Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Board Rules Members Calendar Blogs Cards Active Topics Search
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Parties
Topic Started: May 3 2018, 04:46 PM (250 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Was going to make this about birthday parties but eh, what makes those parties so much more special? :r

So, do you go to parties, been to any parties, hosted parties, party hard? Let's see if anyone can beat me for least amount of birthday parties, which I think is two. I can remember one of them right now, but not the other so I'm unsure whether it happened or not. >.<
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

For birthday parties, rarely had them. Maybe three, I vaguely remember thr--wait, I think two were somebody else's, and I was just there. :XD: So those are three birthday parties, not necessarily were mine, I've been to. That I remember.

One was a big event, a load of us from the same class going to a place with a huge ball park and other children's play...structures. I don't know the word. All I remember is the ball park, but don't remember what happened apart from what you'd expect. Playing tag, hiding from each other and throwing the balls around in there.

Another was at McDonald's, having a fast food meal and going to their children's play area.

One that I think was mine was hosted at my house with two or three friends plus my brother and sister possibly. Just playing games and eating snacks. That's it really.

These were all when I was a lot younger though. Other similar events would've been at my primary school, I remember the song YMCA being played there. Can't remember what it was for though. End of year thing perhaps, but wasn't the usual annual event that happened. Or I'm just remembering wrong.

No parties for when I was a teenager to now. I live a fun filled life.
OFFLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
I've been to all of my nephew's parties & got invited to at least two friend's birthday parties. So far they're usually the same people show up, you have ice cream, cake & food. That person open ups gifts & then you're allowed to be let go to have fun. Usually with kids parties your going outside & they play in a huge bounce house. For most adult parties, they tend to have them at places like GameWorks. I prefer going to GameWorks. =p
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Mr EliteL
May 3 2018, 07:05 PM
Other similar events would've been at my primary school, I remember the song YMCA being played there. Can't remember what it was for though. End of year thing perhaps, but wasn't the usual annual event that happened. Or I'm just remembering wrong.
That sounds like the school disco that was on every year, but I don't think that was at the end of the year. Wasn't the end of year thing usually when all the inflatables turned up?
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
RIP TotalBiscuit.
Going to parties would require me to have friends to invite me to. :r

Last party I went to I ended up asking my ex out on.....yeah....that was holy shit close to 10 years ago...and even then that was tame, the "wildest" it got were like 2 people doing flaming ever-clear shots*.

Two memories combined, The flaming everclear shots wasn't at a party but a small get together and I was taking pain pills from a surgery I had. To be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR FLAMING EVER-CLEAR SHOTS ARE A REALLY REALLY PANTS ON HEAD DARWIN AWARD WINNING STUPID THING TO DO!
Edited by Moonface, May 4 2018, 04:10 PM.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Lady Queen
percussive maintenance
May 4 2018, 12:34 AM
... the "wildest" it got were like 2 people doing flaming ever-clear shots.
:XD: Oh yea, it reminds me of a Christmas party I went to last year where that happened. It got to the point of where they were doing bets per shot ($1 or so), it was crazy. :rofl:
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

I've never been to a party that involved shots (celebrating a birthday at a bar doesn't count as a party to me) and wouldn't want to either. It's bad enough when we'd have family parties at my house and you'd get up in the morning to a living room of hungover people. :/
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
I avoid parties like the plague. They usually involve two of the things that I hate most...

1) Alcohol
2) Humans

The only kind of party I want to be involved in is of the gaming variety. :r

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Dragon Lord
May 4 2018, 04:16 PM
You'd like the parties Shira and her friends do then, since sometimes they play video-games at them. XD
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

KyngzIndeyen
Member Avatar
Settled In
These days, I never really do. I tend to just have birthday/Christmas meals rather than parties now :P .

I was never one for parties, though. In my experience, they tend to be made up mostly of chatting and dancing - both things which I'm terrible at IRL.

Mr EliteL
Member Avatar
Hardcore Gamer

Moonface
May 3 2018, 08:09 PM
Mr EliteL
May 3 2018, 07:05 PM
Other similar events would've been at my primary school, I remember the song YMCA being played there. Can't remember what it was for though. End of year thing perhaps, but wasn't the usual annual event that happened. Or I'm just remembering wrong.
That sounds like the school disco that was on every year, but I don't think that was at the end of the year. Wasn't the end of year thing usually when all the inflatables turned up?
Ah yes, the disco. Still hasn't triggered a memory of when it was held in the school year. I can only remember one time, which was that one, and I was denied a dance or something. I don't know why I even wanted to do that with anyone there.
End of year event was the inflatables on the field. Ah, the tunnel maze. Good times. I don't know if they do that anymore. I'm probably not paying attention if they do, even when I live so close to the school and should hear the music and cheering.

Do remember one other birthday party I was invited to in primary school, most of the class went. It was the birthday of the most popular girl in our class, and I was happily shocked receiving an invitation. Most of the party was spent in their back garden, with a climbing frame, slide and possibly a trampoline. I swear I made a fool of myself or had an embarrassing accident on the climbing frame. Eh.

I don't want to go to parties that includes alcohol. Mainly because I don't drink any, and if I'm staying over for the night and find hungover people, or being around drunks, stuff I don't want to deal with. Also don't like the idea of people going to a party purely for booze and/or to get laid. Even if unintentional. Shouldn't be the goal for a party.

A party should be some kind of celebration or get together, with the host(s) providing refreshments (guests can also bring their own), games, and general fun for all. A day to remember.

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
RIP TotalBiscuit.
Moonface
May 4 2018, 04:12 PM
It's bad enough when we'd have family parties at my house and you'd get up in the morning to a living room of hungover people. :/
...and the most exciting things get at my family get together is my mom getting (easily) drunk off wine so that she can not figure out how to play candyland...

Moonface
Member Avatar
Dafuq u doin?

Mr EliteL
May 4 2018, 09:08 PM
End of year event was the inflatables on the field. Ah, the tunnel maze. Good times.
That tunnel maze will forever be the best thing any kid got to do at that school. That thing was legendary. :wow:

I remember going to a birthday party that was at Hollywood Bowl in primary school. Not sure what year exactly, but I know that WWE's DX were a big thing at the time because when everyone was having a group photo taken the birthday boy wanted everyone to do the DX crotch chop and say Suck It as the picture was taken. :rofl:
ONLINE PROFILE QUOTE TOP

percussive maintenance
Member Avatar
RIP TotalBiscuit.
Dragon Lord

Ah yes old school LAN parties.... Fraging the n00b right next to you.

Drinking Jolt and Bawls.

Memories.
Edited by percussive maintenance, May 4 2018, 09:35 PM.

Dragon Lord
Member Avatar
Lv. 99 Weeb
Moonface
May 4 2018, 04:20 PM
Dragon Lord
You'd like the parties Shira and her friends do then, since sometimes they play video-games at them. XD
I wasn't referring to an actual party, but rather when you and friends form a "party" in a game. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Game Night created by Sarah of We Are The Walking Dead