Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Nintendo Mini Direct - January 11th, 2018
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 04:50 PM (142 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Here's a summary of all the games shown during today's Nintendo Mini Direct, along with the presentation video if you would like to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_u7g5BlfiY

The World Ends With You -Final Remix-
The highly stylized and critically acclaimed Nintendo DS game, The World Ends With You, is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year. The World Ends With You -Final Remix- will include the full original game as well as a new scenario, and it can be played using either the Joy-Con controllers or the touch screen.

Pokken Tournament DX
New fighters, support Pokemon, and avatar items are coming to Pokken Tournament DX in a newly announced Battle Pack for the game. Check out more details and dedicated discussions in our Pokken Tournament Discussion Thread.

Kirby Star Allies
New copy abilities will debut in Kirby Star Allies, including the Artist Ability and Spider Ability. You can even mix and match copy abilities to make new effects, such as using Water and Ice together to create an Icicle Lance. Kirby Star Allies will come to Nintendo Switch on March 16th.

If you're a Kirby fan, you may be interested in our Kirby (Series) Discussion Thread.

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
The ultimate version of Hyrule Warriors is coming to Nintendo Switch this Spring, bringing every map, character, and mission from both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game into a singular package, including all DLC. In total there will be 29 playable characters, 1080p docked resolution, 2-player mode, and new Breath of the Wild-inspired outfits for Link and Zelda.

Looking for a dedicated discussion thread for Hyrule Warriors? Check out our Hyrule Warriors Discussion Thread.

Mario Tennis Aces
A new Mario Tennis game is coming to Nintendo Switch this Spring, featuring a Story Mode for the first time since Mario Tennis Power Tour with a variety of missions, boss battles and more.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA arrives on Nintendo Switch this Summer, and you can see what others have had to say about this game so far in our Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Discussion Thread.

Super Mario Odyssey
A free update called Luigi's Balloon World is coming to Super Mario Odyssey. Check out more details and dedicated discussions in our Super Mario Odyssey Discussion Thread.

SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
Fan-favourite heroines from SNK have gathered together, for two-on-two tag team action in SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy, available on Nintendo Switch this Summer.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Donkey Kong will join Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle as a playable character as part of a new story set in a new world. Get involved in discussion for this game over in our Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Discussion Thread.

Payday 2
A new playable character named Joy will be a timed exclusive for Payday 2 on Nintendo Switch. She’s a computer hacker who wears a customizable LED mask, and you can check her our personally if you grab Payday 2 when it releases on February 27th.

Fe
Starring a fox who has to explore a forest and interact with other animals to learn new abilities that allow it to explore further, Fe will be released on Nintendo Switch on February 16th.

Celeste
A modern take on the action platformer, where if she has the stamina, Madeleine can climb any surface on Celeste mountain, where she'll journey across many dangerous environments and meet peculiar characters when Celeste arrives on Nintendo Switch on January 25th.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Another game leaving the Wii U in the cold, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 4th with a new mode featuring Funky Kong, who has the ability to use a double jump, hover, infinite rolls, and infinite underwater corkscrew moves.

Dark Souls Remastered
Prepare to die all over again, when Dark Souls Remastered hits Nintendo Switch and other systems on May 25th. You can see more about this title and be part of the discussion over in our Dark Souls Discussion Thread.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Eh. Still waiting on Nintendo to show me even a single reason why I should want a Switch.

Dark Souls Remastered? Why even think about getting it on the Switch when it's going to run twice as good on PS4? If I want to play 30 FPS Dark Souls, I'd just stick to the PS3 version.

Ys VIII? Wooh, another port of a game that will have released on PS4 nearly a full year before releasing on Switch.

And more ports of Wii U games. YAWN.

God, when Nintendo said they were going to go all-in on third party support, I was expecting NEW and EXCLUSIVE games, not ports of games that released on other systems well before they go to Switch. Still waiting. I'm tired of the only argument being, "u shud git dem on switch cuz take on go."

And before anyone jumps on me, no, I'm not just bashing Nintendo or the Switch. Yes, I've voiced these opinions a lot. That's because I'm frustrated with Nintendo for failing to provide me any reasons to be excited for the Switch. I want Nintendo to delivery and give me a reason to want a Switch, like I wanted a SNES, N64 and Gamecube, but they just haven't yet. The only exclusive third-party RPG that's even slated for the Switch is that Octopath Traveler or whatever. Other than that, every RPG that the Switch has gotten has been a port of a game that's been on PS3/PS4/Vita/Steam for a year+. It's frustrating to me, which is why you see me vent about it a lot. I'm just waiting for Nintendo to give me a reason, but so far they just haven't been able to.

Just do SOMETHING Nintendo. Stop just getting ports. Go out there and get those third-party exclusives.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Wii U ports I don't mind because I'd rather see those games get a second chance on a decent console people are actually buying instead of being doomed to a system the majority never really gave a shit about and is no longer in production because of that.

I do agree though that the ports are becoming a little tiresome at this point. It just feels like the PS4's first year all over again for me, where it felt like everything was getting a port and started feeling like they were getting a bit too much focus over what a new system should be offering instead.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Glad to see Luigi getting something for Odyssey. Even if very minor. He needed to be there somewhere. :XD: Also, a good moment with Donkey Kong high-five smacking the Peach Rabbid out of the picture. :lol:

Although it's good for Wii U games and other older games to get ported over to the Switch, there needs to be more new interest. The mini direct was a nice start to the year, so looking forward to any big announcements later on.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
The Balloon DLC for SM:O looks like it'll be fun for a while, until every one gets bored with it until the next thing online gets released. XD I never played 'The World Ends With' as it looked like a game I wouldn't care for. Even now I'm 'meh' with it.

Tbh, I was kind of surprised to see Ys VIII: LoD release to the Switch. I played the PS4 demo & I wasn't very impressed with it. :/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by S&D of Outline