that last player.

My rise will be harder games, but shouldn't be so yet. I expect a few like the Miguel again, just need to deal with less skilled players better. I'm predicting I can get to Brawler-Vanguard with Lee. Hope I can get a little higher, I'd be happy and surprised by that. As I said I'm crap at defending, so I'll make this comment now to save me repeating myself: Expect me to lose a lot due to poor blocks and grab releases. Might do another session today, we'll see.
Edited by Mr EliteL, Apr 3 2018, 12:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

EDIT: Reupload is here!
Already another video, took a while with this in uploading. Much shorter than Lee's since I had recording problems at the end. Two fights weren't fully done, but I kept the first two rounds, with audio issues during them I believe. Here's my first Lili session:

My Personal Comments on Lili Session #1

All in all a good run. Would've kept going if the end didn't mess up. I'll let my Elgato rest. I so shouldn't have lost to Bob, since I destroyed him the next two matches. Ah well. Kinda like how I did poorly at first against the first Devil Jin. Dragunov, the first match was a really close 3-2. Second if you didn't catch it, was 3-1.
Edited by Mr EliteL, Dec 11 2017, 01:15 PM.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Ugh, that fight against Paul at 7:40 went from both of you using decent moves to the Paul player just spamming that one punch attack over and over again when you were 2-1 against them. It sucks you didn't get to beat them so that that technique didn't end up looking like a good idea. D=
Online Profile Quote Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Haha, yeah that was annoying. I wished I blocked more, because I knew they were going to keep doing that. I need to see if I can side step that move too, would be a good help later on. Was bummed I didn't win against him. I like that stage, actually. If I do run into them again, there'll be payback. Kinda doubt it though.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

My second session with Lee last week or so will be getting edited soon. Just finished edited the first Lili session again, as I wasn't pleased with the edit through YouTube. Audio problems mainly. Watched the edit through, and no problems aside from what happened in recording. Shortened down to 22 minutes too, cut out the waiting and sync times. Recording was originally 39 minutes long, with my play time on the day being 45-50 minutes. New video would've been done today, but wasn't expecting a 6 hour long export time from my edit program. Dang. Probably will be editing all videos to get a good fight after fight, so viewers don't need to sit through too much waiting. Will leave my first Lee video though.

The above Lili video will remain until new one is ready.

EDIT: Not anymore. Now it's the new shorter video. Enjoy the better one. :XD:
Edited by Mr EliteL, Dec 11 2017, 01:26 PM.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Lee Session 2 & 2.5!
Originally recorded on 30/11/17.

My Personal Comments on Lee Session #2 & #2.5

I decided during recording to split this session into two, because of a huge lag spike on the last match of the first video. Don't know what it was that caused it, but I'm assuming I'll encounter that more. I threw the match, because you can not play like that at all on a one bar connection. Also they player was trouncing me beforehand. :XD: Also the Jin player. Dang, I need to up my game. Moments where I could've won a round that could've led to a win. Anyway, there were a few matches I played well in, and I got better in part 2.5. Like I mentioned in Last Game Played, I felt it was a mix of me getting a bit better, no Geese match up knowledge of both me and my opponent that got me the wins. I'll see how I fare in the next ranks, with Lee and Lili soon.

I need to check the videos again tomorrow, since I was watching 2.5 and there was playback lag which I think was on my end. Will keep these up still and hope others don't experience the same problem.

Currently training with Jin and Miguel for sessions with them soon as well.
Edited by Mr EliteL, Dec 20 2017, 11:19 PM.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Caw geez, another one?! Well, the two above was done late November, and this was the next session. I'll make sure the next one will be a different character. :XD:

Lee Session #3
Originally recorded on 21/12/17.

My Personal Comments on Lee Session #3

...Paul. At least I did better this time. I would've kept going against that player, but wanted more opponents for this video. Got three in the end. Should've done better, but kept dropping combos as usual. Was hoping to get to Grand Master, but nah. Too many losses. Next session I should get there. I better. :glare:

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Lili Session #2

This was recorded through PS4 Share, so is longer due to connection times. I haven't actually watched the video myself yet.

https://youtu.be/AkI1x61sTao

My Personal Comments on Lili Session #2

Other than what I put the YouTube description, my Lili is about the same or slightly better? Just harder opponents. I continued playing afterwards against another Bryan player. Bryan matches were good too but I lost most of them, 6/9 I think. Would've included them if was using the Elgato. Then more with Lee against two different Paul players. I did not so well in those. *sigh* I should note my Lee is at Grand Master now, but probably close to demotion thanks to the last games.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Noctis Arcade Mode

The heck? I missed the title for the recent Lili update. Anyway, here's me playing Arcade Mode with Noctis. I believe it was on Ultra Hard difficulty. Eh, like that matters. Wanted to show him off to anyone who hasn't seen his gameplay from other than his trailer. Unfortunately didn't get to use a Rage Art or Rage Drive, but that'll surely come up when I play Noctis in Ranked.

You may notice I already had 9 wins. I played twice before, second time Tekken 7 actually stopped working before the 5th fight, so I didn't get a 10th win. Anyway, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-6ZYaNpnE

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Reviews, Guides, & Let's Plays · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme knitted exclusively for UniversalGaming.net