Universal Gaming
Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Aug 18th, 2021

The Sufferer & The Witness (album) by Rise Against

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Aug 25th, 2021

Spiders - System of a Down

Classic track by a kickass band, I was actually thinking of this song while trying to make a new custom deck in MTG Arena (it's spider themed, hence the song).

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Aug 31st, 2021

@Maniakkid25: I always hear that song mentioned as a very good track by SoaD but I've never listened to it. XD

Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony (album)

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Monocle - Sep 1st, 2021

hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Sep 3rd, 2021

On Call - Kings of Leon 

Listening to this while waiting to be seen for my MRI I have in about five minutes.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Sep 10th, 2021

Smells Like Teen Spirit -- Nirvana

Happy 30th birthday, Smells Like Teen Spirit! Your legacy on popular culture is a stranglehold, I can assure you.

RE: Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Sep 13th, 2021

(Sep 10th, 2021, 05:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Smells Like Teen Spirit -- Nirvana

Happy 30th birthday, Smells Like Teen Spirit! Your legacy on popular culture is a stranglehold, I can assure you.
I bet Kurt would be unhappy that the song still has that legacy considering how much he hated it. Can't believe the song is 30 years old though. Gasp

I'm listening to whatever Spotify picks at random from my Minecraft playlist because I wanted something simple and chill to keep calm while I waited to see if my character was going to die in D&D. I barely passed my last death saving throw. Shock

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Sep 13th, 2021

He would hate the fact that Nirvana itself has the legacy it does, given it goes against the entire ethos of Grunge (going mainstream was NOT what Grunge artists wanted), but the fact is it did, and he wrote one of the most important songs of all time. Oh well.

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Sep 13th, 2021

Do you think Nirvana would have gone mainstream if Teen Spirit didn't happen?

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Sep 15th, 2021

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Sep 15th, 2021

(Sep 13th, 2021, 02:10 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Do you think Nirvana would have gone mainstream if Teen Spirit didn't happen?

Absolutely not! Smells Like Teen Spirit is lightning in a bottle, though; it came to represent the then coming-of-age Gen X'ers, and happened to drop as Hair Metal was falling off a cliff, what we would recognize as Modern Pop was still treated with no respect, and Gangsta Rap had yet to be codified. While Nevermind is certainly more commercial than their previous effort, the plan was never to become what it did become: defining the Alternative Rock Genre for over 2 decades. Maybe In Bloom would have been a staple of the underground, or Lithium would have been a top 10 hit on the charts, but Smells Like Teen Spirit announced the beginning of an ERA, and it's all thanks to Kurt Cobain ripping off Boston's More Than A Feeling while writing a Pixies song.

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Dragon Lord - Sep 22nd, 2021

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Moonface - Sep 28th, 2021

Thirteenth Step (Album) - A Perfect Circle

Somehow forgot this band existed despite the fact the lead singer is from Tool and I listen to them a lot. Pretty nice to rediscover this group. ^_^

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - Maniakkid25 - Oct 1st, 2021

Galvanize - The Chemical Brothers

This song is weird. A British EDM group sampling a Moroccan song with an American Rapper (Q-Tip) providing vocals, with the song blending 6/4 and 4/4 with barely a seam between the two sections.

RE: Current/Last Thing You Listened To? - ShiraNoMai - Oct 3rd, 2021

This song always plays on Trihex's stream on Friday without fail from song request and it's honestly a banger. Bless Yakuza games.