Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Board Rules Members Calendar Blogs Cards Active Topics Search
Add Reply
Shining Resonance Refrain | Character Trailer
Topic Started: Feb 21 2018, 04:40 PM (196 Views)
Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHMb9qaYLg

Developer: SEGA
Publisher: SEGA of America
Platform: PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Release Date: July 10th, 2018
Genre: Action RPG
Official Website

Sega announced this morning that Shining Resonance Refrain, the remaster of the PS3 RPG that released only in Japan, will come to the West this summer on PlayStation 4.

Shining Resonance originally released in Japan in 2014 as a PS3 title. It’s a traditional RPG with a real-time action battle system and a focus on music with instrument-style weapons an melodic attacks.

As for the remaster, it comes with over 150 DLCs from the original game with new songs and new costumes. There’s a new “Refrain Mode” that throws in a “what if story” featuring featuring Excela Noa Aura and Jenius Aeon who normally don’t join your party.

Find more information about the game at Siliconera.

So. Much. f**king. HYPE.

So glad to see SEGA announce this for localization! I've always heard it's one of the best JRPGs on the PS3, but unfortunately it was never localized. So glad that SEGA has realized we want their JRPGs and has decided to bring the remaster to us. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game and finally try it.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 and this in the same year... SEGA already wins 2018. Though if they announce a new Project DIVA game as well, they win the next ten years.
OFFLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Awesome to hear a game not localised being done again for remaster, and available outside of Japan now. Even Switch is getting it? Nice I guess. Also, there was 150 DLC for the original game? Even if it's mainly just cosmetics, or whatever else, that amount is quite big. I take it those are with the game this time?
Edited by Mr EliteL, Apr 28 2018, 08:27 PM.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
The DLC from the original release is mostly costumes. All of the original DLC is included in this remaster, so we'll have all of those costumes.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

PS4, Xbox One, and Switch copies of the Draconic Launch Edition of Shining Resonance Refrain are now up for pre-order on Amazon: PS4 Version (US) | Xbox One Version (US) | Switch Version (US)

I wasn't able to find any pre-orders for the edition on a UK retailers website yet.
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Shining Resonance Refrain - Characters Trailer
Don't just get a load of these beats, get a load of these characters too in this new trailer for Shining Resonance Refrain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchT5pO4X6U
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Also important to point out that the game has received a July 10th release date. Which is much earlier than I was expecting (I thought September/October at the earliest).

July just got even better for me.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Why, oh why did I have to watch the trailer? >.< Much want. T_T Argh, now to decide which console to get it on. Honestly though, atmo I don't think that the Switch can play such a pretty game like that w/o crashing lots. Though Xenoblade Chronicles 2 plays good on the Switch, I'm dubious this title will atmo tbh. Eh, I might wait for reviews on each console & decide from there.
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

My God, the post I made earlier was full of blunders. I edited to make it sound like I had some sense in my typing ability. :XD:

Never replied to DL's comment about the DLC from the earlier version. Awesome to know.

Liked the trailer left Yuma as the last character to introduce. I see you get to play as any of these six, but the story follows him. Pretty obvious when he mentioned his identity and motivation.

I take it the launch edition is just the slip case. Still, a good extra for pre-ordering/at launch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Video-Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Game Night created by Sarah of We Are The Walking Dead