Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
System Themes
Topic Started: Dec 4 2017, 04:14 PM (358 Views)
ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

PlayStation 2 Nostalgia Theme Coming to PS4
If you were a fan of the PlayStation 20th Anniversary theme that released back in 2014, and/or you're a fan of the PS2 system dashboard appearance, then you'll want to check out this PlayStation 2 Legacy Theme by TruantPixel.

As the video shows, the theme captures many aspects of the PS2 dashboard, right down to the sounds and crystal system clock. If you're still interested, the theme will be released for PlayStation 4 consoles on December 6th for $3.99.

Will you be getting this theme? Do you use themes on any of your consoles? If you don't, how come, and if you do, what themes have you used or are currently using? :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I kept forgetting to post about that theme, but that will probably be the only theme I ever pay money for. It's nice that the sounds and icons actually match the theme entirely, which doesn't tend to be the case for a lot of themes (looking at you, Uncharted themes). My favourite aspect is that the crystal clock is back and it actually works too. :D

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
I'm currently using the theme that came with Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster on PS4. Normally I use the Megadimension Neptunia Lastation theme (because Noire <3) or the Touhou Genso Wanderer theme, as they are both what I call "full themes" (custom music, button icons and button noises). I also used the Blue Reflection theme for a little bit, as the music on it was pretty nice.

I have probably around 30 PS4 themes right now. I normally buy any themes from games that I like, regardless if I plan to use them or not.

On my PS3, I use a Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory theme.

And although they aren't consoles, I'm using a Mary Skelter: Nightmares theme on my Vita and on my 3DS I'm using a combination of a bunch of Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai themes and the 7th Dragon III Code: VFD theme (love the 3DS' ability to cycle through multiple themes).

I might like collecting themes just a liiiiiiitle bit.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

PS3 theme, I'm not really any themes. Just colour variant of the default theme. Either Blue or Red, depending on which account I'm using.

PS4, I haven installed free ones and what I have from games I own too. Currently using Touhou Genso Wanderer's theme. The music has become normal to me now, I must hear it when I log in to my main account. My second one....can't remember what it has. Possibly just a standard one.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Oh yea, I love the themes on my 3DS the most because they're mostly Nintendo based ip's like Mario, Link, etc. xD The Wii U & Switch don't have themes to use, unfortunately. I totes think the Switch will sometime soon though, or at least I'd like if it did. :3 Anyway..

The themes I'm using on my consoles (currently) is as follows:
Xbox 360: Final Fantasy XIII Lightning theme
Xbox One: ReCore game pic I took. (Basically you can take an in game pic & use it for a theme. So I did. Might do again with Super Lucky's Tail sometime soon.)
PS3: White Knight Chronicles Dynamic Theme 1
PS4: Paper Sculpture theme
3DS: Pokemon Radiant Collection theme

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Mr EliteL
Dec 5 2017, 12:21 AM
Currently using Touhou Genso Wanderer's theme. The music has become normal to me now, I must hear it when I log in to my main account.
That theme is 10/10. The sad thing is that it's a free theme, yet is ten times better than 99.99% of the paid themes. Has custom icons, custom music, and if I remember correctly, custom button noises. Most paid themes have one of those three things at most, rarely two of them.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Currently I'm using the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Ink Dynamic Theme which came in the Uncharted 10th Anniversary theme bundle. Prior to that I was using the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Launch Dynamic Theme but as nice as the theme is, the music becomes a little grating after a while.

Blargh
Settled In
Zodiac Age theme in ps4. free and good music on it too.

video of 3DS themes. IGNORE SHAKING LOLOL

Edited by Blargh, Dec 6 2017, 07:08 AM.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Blargh
Dec 6 2017, 07:07 AM
video of 3DS themes.
Hacked 3DS is hacked. I wish there was a theme for Lyn or else I'd have it. Same with the Final Fantasy 9 theme, Final Fantasy has always been exclusive to Sony for the PS1 era titles. Thus I call hax.

Blargh
Settled In
queenzelda
Dec 7 2017, 02:00 AM
Blargh
Dec 6 2017, 07:07 AM
video of 3DS themes.
Hacked 3DS is hacked. I wish there was a theme for Lyn or else I'd have it. Same with the Final Fantasy 9 theme, Final Fantasy has always been exclusive to Sony for the PS1 era titles. Thus I call hax.

Oh it is. I don't care about that part. To get themes like this is worth it.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
queenzelda
Dec 7 2017, 02:00 AM
Final Fantasy has always been exclusive to Sony for the PS1 era titles. Thus I call hax.

Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX on Steam say hi.

Let's also not forget that Final Fantasy VII released for PC in June of 1998 (original release: January 1997), and Final Fantasy VIII released on PC in January of 2000 (original release: February 1999). So yeah... those two kind of haven't been exclusive to Sony for 17-18 years now...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Systems & Hardware · Next Topic »
Add Reply

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming