Universal Gaming
Back Pain - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Back Pain (/showthread.php?tid=1109)

Back Pain - Nebulous - Jul 3rd, 2022

How do you deal with back pain?

RE: Back Pain - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2022

Usually I do an elongation stretch or have @ShiraNoMai massage my lower back or outright sit on it while pulling me up by my shoulders. XD

Fortunately I've not had my lower back ache for a while now that I think about it. ^_^

RE: Back Pain - Mr EliteL - Aug 17th, 2022

At the moment just laying down if I get any back pain, or if it's very minor in the moment pain, just straighten my back or stretch if I can. Luckily don't get it often as I suppose I'm still young enough or not done anything too bad to warrant any causes.

RE: Back Pain - ShiraNoMai - Aug 19th, 2022

(Aug 16th, 2022, 01:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Usually I do an elongation stretch or have @ShiraNoMai massage my lower back or outright sit on it while pulling me up by my shoulders. XD

Fortunately I've not had my lower back ache for a while now that I think about it. ^_^

I imagine this has come from 1) correcting your sitting posture, considering how awful it was in the past and 2) considerably strengthening your lower back from working.

I have fibromyalgia, so I'll always be in some kind of pain there from oversensitive nerves. It's managed with some medicine I take, but massage therapy has always worked wonders on top of that, in addition to now working out making the muscles in my back stronger and less prone to strains for any reason.

A good hot shower or bath tends to be really good on the pain, though, if you ever need that. In addition to anti-inflammatories, of course.

RE: Back Pain - Moonface - Aug 20th, 2022

(Aug 19th, 2022, 03:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I imagine this has come from 1) correcting your sitting posture, considering how awful it was in the past and 2) considerably strengthening your lower back from working.
On the second point, I was still suffering from bad back pain when working in England so I think most of the alleviation has come from sitting better. I used to always sit in the Death Note L posture from a young age whereas now when I'm sitting it's on a couch. The only flip side to that though is now my legs will start to ache after a while of sitting normally but that may be because I'm keeping my legs immobile for hours on end whereas my other posture at least had me move my legs from time to time due to switching positions.

RE: Back Pain - ShiraNoMai - Aug 20th, 2022

That can be alleviated by getting up hourly to stretch Tongue

RE: Back Pain - Moonface - Aug 20th, 2022

But that requires me to not be a lazy sack of shit! D=  Cry

RE: Back Pain - Nebulous - Aug 29th, 2022

I need to do more stretching!  I went to a chiropractor and he gave me all these stretches to do and I hardly did any of them.

RE: Back Pain - ShiraNoMai - Sep 1st, 2022

You should get yourself a foam roller and learn some stretches on these. It feels SO good to use and you do plenty good for your body for doing so. Grin

RE: Back Pain - Nebulous - Feb 27th, 2023

(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
You should get yourself a foam roller and learn some stretches on these. It feels SO good to use and you do plenty good for your body for doing so. Grin

Thanks for the tip, maybe I will get one!! Grin