Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Splatoon 2 | Octo Expansion Announced
Topic Started: Jan 13 2017, 09:30 PM (233 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

During today's Nintendo Switch presentation, Splatoon 2 was revealed as a game for the system.

The game is expected for a Summer 2017 release, with content updates and in-game events to follow. There will be new weapons, outfits, stages, and more. Local and online multi-player will be supported.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
Eh, I knew this was coming. It had been leaked as Spla2n on most every Nintendo website I tend to read long before this was announced. xD

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Splatoon 2 Themed Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Revealed
Nintendo has unveiled a Splatoon 2-themed Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, due for release on July 21st, the same day as the game itself.

Posted Image

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

I wonder if this is related to the fact they discounted the original $5 off, and added $5 to the price of this one :hmm:

I do really want this, though ouo

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
So sometime at the end of the week I should be able to get myself a Nintendo Switch (Hopefully the splatoon 2 bundle cause Pink + Green > Red & Blue joycons) I'm curious who else owns it and would you be interested in playing online with me? :)

I'm really looking forward to playing this cause I just love the concept...and it also includes character customization so this is pretty awesome for me. :D

ShiraNoMai
Member Avatar
Always Yish*

I would love to pick this up at some point, and I'm sure Moony would love to play multiplayer with you as well. It's just a matter of when we decide to get it :XD:

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Well I know the developer said Splatoon 2 will be getting new content until next year and their will be multiple splatfest held. :o

So I of course got Splatoon 2 cause I just love the concept and everything and what I can say is. It an excellent and fun game with tons of customization options a neat concept to your usual competitive shooter game. :D Instead of a focus on killing your enemies the bigger focus is on coloring the entire field in your ink....and if you encounter a disgusting color of ink that is not your own.....YOU BLAST IT TO KINGDOM COME AND SLAY THE FILTHY SQUID THAT DARES SOIL YOUR TERF! :glare: Due to this concept you don't even have to be good at shooters to be helpful to your team mates. :D Their are also a variety of of weapons to choose from and some of them aren't even guns at all like a paint roller, a paint brush, and finally a paint bucket! To color the field more traditionally....and of course clean away all the filth....>.>

It also offers a co-op mode with salmon enemies where you work together to kill the salmon and harvest their eggs for a mysterious very bear like individual who gives you payment to keep up your lavish lifestyle of staying fresh which their are plenty of shirts, hats, and shoes of varying fresh style so any squid can find their own unique style. (The styles also come with their own unique power up which I believe it is possible to get certain powerup on certain clothes, but I have yet to reach a level that would be worth it for me to do. )

The maps are rotated throughout the day for the different modes, but the shop are only changed once a day I believe so you'll never know what fresh styles you'll find. :D
Edited by Yuri, Sep 11 2017, 01:07 AM.

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
I want to talk about Splatoon 2 actually.

After a little hiatus I went back and there has been a huge patch that came out and it has really improved the game in small ways. one of the best changes is the ability to change your gear after a game!

This saves so much time and makes it a lot easier to switch weapons for your grind to get that sweet squid gear. :)

They also added more hairstyles and bottoms for your squid which I am personally a big fan of and more weapons and clothes! All great things! For those of you that get the gamer later your lucky!

I also want to stress for those that do get the game please make sure to check out the other squids wandering your Inkopolis plaza for some pretty sweet art and of course the memes.

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Splatoon 2 Joy-Cons Coming to US Stores
Nintendo of America have announced that the Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons for Splatoon 2 will soon be available as a standalone product in US stores.

The Joy-Cons have been a standalone product in Japan and the UK already, with the only ways to get them in the US being to either import them, or purchase the Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle. No release date has been confirmed as of yet.

I'm really excited about this, since any of the other colour choices for Joy-Cons have been a single colour except for the red/blue combo, and I've been wanting to see more combo colours. :D

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
I got the Splatoon 2 bundle so I already had them. Thet are definitely a nice bright color combination. :)

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

New Splatoon 2 amiibo and Map Announced
Pearl and Marina, two of the most popular characters in Splatoon 2, are getting their own amiibo figures! The pair will launch in stores exclusively as part of a 2-pack later this year for $25 USD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBo54LdBZDg
Also coming soon will be a new map called Goby Arena and a new weapon known as the Dark Tetra Dualies, which allows the wielder to perform four consecutive dodge rolls. You can see a gallery of images courtesy of Nintendo Versus on Twitter.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

For the collectors of the Splatoon amiibo, these two would look good along with Callie and Marie. Just as long as those collecting them have those two, of course what with amiibo limitations. :XD:

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
You know I'm surprised it took them long enough to release these two as amiibos. XD

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion Announced
The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2 this Summer. Play as an Octoling for the very first time in this large-scale full-on single-player adventure that spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens without her memories on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll finally be able to join multiplayer matches as an Octoling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBr6GqyuWnA
Nintendo also announced Splatoon 2's 3.0 update will be released in "late April." Version 3.0 will feature additional stages, over 100 pieces of new gear, and Rank X, a new rank that's even higher than S+!

Yuri
Member Avatar
I have no shame
Okay so I am hyped for the Octolings! I thought this was going to be something they saved for Splatoon 3, but I am really happy that they're already adding Octolings into the game. :D

I think the price for that will be worth it! Though due to this I wonder how they are going to top Splatoon 2? Going on more about the DLC I love the dramatic of the subway that they got going on with all these Splatoon characters being on it. I hope the story will reveal some more interesting lore about the Splatoon world. :)

PS: I bet when this DLC is released you are going to be mostly fighting Octolings in online battle for days!

Edit:
Just to share a render of the splatoon 2 octolings and some squids with attitude:
Posted Image
Edited by Yuri, Mar 11 2018, 03:29 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video-Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

UniV3rse designed by Moonface exclusively for Universal Gaming