Universal Gaming
Where in the World #18 - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Contests & Events (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Archived Contests (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Where in the World #18 (/showthread.php?tid=1255)

Pages: 1 2

Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 22nd, 2022

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
WHERE IN THE WORLD #18

It's time to figure out where in the world I am once again! Grin

How It Works
  • You only need to name the country in most cases. Guesses that involve areas such as the USA as the answer will require a state as well due to their large size.

• Sometimes I might be located on an island, or another location that is not itself a country nor within an actual country. If that location is not a country, then I will treat that location as being the country to which it belongs to as a territory. So if I am located on an island that is a territory of Spain, then Spain will be its country. However, in instances like this, the correct answer can also be the exact territory name if that is given before the name of the country that territory belongs to.

• This is a team based game, however I will award bonus points to those who assist the most in narrowing down the answer.

• Each participant may ask two yes/no questions to narrow down the country per day; however guessing the country/territory/US state itself by name has no limit. Guessing the country/territory incorrectly will not reward points though, due to the fact it has unlimited tries.

• Asking a yes/no question that results in an answer that notably gets closer to the destination will reward you with 2 points. A yes/no question that results in an answer that does not notably narrow down the answer will reward you with 1 point. Finding the correct country will reward you with 4 points. As an example, if you asked me "Are you located in the continent of Africa?" and I tell you no, that would be worth 1 point because there are still six continents I could be located on. If I were on that continent though, you would have notably narrowed down the answer to get 2 points.

• I may make adjustments to the game if necessary.

• If you have suggestions for different ways to award points based on progress, I welcome you to share it. Smile

Here's the photo I took when I arrived at my new location! Where am I?

[Image: wLNe631.png]

RE: Where in the World #18 - ShiraNoMai - Dec 23rd, 2022

Are you on the Asian continent?

RE: Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 23rd, 2022

(Dec 23rd, 2022, 05:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are you on the Asian continent?
No.

RE: Where in the World #18 - Mr EliteL - Dec 23rd, 2022

That was also going to be my first question so I waited for the answer to it.

Are you in Europe?

RE: Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 23rd, 2022

(Dec 23rd, 2022, 10:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That was also going to be my first question so I waited for the answer to it.

Are you in Europe?
Yes.

RE: Where in the World #18 - Kyng - Dec 26th, 2022

Are you in a Nordic country?

RE: Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 26th, 2022

(Dec 26th, 2022, 01:14 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Are you in a Nordic country?
No.

RE: Where in the World #18 - ShiraNoMai - Dec 27th, 2022

Is the official language of the country native to itself?

RE: Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 27th, 2022

(Dec 27th, 2022, 01:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is the official language of the country native to itself?
Yes.

RE: Where in the World #18 - ShiraNoMai - Dec 27th, 2022

Was this country occupied by Nazi Germany (or more specifically, the German Reich)?

(Dec 27th, 2022, 03:15 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Was this country occupied by Nazi Germany (or more specifically, the German Reich)?
Yes.

RE: Where in the World #18 - Frank - Dec 27th, 2022

Is it Turkey? Grin

(Dec 27th, 2022, 07:28 PM)Frank Wrote:
Is it Turkey? Grin
No. Turkey is also not in Europe, which was something narrowed down earlier in the thread by EL. Wink

RE: Where in the World #18 - ShiraNoMai - Dec 30th, 2022

Are you in Czechia?

RE: Where in the World #18 - Moonface - Dec 30th, 2022

(Dec 30th, 2022, 04:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are you in Czechia?
Am I in what now? ROFL
No. Tongue