Universal Gaming
Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - ShiraNoMai - Feb 16th, 2021

I'm actually shocked to know that they "constantly" play an older hit on the radio these days instead of any of the newer stuff. Though, it was around that era that I stopped listening to the radio really so I don't quite know what's on it anymore LOL

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Feb 16th, 2021

Yeah, the radio stations around here still play songs from 2010 or so a lot, and a lot of them have specific times where they'll play songs from the 80s and 90s still. It's nice, though of course they do their fair share of playing the same two songs over and over again as well. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Heard a metal cover of this song during a stream a while back, but forgot to look it up myself. Ended up finding this version (released in January), instead of the one I heard before. Even though it wasn't the one I meant to find, I listened to it and I gotta say, it's pretty damn good. Thunder Rolls is one of my favorite country songs from the 90s, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to covers of it, but I have to say they did a great job. The song sounds really good with more of a rock/metal sound. 

For anyone wondering, I also did find the one I meant to search (cover by All That Remains in 2017), and I have to say that these guys did a much better job. All That Remain's version has too much noise going on it and it has female vocals during the chorus that just make the chorus sound extremely messy. Definitely glad I happened to come across this one instead. All That Remain's version for anyone interested in comparing them yourself.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Feb 19th, 2021

Okay, there's an interesting thing happening in this song. So, the opening riff is pretty standard 4/4 time, just with weird accents. Then, it gets to the 7/8 riff (where the actual lyrics are), and you get to why the song has people's attention. See, the riff is played by two different guitars, and is actually a 7:13 polymeter. One guitar is just playing 7/8 time, while the second guitar is playing the same riff, but cutting off the last beat of every other measure (making it 13/8 time total), leading to the weird echo effect you start hearing as the riffs go out of sync and back. Once it does that for one full cycle, the two guitars start playing the same riff again without removing any beats, but it's still a crazy-sounding section.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Feb 28th, 2021

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Mar 4th, 2021

Without Me - Eminem

No idea why but I'm listening to it. XD

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Mar 10th, 2021

bury a friend [sic] - Billie Eilish

I'm a little late to this train, as I tend to be. When I first heard of her, I immediately dismissed her as another flash in the pan pop star that was manufactured and happened to roll a jackpot, and actually listening to bad guy did not help that viewpoint. But then I heard this song (or rather, saw it examined by David Bennett, a Music Theory youtuber), and my attention was grabbed at that moment. So, I read up on her a little, and WOW I UNDERESTIMATED HER! Turns out, she and her brother wrote and produced all the tracks on her album that made her big, and she's breaking ridiculous records at less than 20 years old. So, yeah, I'm gonna listen to that entire album when I get the chance.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Mar 21st, 2021

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Karo - Mar 23rd, 2021

300 years and still no one knows! The secret remains and if you'd like to hear about the song and the history it talks about

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Mar 28th, 2021

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Mr EliteL - Apr 1st, 2021

Chaos Magic Furyborn album, End of the Dream Until You Break album

Two albums I bought recently, both very good. Chaos Magic was a band I found a little while ago, then got suggested by Amazon so I listened a song then instantly bought it. XD Along with a wrist support I needed.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Apr 6th, 2021

Everything I Said - The Cranberries

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Apr 16th, 2021

15 Step - Radiohead

If you know Radiohead as "that band who did Creep", this song is gonna sound very, very strange. If you know Radiohead as what they want to be -- an experimental rock band -- this is a pretty standard Radiohead song. I'm a bit of a sucker for non-4/4 time signatures, too, and this song being in 5/4 scratches that.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Apr 18th, 2021

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Mr EliteL - Apr 18th, 2021

Random on my entire music library that's on my mp3 player, somehow completely forgot what played before this but at the moment I'm listening to LEAH - Alpha et Omega annnd now....Delain - Your Body Is a Battleground ft Marco Hietala.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Apr 22nd, 2021