Universal Gaming
Tekken 8 | Eddy Gordo Trailer - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tekken 8 | Eddy Gordo Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Tekken 8 | Eddy Gordo Trailer - Moonface - Sep 13th, 2022

Tekken 8 Announced
Get ready for the next battle on the next generation! After being teased back at EVO 2022, the next instalment of Tekken has been officially announced during today's PlayStation State of Play showcase, and is currently in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows.

Katsuhiro Harada shared that this trailer was "taken directly from a certain part in the current work-in-progress Tekken 8’s story mode, played on PlayStation 5. In other words, all the character models, backgrounds, and effects are the same ones that are used in-game. Although this was captured from the story mode, it is not a pre-rendered movie made for the trailer but rather real-time rendered footage, running at 60 frames per second, similar to how you would experience the game in versus battle modes." You can read his full thoughts on the trailer in this PlayStation Blog post.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Sep 14th, 2022

Darn it, I thought this was coming a bit later as an announcement not here, and I missed it live. This so should've been shown at EVO instead where there'd be an audience to lose their shit, but perhaps they just needed to tweak this some more, and it's why we get it now. Pretty awesome trailer and seeing the in-game models that will be used for the actual gameplay. Probably due to hype, but yep I have to get T8. XD

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Sep 15th, 2022

Yeah, I'm surprised EVO didn't really get anything except that shot of Kazuya. Either the footage wasn't ready then or Harada was always intending to have the game presented at TGS and wanted the announcement to happen closer to that event so it remains fresh in peoples minds to check TGS for more info. If this announcement had been back at EVO I feel like a lot of people would've overlooked TGS to keep an eye out for new info.

I wonder if Jun is going to finally come back in this game or not. If it isn't now, then she isn't ever going to come back canonically. Also despite him dying in T7, Heihachi will probably be back in one of two ways:
  1. Appears in a flashback so that he can be on the roster like Kazumi was in T7.
  2. Is integrated with the next JACK as Jack-8, as I read a comment elsewhere (that I now can't locate) that 8 in Japanese is Hachi, so Jack-8 would translate as Jack-Hachi. Apparently a robot Heihachi exists in some Tekken pachi-slot game: https://i.imgur.com/Cm72QHX.jpg

Other than that, holy shit I didn't realize just how much of a glow up T8 will be until I just saw this comparison image:

[Image: hlz6t1pq5wn91.jpg]

It makes T7 look like what my mind thinks PS3 Tekken games look like (and I'm now scared to see how they actually look these days XD). Shock

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Sep 19th, 2022

Yeah it also might've been to let Street Fighter 6 announcements not get overshadowed, as they both want each other to do well and not be in too much of a competition with each other, but with this announcement, T8 already looks so much better. Oof that comparison. I still think TTT2 looks fine, and that T7 wasn't an improvement but just look OK. Now though, can definitely see the difference in Kazuya's character model, yeesh.

I doubt Heihachi will be removed, but do not want to see a Robo-Hachi. If so, at least still have Jack-8. Flashback or DLC is what I'm betting on, but less so for DLC. He should be in base roster, but a late reveal perhaps.

Jun I think has a good chance to return for T8, especially with the conflict being between Jin and Kazuya now.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Sep 19th, 2022

I know T8 is using brand new models, and I'm trying to find out when the last time was that new models were used in this series. Kazuya in that T7 shot looks like a higher resolution version of his T4 model, so I'm wondering if the models have been the same since then with the level of detail on them just being bumped up as the games have moved to newer consoles. If not then I guess maybe the last time was T6 when the series moved to PS3, but I can't find anything that says new models were made for that game. I'd love to know, because regardless of which specific game the models last got redone, they held up well for how long they got used for but I'm glad they're being redone now.

My one concern with Heihachi is that his VA passed away after T7 (or at least after his lines were done for that game), so if he is in this games story mode I wonder how they'll handle his lines. As much as they could just get a new VA, I'd rather they don't do that as it felt fitting the character passed away in T7 after the passing of the VA and I wouldn't want that spoiled. If they just put him in as a regular playable character then they can just continue to use his existing lines since they won't need to be redone.

Do you think this game will end with all of the Mishima bloodline dead? I doubt Kazuya is going to be the sole fatality, and Jin's whole "we shouldn't exist" line gives strong vibes of ending the entire bloodline rather than just the problematic people in it. Then again, Jin killing himself and Kazuya won't necessarily mean the devil gene is gone, because Kazuya and his devil gene got brought back in T4 by using his remains so unless they plan to join Heihachi in the lava bath someone else would have to ensure their remains aren't taken by anyone.

Although, if Jin and Kazuya die here, I don't see how Tekken would continue since who would even host the next tournament and why? Ignoring the motives often thrown behind it by a Mishima, usually the Zaibatsu is on the line but I doubt it would exist anymore if the Mishima's are all dead, and nobody else really seems suited to hosting the tournament in the first place. XD

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Sep 23rd, 2022

I'm not sure about the models either. I'd imagine T6 was that last time too but could be wrong.

For Heihachi I'd prefer they'd stick to the last VA's lines, although those are only Tag 2 and T7, they're the most modern version of him. The flashback could be possibly go younger again, either the black haired version of Tag 2, but can't imagine them bringing in a new voice unless it's even younger than that. Hope not.

Either Kazuya or both, but T7 did bring in Kazumi who is part of the Hachijo Clan which apparently the Devil Gene comes from, so more of their clan could enter the fray, be a side distraction for both of them before they fight each other, or after, or after they die (T9?). OK don't want to think that too far ahead, but shoving Kazumi into T7 there had to be a backstory for her too. Or she was the last member and there's no one to think about, but yeah about Kazuya's body being found and him still having the Devil Gene, their bodies need to be removed completely in any hopes of getting rid of it.

Perhaps T8 will be the end for the story, but one last celebration of the Tekken franchise afterwards? OK, Tag 3 would be questionable after Tag 2 almost ending Tekken before the story was over. I also can't think of anyone who could continue it. Asuka is a relative but can't see her having interest in the tournament to host.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Sep 28th, 2022

I feel like having the Hachijo clan show up again would be rather bad, since I don't see what reason there would be to have waited until now that wasn't already done with Heihachi being pursued by Akuma on their behalf in T7. I forget if Akuma goes after Jin or Kazuya though.

I think Tekken really requires a villain to be running the tournament every time. It's never been run with good intentions, and there isn't really anyone outside the Mishima clan who would viably do that. It could be run just for the sake of what it is supposed to be, which is a fighting tournament for the best of the best, but I think the story telling would suffer without any ulterior motive going on which is always the canonical plot of the games until we know which side characters have their stories made canon, such as Paul in T3.

I wonder if they would opt to remake the earlier games to do the story better in those, since at the time the story telling was rather barebones and didn't really start being the focus until T4 with all the narration elements they added. It would at least be a way to make more Tekken if the story hits a dead end with T8, although the roster would be really small compared to what we have these days. XD

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Oct 1st, 2022

Akuma did go after Kazuya, twice.

Yeah the tournament has always been like that with one of them behind it. No one else could really step in unless yet another brand new character props up, but in what relation to the Mishima's, not sure.

I'm hoping this time around the stories for each individual character gets more attention like T4/T5 did. Also, Team Battle NEEDS to come back.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Oct 3rd, 2022

Ah, now you mention it I remember because Heihachi broadcasts their fight to expose Kazuya's devil gene to the world. Jin probably never gets attacked because he's wandering in the desert looking for Sully. ROFL

Team Battle didn't get added to T7 eventually? I thought I saw it mentioned as one of the free DLC drops but I guess I'm mistaken.
As for stories, yeah, T4/T5 were the height of the series when it came to making everyone matter. I think T4 is actually the best Tekken gets for story telling as a whole, and outside of the Mishima family it goes downhill repeatedly from T5 onwards.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Oct 4th, 2022

Nah it was Tekken Bowl that was added as a DLC mode. That was OK but hoped at least Team Battle would be added in later seasons but alas, nope. Just characters, stages and gameplay improvement patches, latter being free except something in Practice mode.

Yeah Paul was ruined in T5 and some others I think were too...just Pauls stood out. Do agree T4 was best at the stories. T6 ruined Arcade Mode, but only because the Tekken Force-like story mode was new. Glad that didn't be the story mode style for T7, but the narrator journalist dude was terrible to include. Likely will be similar for T8 but hopefully without a random narrator character, unless it's an established character (not the guy again, a playable character) recounting the events perhaps, but with less screen time for narration. Would prefer none of it though and just a story mode and Arcade brought back to it's former glory, you just play through a shortened version of the story but with each character fighting others like T4/T5.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Oct 10th, 2022

Nothing against Tekken Bowl but imagine putting in some mini-game over a mode that's basically a staple of the series. Rolleyes

I can't think of a character who got dicked over as hard as Paul did. I think what makes it really bad for him is that he seems to have come closest to winning more times than any other character (not counting any of the Mishima's), being forced to forfeit against Kazuya in T2 (no idea if this means Paul made it to the finals given Kazuya is the final boss, but I would assume it does), and being screwed entirely in T3 due to Ogre transforming after he left.

The only narrator Tekken has ever had that was good is the one who narrates the prologues and epilogues in T4. I think T7 had that random journalist as the narrator because of the amount of flashback content the game had, which I doubt T8 will do because there's no relations with Jin and Kazuya that we don't know anything about already, and neither of them have any history with each other outside of what we've seen in games like T4.
To me the ideal thing would have been to do the Story Mode which is where all the in-depth stuff happens where you don't pick who you fight with, and then Arcade mode is on the side where everyone gets their classic 8-stage fight and tournament story like it was in the past. For any characters who are prominent in Story Mode, just make it a simpler version. Like Jin is clearly going to go bitch slap his daddy, so just make it where his prologue is talking about him witnessing Kazuya killing Heihachi, and entering T8 to defeat his father and end the bloodline. The epilogue could then just be a similar cutscene to whatever the ending of their Story Mode fight is. I wouldn't want the stripped down Arcade Mode that T6 introduced where it's what, 4 stages and no story content? The two modes can definitely co-exist together without compromise I think.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2022

Tekken 8 | Story and Gameplay Teaser Trailer
Father. Son. Mother. This family reunion is going to be explosive. Tekken 8 is bringing back old grudges to the new generation – Kazuya, Jin, Paul, King, Law, Lars, Jack-8 and…the return of Jun Kazama!

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Dec 9th, 2022

YES, Jun is back and with that brief flashback scene of her and POV of young Jin, possibly Ogre will be back too similar to how Kazumi was in T7. New outfits looking great, except Paul sorta of, not terrible but might grow to like it better, and Law looking too big but he was too big in T7 anyway so just a continuation of that. Thought he could be Forest for one second when he was posing before the nunchuck attack, but it is Marshall. That city street stage, oh my, possibly hazards like T4 but there's definitely hazards against walls like Jack getting blown up. Cannot wait until I see more character reveals, especially for Lee and Armor King who are bound to be in this.

Here's some HD shots and Character Renders for the currently confirmed characters.

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Moonface - Dec 10th, 2022

I could imagine Ogre being present in this game now purely as a flashback character so that we can find out what really happened in the fight between it and Jun, and also where she's been in the 6 years since she disappeared.*

Having looked at the official character renders revealed so far for the game, I have to say I actually really hate Paul's new look. In the trailer I thought he had gone back to his Tekken 4 style of look, but instead he's got that Karen hairdo going and looks like he wants to see the manager of the Iron Fist Tournament. Maybe he's going to be reminded of Ogre when he sees Jun and decides to file a complain over being screwed in Tekken 3. Tongue

*When looking into the story timeline of the Tekken games to find out how much time passed between Jun disappearing and Tekken 8, I actually couldn't believe that Tekken's 4-8 happen in the span of like less than a year. I guess it makes sense since the only thing that seems to cause a notable time jump is when the next character to host the tournament is waiting for something to provide an incentive, and from Tekken 4 onwards nobody has to wait for an incentive to present itself. And we all thought 2020 was an eventful year. ROFL

RE: Tekken (Series) | Tekken 8 Announced - Mr EliteL - Dec 11th, 2022

Yeah Paul's really is the worst out of the new designs. His outfit is OK, but wish his jacket was black and definitely would rather have his T4 hairstyle back, that would improve him a lot. His face is fine though, just, hope they do sort out the hair, but if it comes down to it I'd just customise him particularly to remove and change it. XD

Yeah hard to believe somewhat that all these five games 4-8 happen within a year and for us it's been 20. LOL I've known that though and I assume all characters have aged a year by now like Jin was 21 in 4, should be 22 now.

Looking at the first teaser with Jin and Kazuya and comparing the newest trailer, this is still early days and hoping the teaser is what they're striving for. Believe it was mentioned what's shown so far from the TGA trailer is not final graphics and animation wise, because it's a downgrade from what was first shown.