Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Topic Started: Nov 30 2017, 06:22 PM (161 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Posted Image
I'm sure everyone has seen at least one, so what movies have you seen from the MCU? Do you have a favourite, and are there any upcoming movies that you're looking forward to? Which character(s) do you think are portrayed the best in the MCU?

I'm looking forward to seeing Avengers: Infinity War after watching the official trailer, even more so after watching Captain America: Civil War last night. Hopefully it's better than Age of Ultron though, which I found to be less memorable than the first Avengers movie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Hmm, now let me try and think of what I've seen.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange

Also, I've watched the first 3 series of Agents Of S.H.E.I.L.D. too, which does tie in with the Cinematic Universe. Haven't watched any of the other TV shows though.

I've missed quite a few movies now. If I was my sister, my list would be longer. I chose not to go with my family to see Thor: Ragnarok, because they were going to watch it in the evening and I had work in the morning and didn't want to be back late. Although, now I wish I went since did actually want to see it. I've seen the ending to Guardian of the Galaxy and clips from it that included Thanos.

I can agree that Age Of Ultron was nowhere near as great as the first Avengers film. That and Doctor Strange are my favourites so far, since I thoroughly enjoyed both. Civil War was pretty much the unofficial Avengers movie and better than Age Of Ultron, but not the first Avengers. Ugh I feel like I'm repeating myself from amount of times I'm going to go back and forth between the films.

The three Iron Man movies were pretty good, the first two establishing how Robert Downey Jr is suited to be Tony Stark. I say first two since I watched the second before the original. :XD: First one being the better of the three. I don't read the comics, so I'm not aware how well each actor is playing their role. I do find many of them to be likeable though. At first I wasn't into the change of actor for Banner, but that was me being naive. Ruffalo does him justice. :3

I'll accept if there'll be any more changes to actors/characters in the future. I doubt Downey Jr, Evans, Hemsworth and any others are going to keep going due to one of: age (either them getting on, character age comparison), lack of interest, typecasting, feel the need to step down or whatever as they've all been playing them (or will be) for so long. Geez, it's already been 9 years since the start, and we've got films planned up to 2020 so far. Bound to be more too. These are quite darn popular, so there's going to be milking I bet if not already. I wonder when I'll lose interest. :XD:

I kinda ended on a negative note there. So I don't want to. I am looking forward to Infinity War, with the following Avengers move after that. Still want to see Thor: Ragnarok, preferably before I see Infinity War. Others I'm not as interested to see. Damn though, when this is all said and done, imagine watching them all back-to-back. Yikes! Even with the option of avoiding the TV series'.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I'm hoping Robert Downey Jr. remains in the role of Iron Man until the 4th Avengers movie, by which point I'd hope most of what there is to tell is done and Iron Man won't be needed any longer. I think an actor change while the character is still actively being used in movies will be a bit jarring unless they find a way to make a plot point out of it, like a successor or something.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Yeah, I'd like to see him still be Iron Man until then. I don't expect there to be another Iron Man film with him in either, since well three is enough, and what else is there to tell solely on him? Iron Man 3 was OK because it played off Avengers, then continued on. Unless of course it's him handing over the baton to the next Iron Man/character.

Also, female Thor? *shot*
Even though I'm joking, I know it's a perfectly plausible possibility, and other similar plot points of character change (and for any different character). Just...not what happened with Ghostbusters. :XD:

The one thing that's a disappointment is that we'll never see X-Men or Deadpool. We all know the reasons, but, ah it would be even bigger than it already is. Then again I'm happy with how the MCU is now, because even more tie-ins, plot points and all sorts might be too much.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

So, has anyone gone to see Black Panther yet, or going to? I went to see Friday night with Shira and it is currently my favourite Marvel movie. I seriously recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest consideration of checking it out! ;)

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Aw, really? I had a chance yesterday to watch with my sister but dad, but couldn't be bothered. I only slightly regret, but eh. I suppose it's setting up Infinity War quite well then, and learning more about Black Panther, and that area I forgot the name of that he likes to mention. :XD:

I shall refrain from reading the plot anywhere else, or watching any videos on it until the DVD comes out. Unless that doesn't release before Infinity War. Then I should think about trying to catch it sometime on my own. DVD/Blu-Ray release times seem to differ. Actually May 4th is quite close, OSHI-

KyngzIndeyen
Member Avatar
Settled In
Yep, I've seen it, and I really enjoyed it - especially the humour :D . It's probably my second-favourite Marvel movie, after the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

(Granted, I've only seen five of them so far :P )

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Got a chance today in an area with a cinema to watch the movie. Ad break so far, almost thought I had the place to myself. Like two other people. Got the wrong seat when booking, was trying to get back standard seat, but got the front. :lol: See you guys on the other side of the movie. XD

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Neat. So what did you think of it?

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

KyngzIndeyen
Feb 26 2018, 11:30 PM
Yep, I've seen it, and I really enjoyed it - especially the humour :D . It's probably my second-favourite Marvel movie, after the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

(Granted, I've only seen five of them so far :P )
Which five have you seen? :)

EL, did you go by yourself? :lol:

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Moonface
Feb 27 2018, 04:28 PM
Neat. So what did you think of it?

Utterly brilliant, right up there with Doctor Strange and The Avengers movie. Liked the Wakanda civilisation, the glowing vibranium and story. Got a good glimpse into how he came about. Thought the movie was going to be set before Civil War, but that was when he was going to take up the mantle and that scene had to happen first, which makes since now (I kinda forgot about it, that's why I was confused about when this was set). :XD: Ending credit animation is noteworthy, looked impressive.

Great build up to Black Panther's side for Infinity War. I just need to make sure I watch at least Thor: Ragnarok before then.

ShiraNoMai
Feb 27 2018, 07:03 PM
EL, did you go by yourself? :lol:

Yup, I did. There ended up being a few more people in there, I didn't count, but I had the front row all to myself. Plenty of elbow room, guaranteed drink holders and space to stretch out, yes indeedy. :XD:

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Mr EliteL
Feb 27 2018, 08:49 PM
Ending credit animation is noteworthy, looked impressive.
You stayed until the end of both credit sequences right? This movie has two post-credit scenes, but if you did happen to miss the second one I'll fill you in on what it was.
I agree, the end credits are probably my favourite from any movie I've ever seen. I actually hope that's the style they go for for the menu's when the movie gets released to Blu-Ray/DVD.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Yes, I did. I will always stay until all the credits have run through for the Marvel movies. I swear there used be only one end credit scene. They're going to end up throwing a third one in at some point, aren't they? :XD:

I do hope that happens as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Media & Technology · Next Topic »
Add Reply

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming