Universal Gaming
Latest Gaming Purchase - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Latest Gaming Purchase (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Dragon Lord - Apr 18th, 2024

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS)

Been waiting forever for this to go on a decent sale. Saw Walmart had it for $20 off online, which is the most I've seen this game discounted by yet. Could have continued waiting for a bigger discount, but decided to just bite the bullet on it and take the $20 discount because knowing Nintendo this will be the largest discount I'll see on the game any time in the next 10-40 years.

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Moonface - Apr 18th, 2024

Didn't know you were into Kirby games @Dragon Lord. Tongue

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Dragon Lord - Apr 19th, 2024

I haven't really gotten into many of the newer Kirby games, but I was a huge fan of them back in the day. Kirby Superstar is one of my favorite SNES games (of course this includes the Ultra version that released on DS), Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland was one of my favorite GBA games (especially thanks to the Fountain of Dreams theme from the final boss fight, which can also be heard in Super Smash Bros Melee on the level of the same name). I also greatly enjoyed Kirby 64 as a kid.

I've wanted to play The Forgotten Land since it released, because I heard a lot of people say that was the "Dark Souls of Kirby games" and it piqued my interest. One thing about Kirby games is that they tend to be far too easy, so I'm interested in a Kirby game that can maybe provide an ounce of a challenge in it. Of course I'm not expecting a Souls-like experience here, just interested to see if the game does actually give the player a slight challenge at all or not. Either way, I expect to have a lot of fun with it because from the game play I have seen, it looks really great.

I just don't like paying full price for Nintendo games because they just... don't really feel worth it most of the time, and even though I like Kirby and think I'll enjoy the game, I still couldn't pull the trigger at a full $60 for it.

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - ShiraNoMai - Apr 19th, 2024

Understandable. I think that's what I'd pay for that game, too. I wonder if that sale is still live...

Recently got the Spring Into Learning: Humongous Entertainment Bundle from Humble Bundle. All the classic edutainment games from the 90's/00's like Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, etc. It was 38 games for $15. Not bad Shrug

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Dragon Lord - Apr 19th, 2024

The sale price is (at the time of this post) still in effect. $39.99 online at Walmart. Best Buy is the next cheapest at $42.99, while Gamestop remains at $59.99, or $54.99 for a pre-owned copy (wow Gamestop, wow).

Target and Amazon both show the game being completely unavailable.

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Dragon Lord - Apr 26th, 2024

Stellar Blade - Digital Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Stellar Blade (PS5 - physical copy)
Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution - Limited Edition (PS5)
Grandia HD Collection (PS4 - LRG Physical copy)

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Moonface - Apr 26th, 2024

(Apr 26th, 2024, 02:18 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Stellar Blade - Digital Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Stellar Blade (PS5 - physical copy)
I don't think I could ever have enough confidence in a game before playing it to buy two copies of it like this. XD

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Dragon Lord - Apr 28th, 2024

The demo for the game really solidified my decision to buy it twice, and I haven't regretted it yet. The game just keeps getting better and better the further into it you go.

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - Moonface - Apr 28th, 2024

Dead Space (PS5) - $30
Was in Target to grab some kitty litter and decided to look at the game section just cuz. Saw this was $40 off so decided to just grab it. Tongue